Debi
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
12/06/09 02:52 PM
Re: deal of a lifetime

One other down side I see you you paying her CS and raising the child is that on paper it would be her who has custody not you. Any time she gets PO'd she could say she's keeping your daughter and there isn't much you can do because the papers would have to show she has custody to do what you're talking about.

Offering SS in exchange for custody would be a much safer alternative. If she doesn't want to go for that idea you could always say that if she fights for custody you'll be requesting that she keep an account of where all of the CS money goes due to her comments about "her" not being able to live on that amount of money. It's extreme and doesn't happen often but I do know a couple of people who have had that put in their decree. If she has to show the money is going toward your daughters care and not her lifestyle she may see SS and giving you custody as a much better alternative.

I completely understand what you're thinking and why. I just think you need to tweek this idea a bit before presenting it. I'm completely against SS for an able bodied person who is capeable of supporting themselves. I think it makes them a parasite, but in your case I think it's the lesser of two evils to offer it.

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: