05/19/11 10:13 PM
Re: overpaid child support

[quote]MSA says 28% of net income [/quote]

If I were you, I would get a set amount. The way it is worded gives him too much room to manipulate his withholdings to lower the child support, such as max it out and get a huge refund at the end of the year.

You also don't have to deal with this nonsense with a set amount (the set amount would be based on his gross income less taxes as per the IRS withholding tables for how many exemptions he claims, this way he can't max out his withholding for the calculations)to be taken out each paycheck. He may or may not get the money back. It all depends on how the court views his stupidity.

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: