k122175
(newbie)
10/29/07 07:36 AM
Re: Short and sweet...

Lotsoflight - regarding the teenager - I TRY to demand respect and when I take something like (TV or computer) when he is out of line - my husband gives it back to him. The only time his father gets upset with him is if he changes the tv show he was watching - but he can talk to me anyway he wants and my husband says nothing. He laughs when his son is rude to me and calls me stupid. I do know that teenagers are difficult - but I don't have to put up with it if my husband isn't going to demand that he respect me also. It's like my husband and stepson are brothers - not father and son. They both make fun of me to make the other one laugh. Then I get mad and say something then the 5 yo says "mommy - why are you mean to my daddy and my brother?" I don't want him growing up thinking that is how you treat your mother or people you love.

I do believe that I'm going to move out after the holidays but I have to admit that I am so scared. I'm scared of what it will do to my 5 yo - I'm scared of what my husband will do. He's never been physically violent before (other than throwing things against a wall or breaking my things) but I don't know how he'll react to this. I'm just very scared of what will happen.

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: