haventstartedyet
(member)
10/17/10 12:50 PM
Re: Husband threatened me from 'over there'...

I wanted to update what is happening right now. I am still in GA with the intention of heading to MD in just a few days from now.(That hasn't changed). I have since filed divorce papers to include a statement that stbx will not now or in the future force me to bring the children back to GA...we have settled on a 1/2way meeting point between MD & GA for the drop-off & pick-up of the children.(Honestly I don't know how often stbx will want to do that, but he is agreeing). He has all of the papers in his hands now...I was allowed to scan all papers & email them to him(it was quite a job, but I did it). Here's the thing...this was on the 13th(Wednesday) & it's now Sunday. He is now wanting me to cut back the monthly CS by $40 dollars...I am willing to make that change. He wants me to cut back the alimony amount by $100 a month...I will also make this change. I will most likely end up at the courthouse tomorrow to see the clerk I filed my papers with to make these changes & have it notarized (I left the clerk a message to let her know that I need to make these 2 changes in order for my stbx to agree to sign the papers). I hope this will not be a difficult thing to fix...I just want to move on. There has been no attorney involved in any of this...I want to state that it can be done even with a military divorce...if both parties can reach an agreement on everything. I will not say this has been easy...I was in the clerks office 3 times so far & the 3rd time was when I was told I could email my stbx. Tomorrow may be a 4th time I have to go there. BTW..it was over $200 just for me to file for divorce. For someone that doesn't have a lot of money that can be pretty steep.(another $50 if u want to have the sheriff serve the papers...I didn't so I didn't have to pay that). Here's another thing...my stbx is not happy about any of the numbers, but I didn't really expect him to be. His situation is going change quite a bit, but he has alluded to having a gf that is going to move to GA to be with him...and u know what I have to say to that...I feel sorry for her already! Now...after I find out what I have to do tomorrow...I will come back and post.

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: