(recently joined)
05/14/07 07:45 PM
Too long?

A couple years ago my wife left me for another man. She said she was going to visit him in another state and took my child with her. She then said she was going to live there with my daughter and this other man.

I understand now that what occurred was "parental kidnapping". After some research, it seems that since my child has been living in that state with her for more than 6 months, that state is now her "home state", and apparently it's okay for this to have happened, because it happened more than 6 months ago?

During the couple of years, my daughter has visited me and I've even flown out there. I've given more than the child support guidelines allow, even though we are not even legally separated or divorced. It was not the first time she'd gone into the arms of another lover. In the past, I've taken her back. There was a time when I hoped perhaps we could be a family again.

That time has passed, and I want to reclaim the daughter that was stolen from me. Do I have any legal recourse in this matter? Or is there an effective "statute of limitations" on parental kidnapping? Does her peaceful visitation in the past imply my consent and nullify my parental rights?

My daughter was removed from the state under false pretenses.

What can I do?

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: