(Carpal \'Tunnel)
09/10/10 11:24 AM
Re: He didn't file for 3 years- impact on me?

Did you have ANY income during those three years? Even interest income on your own savings account or a joint savings account? I think you should file "Married filing separately" for those three years NOW and claim some income (otherwise you cannot file) and face the consequences.

There are stiff 'failure to file' penalties, plus interest. The sooner you file the sooner those can be taken care of. The IRS will allow you to go on a payment plan if necessary. The longer you wait the higher the 'failure to file' penalties will be. You can take care of the innocent spouse relief at the same time. You can at least get your own tax situation settled.

You will probably benefit from some good tax advice from a CPA - and the lady right there in town at Tax Time is NOT going to be your best bet. You need an established f i r m, not a fly by night service with a swinging door of UNtrained people.

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: