plantasmile
(recently joined)
10/16/08 03:44 PM
Divorce Judgment malpracice really?

My husbands divorce attorney can no longer represent him because she made a mistake (according to him) in my favor, with our final divorce judgment, which has been signed,by me, him, and judge. His original attorney wrote our prenup 7 years ago. I guess everyone involved failed to realize a certain sentence that said "less" or deduct rather than "in addition to" so my settlement is more than he wants to pay. He says he is only paying what the pre-nup states he has to. Well he has already added more than that with extras like health insurance as well as an extra $20,000 to get me to sign faster. Now his attorneys insurance company is paying for a new attorney to represent him in filing a motion to set aside the paragraph. Now I have to pay even more attorney fees..does anyone have any expertise on this kind of situation? Any help would be wonderful. Is his new attorney just looking into this to see whether insurance will pay for his original attnys mistake? Or will they remove it from the judgment? How can I fight this?
Thank you in advance---

finz
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
10/17/08 06:05 AM
Re: Divorce Judgment malpracice really?

Wow........what a mess !

I have no idea what this will do to the terms of your divorce, but wanted to say I think you should motion for him to pay your attorney fees for this. It's not your fault his side screwed up.......you already paid for "one divorce settlement."

Good luck

mommyof9
(old hand)
10/17/08 07:39 AM

Most definately request compensation.

FRFather
(journeyman)
10/17/08 07:56 AM

What I have learned is that this poster, a femin azi PIG has no qualms about disrupting our posts, but the Kf sure does not like us disrupting her posts.

Cute.

Guess what, PIG?

EVERYONE thinks that you are a controlling bytch...or is that butch?

This post is off topic, but what can one expect from a known femin azi PIG? Hmmmm?

TP

OT

PT

fG

Kf

TI

SOW

Did I say

SOW?

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: