LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 08:34 AM
Susan Powell.. Anyone still think he's not guilty?

abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powells-dad-asks-arrest-josh-powell/story?id=16045059

Sickening :( Wonder if there'll be an "I was wrong" from those who insisted that if they had evidence, they would have charged him. Or a "you were right" to those who said the police HAD to have other evidence, they just didn't have ENOUGH evidence.

What was most saddening in this article is another prosecutor in another county saying in his jurisdiction they WOULD have charged Josh with murder. So sad those boys died because they apparently lived in the wrong county :(

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 09:11 AM
Re: Susan Powell.. Anyone still think he's not guilty?

better article: [censored].abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Unsealed-documents-reveal-new-information-on/vwsiV73Bm0KUfWG4KGdAZw.cspx?rss=20

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 09:33 AM

in case anyone is interested in the sealed documents themselves:

cw30.com/media/lib/5/0/e/9/0e97e799-8a1e-40a4-8793-8df03f0de1b4/Steven_Powell_warrants.pdf

Miranda
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 12:28 PM

I'm pretty sure gr8dad was the only person that thought Josh was innocent...and knowing that gr8dad is a smart man I think he was just trying to convince himself of the whole "innocent til proven guilty" mantra. Because Josh Powell is guilty as sin.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 12:34 PM

Yeah, I read the entire document this morning :-( Very sad that they didn't arrest him. Very very very sad. Those boys would be alive. I still suspect they were coming close to an arrest, or maybe he just felt they were. No one "pushed" him to do jack.. I still stand by my original assessment that it's all about control with that guy. And all the others like him that do this sort of thing. Definitely a very distinct personality type.

Miranda
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 12:40 PM

I think Washington state (isn't that where they were) is now pointing fingers at Utah for not arresting him. I guess instead of being held accountable, the state courts would rather point fingers at each other.

I DVRed the Casey Anthony "48 Hours Mystery" last night on TLC. It was a new show and I am going to watch it now.

Between the Casey Anthony case last year and the Trayvon Martin case mishandling this year I don't know if I ever want to return to Florida. I was in Florida last summer when the verdict was read. It was crazy there.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 02:30 PM

Ooo, I missed the Casey Anthony one I would have liked to have seen that :(

Unfortunately, wasn't much Washington State could do. Wasn't up to them to charge him with anything really. They did what they could do within presumably the limits of the law to protect the children but without actual charges against him.. what could they do?

I think Utah effed up. The likelihood of them finding a body gets slimmer and slimmer as time goes on. Plenty of cases have been tried and won without that and just a ton of "circumstantial" evidence. Sounds like they had enough. And worst case, so they try him.. don't convict. Okay, it's lost, he gets the kids back as an innocent man.. no "perceived pressure" that his kids are in jeopardy (in his eyes). Very sad case.

The one thing I would fault HER on? From the documents, it appears that they were having marital problems at least around the birth of child one, and continually throughout until her death.. sooooo why have child TWO? I can understand the first child.. rough patch, it'll work out, yadda yadda.. but you're still having problems, it's NOT a new problem and you.. have another kid with someone who you fear? Mmmm, not very bright. AND knowing that your father in law is a not so closet nut job who has a crazy ass sexual obsession with you? Can't reconcile why on earth she'd have a 2nd kid into that family.

Loretta
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 05:47 PM

This whole case sucks. He was obviously guilty. Being a Utah girl? I'm surprised it played out like this. I can't stop thinking about those kids. As to why she had more with him? Who knows? When you are abused you do a lot of unrashanable things. I know my mom did. I know my cousin did. I guess you'd have to be in their shoes to understand.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 06:25 PM

I wasnt married to him, but I did get pregnant by an abuser.. That's the abortion I get cranked on for here :-). I knew having a child by him would tie me to him forever. I was 21? Something like that. Granted I did do stupid stuff. Moved to Florida with him early on, went back to him after he left me there.. But having a baby? Can't take that back. No way

sampoe55
(newbie)
04/01/12 07:44 PM

Can't take that back, but you get rid of them or give them away.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 08:50 PM

Yes those are options. Yes I've done both. And I have my daughter. Whoever you are?? You're truly mentally disturbed. Evil would be a good word. Anything I've ever said to anyone here, I've says AS ME. People may not like me, but I don't hide under some crazy fake name. You're INSANE. Truly, completely, INSANE. Seek help.

sampoe55
(newbie)
04/01/12 09:25 PM
LB village hypocrite

Only some of us need help. The MrsB haters are not evil or insane. Hypocrite

TruthPLEASEnoW
(journeyman)
04/01/12 09:39 PM
Re: LB village hypocrite

[quote]Only some of us need help. The MrsB haters are not evil or insane. Hypocrite [/quote]

How would u even know? Haters or not there's atleast a few here with some screws pretty lose.

I can not help but wonder what someone can actually say on this forum that's considered hate worthy.

If any1 actually HATES someone here that's just f*cking stupid. Even the paychotics like Suzi, ,Caro, Katie and D aren't HATE WORTHY. Do people really take this sh*t that serious.

LAME.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/01/12 10:18 PM

Apparently you do bc you have gone through the trouble of creating fake names to disguise yourself. Now, we know you are an old, existing poster by your use of my initial and RWS' nickname that she prefers not used, but which hadn't been brought up on this board in a long long time.

So yea, apparently it's that important to u, and yes, you are lame. Have some balls and use your real name. But you won't, because you're a pathetic, spineless person. Yup, you're lame.

Miranda
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 07:21 AM

Susan's parents on the Today Show now. How sad. How infuriating...her parents have such level heads.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 08:10 AM

I'll have to try and watch it tonight. Or there'll be a print version on their site later today. (I'm an internet news junkie lol). It really is an awful case.. one of those cases that'll be brought back up for reference for a lonnnnngggg lonnngggggg time..

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 08:29 AM
Today show...

today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46924780/ns/today-today_news/t/missing-utah-moms-father-she-stayed-too-long-marriage/

gr8Dad
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 09:28 AM

Do I feel differently now? Of course. Do I regret what I said before? Nope, because the new evidence is the ONLY evidence, and as damning as it is NOW< without it BEFORE, he appeared innocent.

Loretta
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 09:32 AM

No, he appeared guilty, you were just blinded by the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra, as Miranda pointed out.

Did she say YES?????

gr8Dad
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 09:36 AM

Read above for the answer to the proposal.

As for him "appearing" guilty, no, he did not, because the evidence that you are NOW seeing was not made public. So in the public eye, it didn't EXIST, thus there was no evidence.

Oh, and BTW, "innocent until proven guilty" is not a MANTRA< it is the BASIS and FOUNDATION of our justice system.

Loretta
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 09:42 AM

Please. There was enough out there to come to the conclusion that without a doubt he killed her.

gr8Dad
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 09:50 AM

Well, I hope if you are ever in a situation that someone else thinks you committed a crime, someone UNLIKE you will be judging you.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 10:07 AM

Yes he did appear guilty. You are vastly vastly vastly in the minority in thinking otherwise. Again, just the plain facts that he was KNOWN to not be cooperative. That isn't new news. It's been public knowledge since the beginning. Inconsistencies in stories.. also known since day one. The drying couch/fan, also known. And the mere fact, yet again, that he took a 2 and 4 year old out, in a SNOWSTORM, to CAMP? At 12:30 in the MORNING, as in AM. Is simply beyond the realm of any sort of normal/rational thinking. That alone makes him look guilty frankly.

Loretta
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 11:46 AM

[quote]Well, I hope if you are ever in a situation that someone else thinks you committed a crime, someone UNLIKE you will be judging you. [/quote]

And if my loved one was murdered, and it was obvious who it was, I would hope someone UNLIKE you was in charge.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 12:15 PM

[quote][quote]Well, I hope if you are ever in a situation that someone else thinks you committed a crime, someone UNLIKE you will be judging you. [/quote]

And if my loved one was murdered, and it was obvious who it was, I would hope someone UNLIKE you was in charge. [/quote]

**LIKE** (no offense Gr8!)

Reilly
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 01:32 PM

I'm not sure I ever saw Gr8 state he was innocent...just that he wasn't proven guilty and the evidence was circumstantial...

gr8Dad
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 02:57 PM

The problem is that the "majority" who, once they think you are guilty, make ANY actions you to be a sign of guilt. You act out of character, its because you are guilty, you act IN character, well, you lost a loved one and SHOULDN'T act normal, so your guilty. You cooperate, your trying to cover it up and your guilty, you don't cooperate, well, its because you are guilty. You don't have an alibi, your guilty. You DO have an alibi, well, you are trying to look not guilty because you are guilty.

Fortunately, our justice system does not work on a majority rules type system.

Miranda
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 03:53 PM

[quote]I'm not sure I ever saw Gr8 state he was innocent...just that he wasn't proven guilty and the evidence was circumstantial... [/quote]

No, actually gr8dad said there was "no evidence" against him. "No evidence", not circumstantial evidence. You can see him say that over and over in Elliesmom's thread. Also, Josh Powell never went to trial so he was obviously never proven guilty.

Gecko
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 04:43 PM

Anyone still think he's not guilty?

---> Guilty of what? I wasn't aware that he had been charged with a new crime.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 05:22 PM

Oh yes great one. Most normal people on this site get what's being said. Sorry you're too dense to grasp the basics.

Gecko
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 05:30 PM

Seems the only person here who is dense is yourself you're unable to answer a simple question.

Reilly
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 06:12 PM

For the record...I think he's guilty as hell..

He had no qualms killing his own children...for whatever reasons he had...I doubt he had any qualms in killing his wife...

However, and I'm kind of glad Gr8 stood and said it...the evidence was "wobbly"...there was no smoking gun...his actions were highly suspicious, but they didn't make him guilty of being anything but incredibly stupid in the parenting category...

I think he did it..but I sure do hope that our justice system would work like its supposed to..

All the reasons I love this country are slowly disappearing...Its very sad...

javajunkiee
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 07:20 PM

Well said Reilly, well said indeed.

Loretta
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 07:37 PM

[quote]Anyone still think he's not guilty?

---> Guilty of what? I wasn't aware that he had been charged with a new crime. [/quote]

I gotta stick up for LB on this one. This post was silly at best. I'm pretty sure you understood the post, so why be "offensive"?

Miranda
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/02/12 08:35 PM

I think he did it..but I sure do hope that our justice system would work like its supposed to..

Had our justice system worked those two little boys wouldn't be DEAD. Seriously. The system worked? It did? Wow.

M5M5
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 12:54 AM

Totally agree.

M5M5
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 12:56 AM

I think she meant that she had hoped it would work like it's supposed to. I don't think she is saying that it did work...

Reilly
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 06:15 AM

Thanks M5...yes...that's exactly what I meant...sorry for any confusion..

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 09:10 AM

[quote][quote]Anyone still think he's not guilty?

---> Guilty of what? I wasn't aware that he had been charged with a new crime. [/quote]

I gotta stick up for LB on this one. This post was silly at best. I'm pretty sure you understood the post, so why be "offensive"? [/quote]

----------<>>> Thank you.

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 09:17 AM

I would respectfully disagree. The police/prosecutors had a lot more information. There was blood. A wet couch with fans blowing on it. He claimed to not be able to talk to police because he was conserving his cell phone battery and didn't have a charger but he's sitting in the car, with the cop looking through the passenger window (view unobstructed) and where is his phone? Oh, CHARGING on the console. Where's Susan's phone? In JOSH'S possession. What's missing? The SIM card. Why would you take your missing wife's phone and remove the SIM card? Why would he lie about NOT knowing his wife was NOT at work (when he typically was the one to drive her TO work, since they only had one vehicle) when he was specifically TOLD, hours before, that she was not at work. Why would he leave a message on his wife's cell phone, having a normal convo, KNOWING that she's not at work/that she's missing.

They just didn't have a body. And as one of the WA law enforcement guys said.. you arrest him. He was never arrested. What's the harm in arresting him? You arrest him, you truly interrogate him. See what comes out. They didn't even do that. Oh well, he won't talk to us, gee that's too bad. It was all done on IF he was willing to cooperate (which he wasn't).

Arden
(old hand)
04/03/12 10:56 AM

I am going to have to agree with everyone here.

From a message board discussion perspective, I am going to agree with Reilly and Gr8dad. From what was originally and used first for discussion here, there was not enough concrete "without a shadow of doubt" proof to say 100% guilty. Did "I" think he was guilty? Yes, I did.

If I was sitting on a jury, following the jury instructions for a murder conviction and only had the evidence they had released back then, could I convict him? Sadly, no.

Now we know there was so much more evidence in this case and the cops sat on it. Not all that unusual in big cases. Of course now we all see that resulted in a fatal and truly tragic act.

All this is my own theory and only what I "think" happened;
The authorities in this case clearly underestimated the actions of Josh Powell and what he was capable of. I would like to know if there was an official profiling done on him. My guess is there not. I think the cops just assumed they were dealing with a typical crime of passion and they had all the time in the world to work the case, as they wrongly assumed he was not a danger to anyone else.

Sadly nothing can change the outcome of this tragic event. I can only hope those babies did not die in vain and what ever mistakes were made that brought them their death, will be learned from and never to be repeated again.

gr8Dad
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 12:17 PM

"What's the harm in arresting him?"

Spoken like a TRULY "whipped American"...

LexieBelle
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 12:41 PM

Not sure what that means?

gr8Dad
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 03:39 PM

Well, as we are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty, the idea that the police should just be able to ARREST someone because and hold them and interrogate them is soemthing new to those who are whipped by authority. And "Just arrest him" sounds great until YOU are HIM.

Gecko
(Carpal \'Tunnel)
04/03/12 06:06 PM

This post was silly at best.

---> Couldn't agree more...another example of a person being "tried" in the media.

SockPuppet1
(journeyman)
04/04/12 11:20 AM

O My GAWWWWWD. U r pathetic u and ur loser friends. Get a life already.

ISSUES

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: