Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
ebbeyjoy
recently joined

Reged: 08/13/10
Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay??
      #682525 - 08/13/10 11:08 AM

Does Noncustodial parent pay over the course of the year and included with monthly child support or pay during summer on top of child support.
I am in pa.

THANKS! :confused:

Edited by ebbeyjoy (08/13/10 11:13 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
matilda
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/11/04
Re: Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay?? [Re: ebbeyjoy]
      #682532 - 08/13/10 11:41 AM

I would take a look at your CO and if it mentions extracurricular activities. I believe unless it is mentioned in CO, then CS is intended to pay for your portion of summer activities as well.

greeneyes
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/08/08
Re: Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay?? [Re: matilda]
      #682533 - 08/13/10 11:43 AM

My support order has x and I each paying a portion of summer camp whether dd is in camp in my state or his.

Summer camp payment is in addition to CS.

ebbeyjoy
recently joined

Re: Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay?? [Re: greeneyes]
      #682534 - 08/13/10 11:45 AM

He is offering to pay for half but I wanted it included in the child support and he wants to pay during the summer when it is due. I like to know I have the money and pay myself!

greeneyes
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/08/08
      #682535 - 08/13/10 11:48 AM

Why do you need the money before the payment is due? As long as there is a CS order that he has to pay it - that is what is important.

palmel1234
journeyman

Reged: 03/05/10
      #682536 - 08/13/10 12:11 PM

"He is offering to pay for half but I wanted it included in the child support and he wants to pay during the summer when it is due."

If it is a full day camp or necessary in order for you to work, it should be considered as part of child care and
should be factored into child support as such.

Every summer my oldest has to go to summer camp because I work full time. I consider it day care and factored it into the cost of child care for the year.

If you don't need summer camp for child care, it could be considered an extra-curricular activity and in which case you would probably split the cost with NCP. If summer camp wasn't factored into the cost of child care you will probably have to wait for him to pay it.

Edited by palmel1234 (08/13/10 12:18 PM)

ebbeyjoy
recently joined

Re: Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay?? [Re: palmel1234]
      #682540 - 08/13/10 12:41 PM

Fall day camp is necessary as I work. It is not so much for extra circular reasons as it is for child care while I am at work reasons. That is why I wanted to roll both the before and after care (during school year) and the full day camp (during the summer) into the child support.

palmel1234
journeyman

#682542 - 08/13/10 12:56 PM

"Fall day camp is necessary as I work. It is not so much for extra circular reasons as it is for child care while I am at work reasons. That is why I wanted to roll both the before and after care (during school year) and the full day camp (during the summer) into the child support."

I do same as well. After school care is necessary for you to work so it should be considered child care. What I did was add up the entire costs for child care for my two children for the year including summer camp, after school care, day care, etc., and divided by 12. That gave me how much per month I spend on child care. I told my attorney and she puts the numbers into the child support calculator.

I don't know why there's even discussion about this, you just punch the numbers into child support calculator and that's it. Maybe you should call it child care so your ex doesn't think it's not necessary?

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
      #682544 - 08/13/10 01:04 PM

[quote]He is offering to pay for half but I wanted it included in the child support and he wants to pay during the summer when it is due. I like to know I have the money and pay myself! [/quote]

Summer Camp should not be included in CS - CS is for SUPPORT - Summer Camp is not a 'given' and it's something you can choose to forfeit if you don't have the money to send the child (unlike feeding and clothing your child). Likewise, if the dates conflict with something else, you will have the money but no summer camp and that's just not right. If the other parent is offering to pay for half WHEN IT OCCURS you really have no argument and should thankfully accept the offer.

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
Depends on a lot of factors... [Re: ebbeyjoy]
      #682566 - 08/13/10 02:07 PM

Your state to start. Some award daycare on top of CS and some factor it into CS. Then it depends on your state and perhaps your judge as to whether they allow for summer camp. If its more than usual daycare and you work, then they may only have the NCP pay per the cost of the usual daycare as their portion of summer camp. It is typically paid monthly with the CS, but perhaps on a seperate check for states that seperate them. If they have to pay a portion of the summer camp costs, the check would be different during the summer camp months than during the usual daycare months. And lastly depending on your judge, they may order they pay half the summer camp up front if the summer camp requires the payment up front.

--------------------
Char Fox

palmel1234
journeyman

Re: Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay?? [Re: Avaya]
      #682585 - 08/13/10 02:59 PM

"Summer Camp should not be included in CS - CS is for SUPPORT - Summer Camp is not a 'given' and it's something you can choose to forfeit if you don't have the money to send the child"

In this case summer camp is not a luxury, OP needs someone to watch her kid so she can work. I work full time and my oldest child is in school but during the summer the only option I have for child care is to send her to summer camp.

Summer camp is a misleading term, it's really child care for school aged children. Often working parents have no other option for child care when school is out.

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
Re: Child Support and Summer Camp- when does NCP Pay?? [Re: palmel1234]
      #682656 - 08/13/10 10:02 PM

Summer camp is a misleading term, it's really child care for school aged children.

Exactly. Where I am the term Day Camp is used mostly to make the kids feel better. No 11 yo wants to go to "daycare" but tell them its camp and it's different to them.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

Goodmom
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/17/07
      #682676 - 08/14/10 07:49 AM

My kids are in summer camp this year. My ex pays a portion of it in the amount of childcare costs that is added onto the child support he pays. If childcare is not added on to your child support and the kids don't required childcare while you are work, then it's going to depend on what your court order says.

An example: Once my kids no longer require childcare (I don't agree with the IRS guidelinse, but that is what NJ will go by) and childcare costs are removed from the child support, my ex will still have to pay a portion as it is addressed in my court order.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6771

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: