Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Spousal Support/Alimony

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: Miranda]
      #708160 - 11/21/10 08:13 AM

"Men want women to stay home and take care of the house and children because it makes their lives easier, yet they want to bitchh about it when it comes to divorce and then they have to pay alimony."

And women want to stay home and care for the house and kids, because it is easier, and has very little "standards" or supervision (ie, they can do what they want with little oversight), and then want to bytch when it doesn't "pay" very well.

Hey, I am all for alimony is some cases, but if you want to COLLECT from the marriage, you should have to prove the other party did something WRONG. And that is something I think many women do not understand. Most men I know do not have a problem with "cheaters" getting screwed by alimony. What we have a problem with is a woman who CAUSES the downfall of the marriage, and then wants to collect on their actions.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
english7
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/27/09
Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: gr8Dad]
      #708168 - 11/21/10 08:35 AM

I can kind of understand how you think on this, Gr8. It does not seem right for a cheating woman to get alimony. But what happens if the husband cheats...do you think he should pay her alimony?

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: english7]
      #708173 - 11/21/10 09:05 AM

Yes. I think the one that causes the violation of the "contract" should not also be able to BENEFIT from that violation. Myself, hanz (I do not know yerna's story) and a few other men on this board have had to pay alimony to women who were DIRECTLY responsibile for the collapse of the marriage.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: gr8Dad]
      #708213 - 11/21/10 10:42 AM

Hey, I am all for alimony is some cases, but if you want to COLLECT from the marriage, you should have to prove the other party did something WRONG. And that is something I think many women do not understand. Most men I know do not have a problem with "cheaters" getting screwed by alimony. What we have a problem with is a woman who CAUSES the downfall of the marriage, and then wants to collect on their actions.

No I disagree. You just had your "contract" argument below and this situation is no different. If a husband and wife decide to have 4 children in 8 years and the wife is to stay home and child rear and then I don't understand why there is such an alimony shocker when it comes to divorce.

He married her, he chose this lifestyle.

Now I totally do not agree with all alimony scenarios, when women cheat, they both parties are gainfully employed, I don't agree with 20 year alimony payments, etc. but in some cases short term rehabilitative alimony is warranted.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#708236 - 11/21/10 11:08 AM

"If a husband and wife decide to have 4 children in 8 years and the wife is to stay home and child rear and then I don't understand why there is such an alimony shocker when it comes to divorce."

And in some cases, I agree. But not if the one SEEKING alimony caused the divorce through basic means (such as cheating or abuse). Sorry, but you cannot cause the downfall of a company, leave the company, stop working for them, and still expect them to PAY you.

--------------------

hanzblinx
enthusiast

Reged: 08/13/10
Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: english7]
      #708418 - 11/22/10 09:35 AM

[quote]"Marriage will continue to decline until modern women return to family values and can offer something to a man besides forced alimony. "

You mean women should stay at home, take care of their husbands and children, give up a career to do so....and then when their marriage falls apart, they should be able to support themselves with no advanced education or employment history? That is what your "return to family values" means. Sorry to be rude, but you're warped. :/ [/quote]

Let me explain my definition of family values since it appears there is no longer a universal definition. My definition has nothing to do with staying home or raising kids. My definition is that you don't sleep around while you are married. pretty simple. Not sure how to make that any clearer.

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: hanzblinx]
      #708453 - 11/22/10 10:23 AM

You were very clear when you said " women need to return to traditional family values". Don't back peddle now. Women traditionally stayed home and reared children and did not work. It seemed pretty clear to me.

If you google "women returning to traditional family values" nothing comes up about cheating or faithfulness. You know what comes up Mr. Loud and Clear? Gender roles. Duh.

--------------------

hanzblinx
enthusiast

Reged: 08/13/10
      #708458 - 11/22/10 10:30 AM

I just googled it and this popped up at the top:

://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_values

"Promotion of "traditional marriage" and opposition to sex outside of conventional marriage, including pre-marital sex, adultery, polygamy, bestiality, and incest."

Like I said, my theory is that marriage is dying because women sleep around after marriage, and men are starting to realize they get screwed during and after marriage so why bother?

Edited by hanzblinx (11/22/10 10:31 AM)

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage [Re: hanzblinx]
      #708475 - 11/22/10 10:55 AM

I googled what you said "women return to family values" and these are the top 5 links:

[censored].colby.edu/academics_cs/courses/HI398/.../Women-s-Employment.pdf

[censored].mothersmovement.org/.../family_values/family_values.htm - Cached - Similar

[censored].timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/.../india.../article6788637.ece - Similar

[censored].springerlink.com/index/7276281R4165V071.pdf - Similar

[censored].isreview.org/issues/38/women_family.shtml - Cached - Similar

--------------------

spinnerdegrassi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/20/06
Re: Forget Thxgiving, celebrate the demise of marriage *DELETED* [Re: hanzblinx]
      #708582 - 11/22/10 01:21 PM

Post deleted by dsAdmin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5447

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: