Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
Re: OT--a vent [Re: Gecko]
      #184212 - 01/08/07 05:43 PM

DH keeps talking about wanting to at least trade the van in for something better..more dependable since it's the only thing big enough to fit all 7 of us in. That would mean another minivan at least. I just don't want another car payment...but I do want the new vehicle lol. Need to win the lottery or something. I guess we will see where we stand after court stuff is over and after all the major bills are paid off next month. If DH can get that job he is looking into then we may be able to do it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
Re: OT--a vent [Re: M5M5]
      #184213 - 01/08/07 05:47 PM

Don't feel bad...went to start the truck this morning and no-go. It's like it WANTS to start, but it can't. So I call BIL and he says it the fuel injectors and unfortunately...he only works on old cars...ones with carburators. So we through some STP in it and I'm taking it on the back roads every couple of hours to see if I can't get the injectors cleared out. I do NOT want to have to replace the damn things...looking at $50 per injector, 8 injectors...if I do the work. Otherwise...I'm looking at $500 bill.

Last month it was the alternator...$120 JUST for the alternator. Last spring...$1,600 for a [second] new transmisson.

BTW...it's Dad's truck and he never been good about maintanence, always waits until somethings breaks and then he fixes it.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

#184214 - 01/08/07 05:53 PM

I used to have a '84 Ford Exp...Ford's idea of "sports car". I used to say it was their "special" car because it had "special" wheels that took "special" tires and "special" this and "special" that. I paid $1,000...after I put another $2,000 in it I said the hell with it and bought Sara...'89 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX. I spent an extra $800 for the "extended warranty" and it was the best $800 I had ever invested.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

#184215 - 01/08/07 05:55 PM

That's how DH is..waits until it breaks and then fixes it lol. Granted, he doesn't have much time to fix things anyway..and he's not a mechanic...and I would totally mess everything up if I tried to fix anything.

My car..nothing seems to work anymore. The lighter wont work, the air conditioning won't work (never could get it to work), etc. etc. etc. We've had it for about 4 years now and we have not went 3 months without it breaking down. The van ran great for the first 2 years...nothing went wrong or anything...then it starts. It is breaking down more than the car now.

I really want to win the lottery lol. I wanna hummer. :P

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

#184216 - 01/08/07 05:58 PM

I love Fords. I was looking at a Ford hybrid in the paper the other day. Would love to have one..or something like it. DH wants a mustang...he used to have alot of sports cars growing up (he was spoiled) and would love to have some of the cars he had back in the day.

jil_stevens
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/31/06
      #184220 - 01/08/07 06:05 PM

We have a 1970 firebird in our garage that is in the midst or a major restoration. BF is definitely a car guy. Once he gets this one finished, I am sure he will find another one he needs to rebuild!!

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

#184223 - 01/08/07 06:11 PM

Outside of the Mustang and the older T-birds...don't like Fords at all. I'm going to end up with Dad's truck...'98 Chevy Silverado; ext cab, tow pakg, V-8 Vortex, auto/pwr everything. It's in sad shape...he's pretty much trashed the interior...don't know if I'll ever be able to get the carpet cleaned and it needs a new headliner. Needs a new windshield, the driver's side door doesn't open, the fan doesn't work, going to need brakes soon, sadly in need of a tune-up and oil change and I needs some body work. Several years ago, Dad put a dent in it, then I popped his out when I put one it it. Then ex-fiance I guess decided to "help" dad out and now it looks like someone used it for target practice. BIL says I can't just pull the fender off like older vehicles where they're bolted on. So I've got my work cut out with fiberglass and bondo this summer.

--------------------

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: OT--a vent [Re: jil_stevens]
      #184227 - 01/08/07 06:35 PM

That's what my BIL does for a living, though it didn't start out that way. He's always worked on cars...older cars...pre-1970's...had quite a collection that he sold on eBay a couple of years back. So anyhoo...he "retired" early and someone came to him with a junked-out '39 Ford that he turned into a work of art. He's got work for the next three years and more coming in.

He sold his construction about 10 years ago though still worked here and there and invested in a laundrymat. Then la

--------------------

Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/08/05
Loc: OH
      #184256 - 01/08/07 08:58 PM

We had a Comet, can't remember the year. It really should have been a FORD - fix or repair daily. It was ALWAYS something.

Decided to get rid of it and a guy at my Dad's work wanted it for his daughter. My father told him to back away - it would nickel, dime and dollar you to death. The guy said no, he wanted that car. Before he could even take it out of the driveway, he had to put in a water pump.

Several months later, he was getting rid of it too - he told my Dad, you were right, it nickels, dimes and dollars you to death. It is ALWAYS something.

katiefedup
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/26/05
Re: OT--a vent [Re: Buckeye]
      #184261 - 01/08/07 09:06 PM

I remember that saying about Fords/ I once had a Fiat: Fix it again Tony!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5428

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: