Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
motorboater
old hand

Reged: 03/14/08
Re: Father using self rx Autism to not pay support [Re: Miranda]
      #394430 - 04/26/08 04:21 PM

Not sure what the deal is, but she did say he pays "rent which is $450 with all utils included."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Duckie
recently joined

Reged: 04/26/08
Re: Father using self rx Autism to not pay support [Re: Miranda]
      #394443 - 04/26/08 05:44 PM

There was a period of 8 years before he was located because he's never had a drivers license nor an id card, no car, no assets.. nothing, he mooched from person to person, he set up some website while he was in a half way house. We were tipped off to the website which I won't disclose on here, but on the website he posted very in detail biography, blogs and stories about his life. It stated that he was living under a bridge, he posted his blood type, the meaning behind his nick name, favorite foods, video games etc. He also rambles on and on about how he was fired from about 20 different jobs because of his violence. He posted how he was prescribed anti-psychotics and how he refused to take them because he didn't like feeling in control.
He later submitted this as testimony for reasons he feels he can't pay support, the primary reason is his self diagnosis of Autism (I believe it's an explosive behavioral disorder) and the second is because his video game bill is too much and he can't possibly cut back.

Duckie
recently joined

Re: Father using self rx Autism to not pay support [Re: Relayer]
      #394445 - 04/26/08 05:47 PM

Relayer- Thanks, I am continuing.. just flabbergasted at the reasons and excuses. I'm glad to know that behind all the excuses there is some legality that says he has to pay.

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: Father using self rx Autism to not pay support [Re: Duckie]
      #394457 - 04/26/08 06:03 PM

[quote]Relayer- Thanks, I am continuing.. just flabbergasted at the reasons and excuses. I'm glad to know that behind all the excuses there is some legality that says he has to pay. [/quote]

Well, he has SOME kind of diagnosis since he has been prescribed drugs but it sure doesn't sound like Autism to me. Sounds more like bi-polar or something.

WTF does video games have to do with his paying support? That is not a legitimate expense that would be taken into account in any court I ever heard of. If he is homesless, where does he play video games anyway. The whole thing sounds crazy..

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

Duckie
recently joined

Re: Father using self rx Autism to not pay support [Re: Relayer]
      #394471 - 04/26/08 06:30 PM

The whole thing IS crazy.. He is no longer a transient. I see the confusion now, he was formerly transient. His latest dwelling I have no idea the condition only the amount of rent and a general location. I know how much he makes because it was disclosed, it was close to 2000 a mos give or take gross. On the Fl-150 form that asks for the expenses and income declarations he submitted he put those figures in for his "necessary expenses" in regards to the video games. Keep in mind this man is around 32 years old. He feels that is more important than my daughter getting assistance and is hell bent on retaliating. I agree on his mental issues there is something there, but they don't usually prescribe anti-psychotics for Autism. The information I have too is over a 10 year time span 8 of which he was like the invisible man. Trying to piece things from what I know.. which is not a whole lot if I take it a layout across just about 10 years.

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: Father using self rx Autism to not pay support [Re: Duckie]
      #394479 - 04/26/08 07:13 PM

LOL..sorry..dont mean to laugh but he has serious issues if he thinks a judge will allow his video game addiction to be a reason to pay no child support. If he is making $2K a month, his support will be based on that and he will have to figure out another way to play Doom 3.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
And neither does a court... [Re: Duckie]
      #394590 - 04/27/08 09:17 AM

So don't obsess over it. A court is going to want a DOCTOR'S diagnosis. And they're going to question how he suddenly came down with this. Don't stress.

--------------------
Char Fox

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

"Sounds more like bi-polar"... [Re: Relayer]
      #394591 - 04/27/08 09:20 AM

Probably is from the video game standpoint. I know quite a few bi-polars. Video games are a big hit with them. They need something to do, to occupy their mind, to keep them out of trouble.

--------------------
Char Fox

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

He "was" a transient... [Re: Miranda]
      #394592 - 04/27/08 09:23 AM

At least according to him. He now has an apt.

--------------------
Char Fox

momtoall
journeyman

Reged: 06/11/07
Re: He "was" a transient... [Re: almostheaven]
      #395269 - 04/28/08 01:39 PM

Ok I have to put my two cents in here! This just floors me! Before you read any further no I am not on his side!!! If by a chance in you know where he did get the video game thing through let me know and I'll use it to get support paid to us increased cause spouse has to have luxury's to live and see if it works both ways! LOL
Serious flaw in this guys circuits! I know in Iowa the child support form asks for your expense monthly but also says in the paper work they are not used in calculating the net income! They allow us taxes out of gross income, health insurance if kids are on policy, 25.00 unreimbursed medical monthly to both parents and a percent of daycare to custodial parent as well as union dues and that's it. IF you pay support on another child no matter what you pay you only get 135.00 credit per month towards it.

Sounds like this guy definately has a mental illness but as I have a daughter with Asperger's myself I would say he's in no way autistic! LOL....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2655

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: