Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
G8RDad
journeyman

Reged: 08/19/08
Follow up - I made the local Television news
      #597529 - 11/09/09 05:43 PM

I have posted within this forum before my personal struggle and efforts to have my child support reduced after I lost my job two years ago.

I feel the story was fair and made a decent case for Dads.

[url=[censored]://www.wftv.com/news/21564032/detail.html]Dad seeks child support reduction[/url]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: Follow up - I made the local Television news [Re: G8RDad]
      #597538 - 11/09/09 06:14 PM

Congrats! That was your ex, whining how life and expenses go on, or something like that?? Charming little minx, ain't she...

LAM70
recently joined

Reged: 08/31/09
Re: Follow up - I made the local Television news [Re: Sherron]
      #597692 - 11/10/09 07:05 AM

Awesome!!! I'm sooooo happy to see these stories hitting the airwaves. The system is so broken beyond repair...and hearing about situations such as this is exactly what it's going to take to get it fixed. G8RDad...I'm a commentor on Glenn Sacks blog and I'm going to foward him this link. He has a HUGE readership and the more we get people aware of what's going on...the better. Good luck to you!!

Happy Birthday Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
      #597697 - 11/10/09 07:16 AM

Interesting how the judge has a conntection to your ex wife. Did anything come of that?

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

G8RDad
journeyman

Re: Follow up - I made the local Television news [Re: Miranda]
      #597707 - 11/10/09 07:37 AM

Regarding the judge, in court she made the statement about her husband and tried to stop a line of questioning. That's how we learned of the relationship. I filed a complaint with the Florida Judicial Qualification Commission - it was rejected without hearing (even though I specifically identified three of the six canons of law she violated). We did file a Motion for Recusal and she disqualified herself.

However, her ruling and Income Diminishment Order still stand.

J

G8RDad
journeyman

Re: Follow up - I made the local Television news [Re: Sherron]
      #597711 - 11/10/09 07:40 AM

Yeah - you made me laugh (charming...).

My battle would be easier if she were a crack addict. However, many people have drank her 'kool-aid' and consider her to be Mother Teresa.

During my divorce I learned it is the Court of Public Opinion that can kill you. I chose not to fight in that forum and it hurt me. This time, on this modificaiton request, I am public. But, it is not a personal fight. Instead, I am fighting for every parent that has lost their job, can't pay their mortgage, files the correct motions, and is abused by the system.

G8RDad
journeyman

Re: Follow up - I made the local Television news [Re: LAM70]
      #597715 - 11/10/09 07:46 AM

Thanks. I am working on a book about the last six years and trying to document as much of this as possible. If you read any of my prior posts you will know I believe it is about kids first.

Sadly, my kids and I have been irreparably harmed. My ex-wife will say it was my choice to move - true. My mortgage on my second home is $450/month - I was broke. I short sold the house you saw in the TV clip, sold everything and left. I have a wife and a 2 year old son by second marriage. ALL of my kids are entitled to the fruits of my labor and all of them need to be cared for. Florida courts make no note or recognition of additional children.

So, my wages were garnished - giving her about $1500/month against the $2500/month IDO. I was left with $58/week to take care of all four kids.

That is the problem.

And, even going forward I struggle with other parts of the inequities of Family Court. I believe fathers do not get the same lifestyle as mothers. Let's say she and I both earn $6000/month net income. I would still have to transfer 1/3 of my income to her, regardless. And, I have begged and pleaded for equal, shared custody.

It is about money....

Cassie23
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/07/05
      #597717 - 11/10/09 07:48 AM

I watched the video...so are you still paying the $2200/month? It's just ridiculous! And your X- yes the kids still need BUT in an intact family the needs would be met and the wants would be shortened.

$2200 for how many children?

googledad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/31/05
      #597720 - 11/10/09 07:54 AM

Florida courts make no note or recognition of additional children.

>>>>>>>>> Not quite true .

(12)(a) A parent with a support obligation may have other children living with him or her who were born or adopted after the support obligation arose. If such subsequent children exist, the court, when considering an upward modification of an existing award, may disregard the income from secondary employment obtained in addition to the parent's primary employment if the court determines that the employment was obtained primarily to support the subsequent children.

(b) Except as provided in paragraph (a), the existence of such subsequent children should not as a general rule be considered by the court as a basis for disregarding the amount provided in the guidelines schedule. The parent with a support obligation for subsequent children may raise the existence of such subsequent children as a justification for deviation from the guidelines schedule. However, if the existence of such subsequent children is raised, the income of the other parent of the subsequent children shall be considered by the court in determining whether or not there is a basis for deviation from the guideline amount.

(c) The issue of subsequent children under paragraph (a) or paragraph (b) may only be raised in a proceeding for an upward modification of an existing award and may not be applied to justify a decrease in an existing award.

--------------------
Careful. We don't want to learn from this.

Happy Birthday Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
      #597807 - 11/10/09 10:27 AM

Have you called Bill O'Reilly or Hannity? They love to tear up FL judges.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3395

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: