Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: gr8Dad]
      #755730 - 07/15/11 02:59 AM

"No I get it because MOSTLY women complain about it here and in general."

And you make the leap from that to ALL women are insecure how, exactly ?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: ssmom79]
      #755731 - 07/15/11 03:03 AM

[quote]Meh, you don't know if anyone here is secure or insecure with themselves. You base it off one small thing...in your box that you don't have to step out of. Have fun in your box. [/quote]

I think you need a few updates there ssmom, I think he make many of his conclusions because he HAS a small thing....and he yells from atop that box to make himself feel like a big man.

finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: Debi]
      #755732 - 07/15/11 03:12 AM

[quote]"What you have on here is a lot of MOSTLY women who are REALLY insecure about their place in their chaildren's lives, and are scared that SOMEONE ELSE will get the "Mom" title. "

Not at all. My kids have an awesome SM. She and I are even friends, but the "mom/dad" title is something my x and I agreed from the moment of our dvorce would be reserved only for us. Does she introduce them as "our" kids when she runs into someone she and x know? Sure, and it doesn't bother me in the least BUT if she went to school or the Dr and introduced herslf as their mother I'd be livid.

My SO was showing his BIL our new house and one of the neighbors came over and introduced herself and asked if he had kids. He said "yes", not "my SO has kids" (Which was another story because at that time no one in his family knew about us being together so he had some explaining to do to his BIL. LOL) BUT the kids don't call him dad. even my 3yo calls him by his name. She only calls her father "dad" and that's the way it will stay.

So yeah, I have an issue when any over bearing woman comes on the board and starts spouting off about "our child" or "my child". (I can't recall a man doing it) We all know there are 2 sides to every story and the bio-parent who isn't on the board is not always as bad as the one posting wants us to think. [/quote]

I think you have some perfect examples there of when it's perfectly acceptable to most people to just keep the conversation simple with strangers or some acquaintances vs when someone is overstepping their bounds and overstating their relationship because of their own needs.

annatof4

Reged: 07/13/11
      #755741 - 07/15/11 07:06 AM

gr8Dad, it is soooo easy for you to criticize a STRANGER though isnt it? You dont know me or the original poster.

I have gone by the facts of the original poster's story. You go by assumptions!!!

Maybe I need to dumb it up for you. This step parent (not the bio parent) calls the step child (not her bio child) her son. Even though she may have the best intentions in the world for that child. She clearly, as the majority of the people here feel, has overstepped her boundaries.

I have seen several comments with gr8Dad's name all over them....mostly trying to prove that you have a point to a bunch of STRANGERS!

You sir, are insecure. You have to downgrade anyone with a different opinion that does not share yours.

You remind me of my ex so much it is scary. You throw temper tantrums "I dont have to", think that you are the best parent out there, "Gr8Dad", attack any criticism in your direction rather than looking in the mirror and have the attitude "its my way or no way".

So, the majority of the comments on this thread alone, all of the posters are wrong? Really? Are YOU that clueless? Maybe your thought process is the messed up one here? I highly doubt that a overly confident, pompous jerk like you would EVER see that!!!

Again, just as my ex. Cant see that he is the common denominator that 2 of his ex wives have left him for abuse and the 3rd actually pressed charges of battery. But, still cries "woe is me", such the victim.

Yes, gr8Dad, you are the victim....of yourself! Step down from your soapbox and examine your comments and yourself.

You sir, you dont "get it". "No I get it because MOSTLY women complain about it here and in general." So would it be fair for me to say that MOSTLY men complain about it here....as you do?!?! Uhh yeah didnt think so.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: finz]
      #755764 - 07/15/11 12:21 PM

I have done so when the "MY son/daughter" was stated in the CONTEXT of possession, and in the manner that the OTHER parent should have no say in matters. Completely different situation.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: annatof4]
      #755765 - 07/15/11 12:28 PM

"gr8Dad, it is soooo easy for you to criticize a STRANGER though isnt it? You dont know me or the original poster."

I did not criticize YOU, I commented on your STATEMENT.

"This step parent (not the bio parent) calls the step child (not her bio child) her son."

No, she REFERRED to the child as her son HERE. We do not know what she does in real life.

"Even though she may have the best intentions in the world for that child. She clearly, as the majority of the people here feel, has overstepped her boundaries."

Oh, well the MAJORITY is ALWAYS right, huh? Like slavery, the holacaust, etc.

"I have seen several comments with gr8Dad's name all over them....mostly trying to prove that you have a point to a bunch of STRANGERS!"

Well, just because YOU are new, does not mean the REST of us are. Many of us have been here for quite a while.

"So would it be fair for me to say that MOSTLY men complain about it here....as you do?!?!"

No, because the FACT is that a majority of the MEN on here don't CARE what they are called. There are one of two that have expressed concern, but the MAJORITY don't care.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: finz]
      #755766 - 07/15/11 12:29 PM

"And you make the leap from that to ALL women are insecure how, exactly ?"

I NEVER said ALL women were insecure.

--------------------

LexieBelle
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/10
      #755768 - 07/15/11 12:48 PM

Umm, no offense but, yeah you did:

"You ARE all insecure"

I get why you did... heat of the moment and all, but it is what you said, even though I'm sure that's NOT what you meant... but you know how it is round here ;)

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: 50/50 split legal custody mayhem [Re: LexieBelle]
      #755769 - 07/15/11 01:04 PM

Come on now, common sense. "You are ALL..." is referencing the people on this board that I called insecure, not ALL women. If I am with a group on this board that is advocating something, and someone says we are "all" something, that means the group advocating whatever we are advocating, not the ENTIRE gender.

It is stretching in order to stir the pot and make me look bad. Just like finz with the small penis comment. They KNOW they have nothing to argue about, so they turn to personal insults and LIES.

--------------------

LexieBelle
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/10
      #755771 - 07/15/11 01:09 PM

lol., yes, well.. we've ALL been guilty of that interpratory lack of common sense, even you sometimes ;)

I do agree though, with what you're saying.. but that isn't going to change the nature of these boards.. the twisting of things to fit losing arguments ;) It's like the whole moving/choice discussion. let's stretch the word 'choice' to the farthest realms of something not even vaguely resembling realism than call you an ass cuz you don't get that it's a "choice". Ohhhh, okayyyyy.. and the one I particularly love? Is the never divorced, not planning TO be divorced with children, and not a stepparent fanning the flames at all hours of the day and night... Idiocy at its finest ;)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9445

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: