Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
Eve

Reged: 11/28/05
Re: Typical overnights for under 2-year-old [Re: M5M5]
      #774194 - 01/13/12 05:59 PM

Wow! Aren't we "politically correct"! I didn't have to suck it up, Sweetie....my ex didn't demand 50/50 when our kids were small. Again, educate yourself.......Night!

Edited by Eve (01/13/12 06:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: Typical overnights for under 2-year-old [Re: Eve]
      #774197 - 01/13/12 06:28 PM

Well, there are only three outcomes in such a study. Positive effect, negative effect, no effect. Any finding greater than 33% for one of the possible outcomes shows a correlation. Therefore, the is a correlation between frequency of contact with dad and a child's wellbeing. This YOUR statnot mine.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
      #774201 - 01/13/12 07:34 PM

Aren't you fortunate (NOT...I'd much rather my child have an equally involved father than not). Hmmm..how old were your kids when you divorced?

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: Typical overnights for under 2-year-old [Re: M5M5]
      #774203 - 01/13/12 09:57 PM

"There is no sense in posting any longer with people that cannot grasp what I am saying..."

We grasp fine. We disagree. There is a difference.

The fact that you have several people, who typically disagree with each other, all on the same side disagreeing with you, well, that alone should make you wonder. I know, I know... if we only educated ourselves, we would see the light. Guess what, some of the folks you're so easily dismissing because they didn't read the same stats on the internet that you read... it's not because they don't care to "educate" themselves, but because they don't need to. They've lived it. They know first hand that some of your statements are just plain wrong.

DedicatedDad
veteran

Reged: 09/05/04
Re: Typical overnights for under 2-year-old [Re: Sherron]
      #774205 - 01/13/12 11:07 PM

"The fact that you have several people, who typically disagree with each other, all on the same side disagreeing with you, well, that alone should make you wonder."

An extremely astute observation that speaks volumes.

Eve

Reged: 11/28/05
Re: Typical overnights for under 2-year-old [Re: DedicatedDad]
      #774288 - 01/14/12 05:38 PM

............Ahhhhhh,......No,....It just means several people who usually disagree with each other know nothing about the chemistry of bonding harmones the female releases giving birth, while breastfeeding, and early motherhood. THAT is the "extremely astute observation" that one could make,......... if one was to make an "extremely astute observation." LOL

Listen, I don't know what you are disagreeing about. What is there to disagree with? The things I have mentioned are scientific fact. I will not comment anymore on this thread. Evidently, there are people here that cannnot comprehend the written word, like to stick their heads in the sand, and don't like to educate themselves, either.

And,.....actually,......many of the comments seem to come from angry people.....Well,.....That's what can happen when nature is messed with.
Good luck, everyone.

Edited by Eve (01/14/12 05:46 PM)

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
      #774299 - 01/14/12 09:51 PM

Well, biologically, humans are pack animals, so how many girlfriends does you man have? For that matter, you studies indicate what is best for children AND women. But on a custody situation, it is the best interest of the CHILD only.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
      #774400 - 01/15/12 06:20 PM

No one disputes that a mothers bond with her child is crucial at a young age.

What is being disputed is your framing the chemistry in a manner that
a) encourages women to use that chemistry to deny a father an important if not equal place in their child's life, and
b) your seeming dismissal that a father can be physically ill over being marginalized in their new child's life.

You call people here angry? Perhaps the cause is you? After all, you've posted with an attitude of 'my belief is the ONLY RIGHT belief and you're all WRONG'. That narrow-minded approach always tends to rub people the wrong way, no matter what the subject.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
      #774544 - 01/16/12 03:14 PM

I'm not angry. Just stating the facts as they occurred. That goes against your unofficial survey. Just pointing it out. Have a nice life.

finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
      #774600 - 01/16/12 11:27 PM

[quote] I taught elementary school for many years, and it was not at all uncommon for the female teachers that were new moms or even teachers that had toddlers to feel sick at work from missing their kids. These moms would tell me they would cry on Sunday nights, knowing they had to bring their baby or toddler to day care on Monday, or leave them home with a sitter. I asked one young mom why she didn't have pics of her two toddlers on her desk, and she said she couldn't because it made her sick to see their photos when she wanted to be home with them. ............ I know the maternal instinct may be stronger in some women than in others [/quote]

That's NOT the maternal instinct.

The maternal instinct, after the newborn stage, involves missing your kids, but understanding that you have a responsibility to work to house/feed the kids and an understanding that to grow into healthy adults they need socialization with others, to attend school, etc.

What you described with those moms wasn't maternal instincts, it sounds more like seperation anxiety, which is a MENTAL ILLNESS, not healthy adaptive behavior.

I think you are the one who needs to do more research.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17633

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: