Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
crumb
recently joined

Reged: 02/27/12
Re: changing custody [Re: javajunkiee]
      #778629 - 02/28/12 04:17 PM

[quote]
Clarify:
- Who gets which Holiday and that the holiday takes precedence over normal visitation.
- Who has final decision-making power over medical decisions, such as medication and other treatment.
- How much lead time is required before a change in schedule is needed, how the request is made, and how make up time is decided on.
[/quote]
1.The holidays are done on a yearly basis. This year is my turn to have her for all the holidays. The decree currently states I get my daughter at 6pm the day she gets out of school for the Easter vacation. So that would be Friday and would go through the following week to Sunday. Earlier I think I had my facts mixed up. They go on their trip the week before and we are counting it as their one weekend a month.
Since now it is 'their' weekend again for the new month they want her on friday and saturday to have a birthday party but that will be the time when I have her as part of the CO. She says she will bring her by on sunday morning.

2. The document says we have joint legal and joint physical.

3. It doesn't talk about lead time or how a request is made or make up time. It does say no time will be made up for holidays.

I don't know if the document he had me sign has been approved by a judge or not. He gave me the document and since it was basically what we were doing anyway I signed it. It was written by his lawyer. The only real thing it changed was his child support. Looking at the document now it only has a stamp on it saying 'Filed'. There is no signature by a judge. What does this mean?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
Re: changing custody [Re: crumb]
      #778633 - 02/28/12 04:51 PM

If it says you get her from the time school lets out and all the way thru Easter...then take the time. Don't give in to their demands. They can't "force" you to agree, and if they try to take her or won't return her when she's supposed to return, call the cops. Make a police report and you MAY have to file contempt for interfering with a court order. You've got to stop letting them walk all over you.

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
Re: changing custody [Re: M5M5]
      #778648 - 02/28/12 09:09 PM

I agree with M5. Tell your x (not his wife) that the child is to be returned per the CO and if she is not you will make a report with the police. If he starts with the "Father's advocate attorney" counter with the fact that no matter WHO his attorney is it's not going to look good for him if you have to call the police and file contempt charges.

It's your choice. You can grow a set or let him walk all over you. it is not unusual that there is no make up time for holidays. It's pretty standard that they supersede regular parenting time.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

crumb
recently joined

Re: changing custody [Re: javajunkiee]
      #778657 - 02/28/12 10:56 PM

[quote]
So is this an agreement that has actually been approved by a judge and is a part of your case file with the court?
[/quote]
I don't think it is a judge approved thing. My copy only has a stamp that says 'Filed District Court'. No signature from the judge.
Is there a difference? What does it mean for me if it is just part of my case file and not approved by a judge?

Renny
addict

Reged: 09/24/11
      #778688 - 02/29/12 10:44 AM

[quote][quote]
So is this an agreement that has actually been approved by a judge and is a part of your case file with the court?
[/quote]
I don't think it is a judge approved thing. My copy only has a stamp that says 'Filed District Court'. No signature from the judge.
Is there a difference? What does it mean for me if it is just part of my case file and not approved by a judge? [/quote]

How is the document entitled? Does it say FINAL ORDER or something similar? Is there a judge's signature somewhere?

crumb
recently joined

Re: changing custody [Re: Renny]
      #778698 - 02/29/12 11:41 AM

It does not say Final Order and there is no judge's signature.

Renny
addict

#778699 - 02/29/12 11:46 AM

[quote]It does not say Final Order and there is no judge's signature. [/quote]

Then it's not an order. Just to be sure, what Did you sign? What was that document entitled?

crumb
recently joined

Re: changing custody [Re: Renny]
      #778703 - 02/29/12 12:08 PM

here is a copy of the document without names. if you want more details i can give you more of the document.

docs.google.com/open?id=0B6uEKwYgc0l1SWp0QzRCaHpTc0N4UWx1d0lVWWxVQQ

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
      #778713 - 02/29/12 01:03 PM

Remove the link ASAP we have a bunch of crazies on this site.

Secondly, what you did was modifiy an existing order out of court. It is valid and it is an order. It is a stipulated and agreed order, just like it says on top of the form.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

Renny
addict

#778714 - 02/29/12 01:11 PM

Sorry, I can't open the document. Links usually don't work here. Can you just cut and paste the caption without names or other identifying information? Or just the title of the documents -- the one you signed and the one that is date-stamped.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4103

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: