Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Reged: 06/17/07
Posts: 2191
Re: 50/50 parenting nightmare [Re: momof489]
      #781365 - 04/02/12 06:34 AM

How is your child support collected? If it is through the state, check with the agency that collects child support, they may collect unreimbursed medical expenses, as well. This way, you submit the bills to them and they go after him for payment.

If it isn't collected through them, I would look into how to get it set up with them. This way, he doesn't get to play these games.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Posts: 20822
Loc: North of Mexico
Re: 50/50 parenting nightmare [Re: Goodmom]
      #781407 - 04/02/12 03:56 PM

I would never advise anyone to collect thru the state, especially when the other parent is following the court order as it is. BIlls are reimbursed in 7 days per the court order...get the state involved and it is going to take 30-60 days at least.

13.1...because I am only half crazy!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Posts: 31777
Re: 50/50 parenting nightmare [Re: Miranda]
      #781418 - 04/02/12 06:59 PM

That is kinda my feelings on this. He pays his child support on time, he pays the bills within a week. She CHOOSES to engage him during the week, and he "verbally abuses" her (not sure if its "abuse" if you CHOOSE to do it, but I digress).

As a person who hasn't seen child support in YEARS and doesn't even BOTHER to submit medical bills, sounds petty to me.

Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
Posts: 7157
Re: 50/50 parenting nightmare [Re: Goodmom]
      #781532 - 04/03/12 08:27 PM

What unreimbursed medical bills? She said he pays them. She just doesn't like it that he pays on the SEVENTH day (as per the CO) and that there are things he questions and in her words "abuses" her over. The state has better things to do than go after parents who are paying their bills.

Also as Miranda said it will take a lot longer than 7 days to get the money if the state is involved. They are not going to go after a person who hasn't paid in week. They are working on people who haven't paid in months and years.

When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 07/25/06
Posts: 1265
Loc: Oregon
Re: 50/50 parenting nightmare [Re: momof489]
      #781550 - 04/04/12 08:50 AM

Your ex-husband is ACTING LIKE A TYPICAL WOMAN. Why do you have a problem with that ? Please explain to all of us what it is about his behavior that bothers you ? This is an exact mirror of almost every divorced woman out there...

"Anything free is worth what you pay for it..."
"Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 11/28/05
Posts: 112
Re: 50/50 parenting nightmare [Re: Debi]
      #784561 - 05/10/12 11:42 PM

i would try to think of some way he would have to pay his share without you having to be involved in his payment. Figure out how much money needs to be in the kids lunch account at school each month. Let's say for little Jimmy, it's $30 a month. Put your $15 in on the first of each month, LET EX KNOW YOU HAVE ALREADY PUT IN YOUR $15, and he needs to put his $15 in the account. If Dad doesn't put his $15 in, let little Jimmy tell his father he needs more in the account, just like he would if you were not divorced.

Basically, find ways to head him off at the pass, so to speak. Find ways to be pro-active, instead of re-active. Guys like this need you to be smarter than they are, so they cannot have any excuses

And you CAN call the court family division and talk to the mediator. Usually you can find their names and numbers right on line in the Family Division section. They are usually very willing to talk to you about the situation. (That's their job.) And can tell you what steps you can take to stop the nonsense he is putting you through. And, if need be, you CAN represent yourself in family court and state your case. This needless stress he is putting you through, is Bull...., and if it affects you, it affects your children. The court has seen guys like this before and they know how to handle them.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Topic views: 6845

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: