Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Nicole
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 01/25/05
Re: Summer school/baseball tourney [Re: gr8Dad]
      #783702 - 04/24/12 01:29 PM

I hate having to come on here and defend myself or DH. No one here knows me in person so no one on here knows how we live our lives, how BM lives hers, how we treat BM, how BM treats us. You have to believe what I say, or to some ppl not believe what I say. It's hard because I know how we feel about skids, the move, BM, and as much as I try to express it, it doesn't really matter.

Even though I have said it so many times, we get that the move was quick, we get that BM might have been thrown for a loop on it. We get that now a lot of the responsibility is on her. But what everyone here doesn't get, is that we KNOW BM. We know that this is what she wants. She told me so. When I talked to her when DH got this job offered she told me that she was going to fight for full custody because skids told her they didn't like coming to our house every other week anymore.

I know some will not believe that, oh but you still left...... If you knew BM, you would know that DH being out of skids lives would be perfectly fine with her. It is just how it is. She see's her house and herself as the parent/skids "home" and DH and our house and just someone/place they visit. That is why when we talk to skids about going to moms or going to dads we always reference both houses as their homes. But even her mom has started on facebook posting on their walls while they are here about missing them so much, can't wait till they get back home, etc. She didn't start until the first weekend that they came down here.

I could never post anything that would prove to anyone/everyone how BM truely is. I probably don't portray it that well on here because I get passionate while I am typing and forgot half of the stuff I want to say. All I know and can say is that we LIVE it. We hear skids comments about what BM told them regarding us or our house or them being at her house. We know how she talks to both of us regarding anything and everything. I am not here to prove myself or DH. He is a father who loves his kids 100% and would do anything for them. He is a man who fought for 3 years just to see them. He is a man for 7 years turned down any offer of promotion to be able to stay with them. Is he perfect? No, because no one is. But for anyone to question is commitment or love to his children gets this individual fired up because I see it.
DH has been keeping a journal/documentation since we moved. And he does the obvious and journals about the events of what happens but while writing he gets emotional. He writes for pages and pages about how he is feeling about all of it. It's a hard thing to read because you know as men they are taught to keep those feelings in, they are stronger. But when you read it, you see a man breaking down.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SRS
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/05/10
Re: Summer school/baseball tourney [Re: elliesmom]
      #783821 - 04/27/12 09:31 AM

You need to stop, Nicole. You sound young and I get that you are in love with your husband. That is wonderful.

Take EM and Debi's advice regarding your sitch. It is really good and I say that from a BM perspective.

Edited by SRS (04/27/12 09:33 AM)

Runswithscissors
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/29/04
Re: Summer school/baseball tourney [Re: Nicole]
      #783914 - 04/28/12 07:59 AM

Nicole, maybe not. Son plays AAU and I just found out this am where we are playing in 2 hours.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2512

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: