Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> General Divorce Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
38?... [Re: katyy1971]
      #608861 - 12/08/09 11:04 AM

I'm 44 years young. You're never TOO old. That's all a state of mind. My grandma passed away and at 88, grandpa started dating again. But at his age, he figured he didn't have a lot of time to wait around for it. At 38, you have plenty of time, don't rush dating. And remember that what you "hear" ain't always what it's cracked up to be. With the divorce rate out there, there's just as many single middle aged men as there are women.

--------------------
Char Fox

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dixiebull
recently joined

Reged: 12/09/09
Loc: South Ms
Re: Anyone else scaried of starting over when your 38+ [Re: toserve]
      #609540 - 12/09/09 09:02 PM

I am 39 in Jan. and I have been seperated from my soon to be ex-wife since March. It is my experience that you are as young as you feel. When the break up came. I (AS MOST) crashed from loss of appitite. I lost a good bit of weight.
AND even though I am now pushing 39, I feel 21-30 Most of the time. But, most the important thing that you need to do, IS love who you are. Don't jump into it and then you should be ready to start over. But the clubbing thing is not for most. Take it easy.

Roxy1
recently joined

Reged: 12/20/09
Re: Anyone else scaried of starting over when your 38+ [Re: dixiebull]
      #613359 - 12/20/09 11:55 AM

I am recently seperated and am 50 years old. I just feel like I'm numb. I don't want to be alone, but had to get out of a very abusive marriage...so I chose the lesser of two evils. Everyone says to take my time, to find myself, that if it's meant to be, someone will find me...I just don't know how to do this...How do I find myself? I work full-time, but have become a recluse on the weekends. I just can't make myself get out and pretend to enjoy myself when I'm hurting inside. I'm getting pretty depressed, I'm losing weight, I feel very alone...I just can't picture myself dating again. I can't even imagine being with someone else. I've been with my husband since I was 17 years old. But the one thing I am holding on to is that I had to love myself enough to get out of an abusive, toxic relationship that was destroying me. I guess I chose the lesser of two evils. I hope that I can get back into life again someday. I feel really hopeless right now. I admire all of you out there who seem to have the courage that I can't find right now. I always thought that the worst thing that could ever happen to me would be to grow old alone, and now I'm facing that exact scenario. I've only been separated for two months, but it seems like a lot longer. My days are all the same. I go to work, I come home, I close myself up in my house and avoid the world. I know I'm only hurting myself, but I just can't make myself do anything...I can't accept invitations from my friends, I can't go to family functions, I just sit here and continue to be sad. Maybe someone could offer some suggestions on how to get my life back again. My husband was my life, and now he's gone. I wonder if I'll ever have a good life again. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just want to be happy someday. The sooner the better. Sometimes I feel like life isn't even worth living anymore. I am glad to have found this site. Thank you for listening. I admire each and every one of you. You all seem to have it together...I wish I could find that strength in myself. I just feel dead inside. How long does it take for that feeling to go away? The holidays are really bringing me down...I lost my mom 3 years ago, and my dad just last year, and miss them so much...I am so alone even though I have very good friends who try to encourage me. But they have families, husbands, and even the ones who are going through divorces themselves seem to be in a better place than I am. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going nowhere. I don't want to spend the rest of my life like this. Can anyone help me?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9077

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: