Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
jil_stevens
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/31/06
Re: Do not read.... [Re: PrincessJ]
      #415367 - 06/18/08 03:45 PM

My ex couldn't understand why I wouldn't be bi because he found it so hot for two women to be together. Okay...YOU find it hot and therefore I should be bi? What sense does that make?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: Do not read.... [Re: Sherron]
      #415369 - 06/18/08 03:48 PM

"It's really tough when someone takes a close minded approach to any discussion."
So, because I am convinced in my views and do not accept yours, I am close minded. You are equally convinced of your views and do not accept mine...does this not make you close minded as well?

"I bet he doesn't like Tila Tequila...LOL."
I have never met her, so I can't judge whether or not I like her. Based on the persona she portrays on the show, I wouldn't go out for coffee with her, no. Not because of her sexual orientation, but because...well, have ya seen the show?

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/25/07
Loc: 39.10 degrees North 94.58 degr...
Re: 1966gal [Re: KiwiGirl]
      #415370 - 06/18/08 03:49 PM

Is he shooting up gay bars?

---->Not yet!

Is he openly bigotted to others who don't agree with him?

--->Yeah, but the atmosphere in my office is "loose". Not a big deal.

That makes 90% not. So if gay is THE way then what about the 90% who aren't? What are we? Wrong?

---->Does anyone have to be wrong or right? I just don't think abnormal is the right term for it. Unusual? yes. Abnormal? I hate to think of homosex uality as a human abnormality. KWIM? If my kids are gay, I don't think of them as having some abnormality.

--------------------
I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.
--Jack Handey

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Do not read.... [Re: jil_stevens]
      #415372 - 06/18/08 03:50 PM

[quote]My ex couldn't understand why I wouldn't be bi because he found it so hot for two women to be together. Okay...YOU find it hot and therefore I should be bi? What sense does that make? [/quote]

Oh, come on, Jil. Don't be a party pooper. Chicks are hot and you know it. You are bi.

LOL!

--------------------
--Jack Handey

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: 1966gal [Re: PrincessJ]
      #415373 - 06/18/08 03:52 PM

"I just don't think abnormal is the right term for it."

Abnormal mean "different from the norm". If 90% of people are straight, that makes the other 10% abnormal, statistically speaking. Again, purely in statistical and socialogical terms, these 10% are deviant. Now, I understand the negative connotation with the word "deviant", and will not use it in everyday language. Sociologically and statistically speaking, I am deviant, since single moms are a minority group.

1966Gal
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 04/04/08
      #415374 - 06/18/08 03:52 PM

Just because you consider one choice better than another, doesn't mean it's right. You have your opinion, I have mine. I am against it. Why is it that I am considered judgmental for being against gay marriage or the gay life style in general, but you're NOT judgmental for telling me how wrong MY views are? So, we're both judgmental...but it's okay for you to be that way, and not for me? And yet *I* am the one who gets lectures about being narrowminded and not accepting of people's freedoms? Interesting how that works
++++++++

Hope you aren't talking to me because I never said you were wrong to feel the way you feel. Everyone is entitled to feel the way they want to.

Personally, homosexuality grosses me out. But just because I don't "like" it, doesn't mean I have a right to force others live in a way that feels "right" to me.

I also don't like really religious people. They freak me out. So can I pass a law forbidding people to be overly religious, because I don't like it???

I also don't like morbidly obese people. I feel like they should put the fork down and walk away from the table. So, since I don't like it, can I pass a law giving them fewer rights than the less obese?

I also don't like stupid people. So can I pass a law limiting the rights of people under a certain IQ?

I also don't like people who don't like animals. Can I pass a law forbidding them from receiving the same benefits as animal lovers?

and so on... :)

--------------------
The Gov cannot give anything to anyone - that they have not first taken away from someone else.

1966Gal
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 04/04/08
Re: 1966gal [Re: Sherron]
      #415377 - 06/18/08 03:54 PM

Abnormal mean "different from the norm". If 90% of people are straight, that makes the other 10% abnormal, statistically speaking. Again, purely in statistical and socialogical terms, these 10% are deviant. Now, I understand the negative connotation with the word "deviant", and will not use it in everyday language. Sociologically and statistically speaking, I am deviant, since single moms are a minority group.
++++++

Couples unable to have kids naturally due to fertility issues are also in the minority. So should they be forbidden to marry since they can't have children naturally?

--------------------
The Gov cannot give anything to anyone - that they have not first taken away from someone else.

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Do not read.... [Re: 1966Gal]
      #415378 - 06/18/08 03:54 PM

"Hope you aren't talking to me because I never said you were wrong to feel the way you feel. "

Yes and no; I used your statement as a springboard, but didn't necessarily reply to you specifically.

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

#415384 - 06/18/08 03:57 PM

"Couples unable to have kids naturally due to fertility issues are also in the minority. So should they be forbidden to marry since they can't have children naturally? "

I did not say this. My point was that, statistically and sociologically speaking, and minority group is "abnormal" and "deviant". So yes, if couples unable to conceive are a minority group, they are "abnormal" and "deviant". My faith tells me that marriage is to be between a man and a woman. If the couple you speak of meet those criteria, their marriage does not conflict with my faith.

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

#415388 - 06/18/08 03:59 PM

It is one thing to be opposed to gay marriage for whatever reasons you might have. Its a whole other thing to be repulsed by gay men and express it venehmently and hatefully, IMO. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I just can't figure out how gay marriage hurts anyone. Abnormal, normal, whatever. Who is it hurting?

--------------------
--Jack Handey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4648

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: