Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/25/07
Loc: 39.10 degrees North 94.58 degr...
Is it just me or is everyone dreading...
      #417471 - 06/23/08 06:58 AM

Monday.

I should be in the shower right now but I just don't want to go to work. Period. I want my weekend back.

--------------------
I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.
--Jack Handey

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 09/03/05
Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: PrincessJ]
      #417474 - 06/23/08 07:31 AM

I didn't sleep well last night and I have a headache from crying so much. Plus, I have to see now-ex-Boyfriend today because he's going to bring me some things that I had at his house and my key while he's downtown today. And I'm NOT looking forward to that, but I want my stuff so I can just move on. I don't want to have to deal with this in a week or two weeks or whatever. I just want to be able to walk away now.

But, my eyes are all swollen and I look like crap and I feel like I've been hit by a truck...so, yeah, I'd like a three-day weekend, please.

hippie1981
veteran

Reged: 09/27/05
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: youngatheart]
      #417481 - 06/23/08 08:10 AM

I'm on vacation but I'm dreading Wednesday when I'll have to go back. Thankfully 4th of July is a Friday so it's only a short time until a 3-day weekend. Even though I'm on vacation and my kid spent the night at a friends house, for some reason I woke up before 7am. I had gone to bed shortly after 1am. Usually 6 hours of sleep would be no where near sufficient, but i'm actually feeling ok. I'm going to help my daycare providor take the kids she watches to the zoo today.

ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
      #417483 - 06/23/08 08:18 AM

I feel thoroughly ripped off. My weekend is over. I blinked and it passed me by.

This starts kid-week though so at least it'll pass by really fast to the next weekend.

MaritimeGuy
addict

Reged: 04/15/08
      #417485 - 06/23/08 08:21 AM

I don't know about everyone else but I try to cram as much into the weekend as I can so as not to 'waste' it. Then come Monday I'm beat and need a day off.

RJ1
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/19/05
Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: MaritimeGuy]
      #417496 - 06/23/08 08:45 AM

That is me to a "T". The later it gets on a Sunday evening, the more I seem to do. I'm beat. But I managed two naps and laying out in the pool both days...plus a cleaning frenzy Sunday morning...

RJ

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417497 - 06/23/08 08:46 AM

Oh, sweetie...I am so sorry.

I know that feeling. The I-Cried-All-Night headache & swelling.

Put a frozen bag of peas on your eyes. That helps me.

(FYI-what's funny? I've been accused of being completely emotionless by BF, exhubby & family members, BUT, once in a great while, I have a REALLY healthy cry.)

Is there any way you can take the day off? Or at least half a day?

--------------------
--Jack Handey

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: hippie1981]
      #417500 - 06/23/08 08:47 AM

I'm going to help my daycare providor take the kids she watches to the zoo today.

---->I'm jealous! You'll have so much fun! My kids have nearly ougrown their interest in the zoo. I still love it!

--------------------
--Jack Handey

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417502 - 06/23/08 08:55 AM

Nah...I'd rather be at work. I'm the odd-duck who really does love Mondays because I love working. I tend to be the "throw myself into my work" type of person. So, I'm seeing a lot of overtime in my life this week. God knows there's enough to do around here to make the overtime worthwhile. And the $$$ will be nice.

I'm actually thinking about going this week to join the gym too. It's on my way home from work, so I could work until 6:30 or so, then go to the gym on the way home from work, then go home and cook dinner, eat, watch a television show or do laundry, and then it's time to go to bed, and I don't have to think much about missing that time with him.

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: ssmom79]
      #417503 - 06/23/08 08:57 AM

Yeah, my weekend flew by, as well. No kids Friday night so I did my grocery shopping and gentleman friend was able to scoot out of work early. We had an AWESOME evening.

Saturday morning at the arse crack of dawn, three of my girlfriends called me to get my butt out of bed & meet them at the local farmers market. (They all have toddlers so they get up early...LOL)

BTW, a public service announcement for all: The fruits & veggies are no cheaper at the farmers market than they are at the grocery store. I was really wanting to get my fruits & veggies cheaper. No dice. I almost bought some fresh elk out of some farmers truck...but then I thought about it. Fresh ELK out of some dudes truck? Uh....no. Just no.

Me and the girls and 4 adorable toddlers went out for lunch from there and I had a lovely salad as little ones tossed pizza across the table to each other. Just adorable!

Saturday evening, I had the boys and we had a great time. Got vanilla ice cream for our fresh blueberries & raspberries from the farmer's market. Then we had blueberry pancakes & sausage then next morning. They went back with dad at noon and gentleman friend & I spent the rest of the day and evening together.

Every once in a while, we go out in the driveway, listen to music dujour (last night was the Stones, Billy Joel & old REM) and dance in the driveway. Yes, a little cheesy but definitely romantic. It's been too rainy recently to dance in the driveway and he's been working nights, so it had been a while. Last night was a "Dance in the driveway" night.

Yea, I'm a cheap date.

So, needless to say, the weekend was really great. Relaxing & fufilling.

--------------------
--Jack Handey

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417505 - 06/23/08 08:59 AM

[quote]I don't know about everyone else but I try to cram as much into the weekend as I can so as not to 'waste' it. Then come Monday I'm beat and need a day off. [/quote]

So, you need a weekend to recover from your weekend, huh?

--------------------
--Jack Handey

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: RJ1]
      #417506 - 06/23/08 09:00 AM

[quote]That is me to a "T". The later it gets on a Sunday evening, the more I seem to do. I'm beat. But I managed two naps and laying out in the pool both days...plus a cleaning frenzy Sunday morning...

RJ [/quote]

I wish I had a pool close by....<heavy sigh>

My sister has a pool and my other sister is house hunting for a home with a pool. Neither lives close to me, though. I do have the PERFECT yard for a pool. Completely flat.

Alas, I don't have the 50K to put one in.

--------------------
--Jack Handey

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417507 - 06/23/08 09:01 AM

I think joining the gym is a GREAT idea for you, right now. Channel that energy.

--------------------
--Jack Handey

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417515 - 06/23/08 09:16 AM

That's what I'm thinking. Though, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it once the kids come home from their Dad's house. Our school year schedule (especially with me at this new job) is sooo hectic. Monday is Scouts, Tues and Thurs is soccer, Saturday is soccer (and traveling this year). I guess I could go on Wednesdays and Fridays after work and Sat and/or Sundays. But I'd feel like I'm cheating the kdis out of time, ya know? I could go in the mronigns before work, and just get ready there, but in that case, I'd be leaving at 6:45 am, and again, I'd be cheating the kids out of mommy time.

So, I'll play that part by ear.

RJ1
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/19/05
      #417543 - 06/23/08 09:54 AM

My pool is just a Walmart variety...15'x 4'...but I love it!!! For $300 and some chemicals you could have one too...it requires level land...I'll be an old lady with one of these!!!!!!!

RJ

MaritimeGuy
addict

Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: RJ1]
      #417551 - 06/23/08 10:04 AM

My pool is about a half mile long and about 100 yards wide. I sometimes have to share it with fishermen but the kids and I can walk or ride our bikes there on a sunny afternoon.

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417579 - 06/23/08 10:49 AM

<green with envy>

--------------------
--Jack Handey

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
      #417582 - 06/23/08 10:55 AM

[quote]
BTW, a public service announcement for all: The fruits & veggies are no cheaper at the farmers market than they are at the grocery store. I was really wanting to get my fruits & veggies cheaper. No dice. [/quote]

Around me, the farmers market has always been as (or more) expensive than the grocery store. I use them because of the freshness, in particular corn on the cob. I will pay more at a farmers market simply because of taste. It's not like I live in an area where many farms are left. They have basically all sold out for housing development now.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Is it just me or is everyone dreading... [Re: Relayer]
      #417587 - 06/23/08 11:03 AM

I was curious about the farmer's market after I saw a segment on the news about it. They said that produce was cheaper at the farmer's market. I'm thinking all the farmers saw the same segment & decided to raise their prices. LOL!

Have you ever had Elk? I may go back this coming weekend and get some, just to satisfy my curiousity.

--------------------
--Jack Handey

Tweeby
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/05/04
      #417598 - 06/23/08 11:19 AM

[quote]BTW, a public service announcement for all: The fruits & veggies are no cheaper at the farmers market than they are at the grocery store. I was really wanting to get my fruits & veggies cheaper. No dice. I almost bought some fresh elk out of some farmers truck...but then I thought about it. Fresh ELK out of some dudes truck? Uh....no. Just no. [/quote]

It really depends on the Farmers market on the prices. I used to go to one and it was really cheap. Loved to make fruit salads in the summer and I would buy from there a lot. I moved and recently went back to that market and well the prices were higher than the regular grocery stores.

I live in a rural area and there ae road side stands. I get a lot of good deals there. Plus every spring and summer there is a teen at an intersection near us, sells the best corn and other veggies around. I noticed at times that if the grocery stores put produce on sale it is cheaper but i would still go to the teen since he is local. Last year there was a different teen, I asked about the other teen and she said it was her brother and was off to college and working near the college for more money.

There are certain places that I no longer the produce from. If I get home and there are bugs in the corn, well I don't go back. The teens on the corner are not always there so it is a hit and miss, but i can always be assured that their produce is very good. BTW, they also do the 'bakers dozen' on corn. I just love their corn and I buy a lot and freeze it for the winter. Nothing like having good corn on the cob in the middle of winter. LOL

MaritimeGuy
addict

#417615 - 06/23/08 11:40 AM

"Around me, the farmers market has always been as (or more) expensive than the grocery store. I use them because of the freshness,"

As well there's environmental costs to importing food due to the burning of the fossil fuels required to ship the product in. All around I think it's win win when you support your local economy.

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
      #417688 - 06/23/08 01:19 PM

PJ, just an FYI, your mailbox is full.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

PrincessJ
Carpal \'Tunnel

#417691 - 06/23/08 01:22 PM

Gah! Thank you!

--------------------
--Jack Handey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1599

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: