Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
Re: OT - Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen [Re: javajunkiee]
      #777468 - 02/12/12 12:34 AM

I personally wouldn't do that (I can't afford to do it)...but if he can afford to shoot a good laptop...more power to him. I keep thinking he is not exactly poor? I don't know that for sure, just the feeling I got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
Re: OT - Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen [Re: M5M5]
      #777473 - 02/12/12 08:13 AM

There's that too. The cost of the laptop, and I was wondering what software could he be buying for $130 bucks that his kid absolutely has to have? You can get virus protection a heckuva lot cheaper, and being the kid of an IT person, she should know better than to click on strange stuff anyways.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

KiwiGirl
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/09/05
Loc: Plains State
      #777474 - 02/12/12 09:39 AM

I think the 'laptop murder' was for effect. The point was to mke it clear to her facebook friends that she is NOT a slave, she is NOT badly treated. And that if you choose a certain media to boadcast about your poor widdle liddle life then it is likely your IT Dad will respond in kind.
She will not get to buy back/ get the laptop ever again. All her work is gone. She will be back to pen and paper for a while.
If she had a car it is like he took it and got it crushed.

--------------------
If I can't be part of the solution I insist on being most of the problem

spinnerdegrassi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/20/06
Re: OT - Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen [Re: KiwiGirl]
      #777475 - 02/12/12 10:08 AM

Eh, backwoods trailer living redneck. He's a smoker so he's already a sh!tty role model for his kid.

Runswithscissors
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/29/04
Re: OT - Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen [Re: spinnerdegrassi]
      #777477 - 02/12/12 10:56 AM

How do you show her friends she's not badly mistreated by pumping rounds into her laptop? So, my daughter is a brat, she's lied... and imma gonna show her I mean business with "violence".... I don't get his logic... again... I totally SUPPORT the video and him putting his laptop down... but I would of done something along the lines of "its apparent you are a spoild child, who needs to be taught a lesson.... and it's evident you take this laptop for granted, so I am going to give it to a family that needs it, respects it and will put it to productive use".... if he had done that... I would applaud him totally....

And Spinner... I liked the billy badass cig.... I was thinking "you rock, Tommy".... LOL!! and I agree smoking is nasty as shyt..... I was in the grocery store this morning and a man/woman walked by me... I almost vomitted.... nasty ass people smelling like smoke.... UGH!! I am so glad my hubs stopped.... I stayed on top of him telling him that he smelled like shyt and he's setting a horrible example for his son.....

annieo
veteran

Reged: 07/07/10
Re: OT - Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen [Re: Gecko]
      #777489 - 02/12/12 12:16 PM

I have no issue with him shooting the laptop. I said yes he could have given it away but it would not have (imo) sent a strong enough message and I assume he got his point across.

I have broken more than one expensive video game because my son knew if I took them away he would get them back and doing as I did had the desired affect and it is rare now that one is ever found on the floor anymore. Had I given his away or even donated them I doubt it would have had the same affect. I personally would have a difficult time destroying a laptop (given the cost). I would keep it for the "oh sh!t mine is having issues and would be great to have a spare."

I have threatened to sell my son's XBox 360 but normally just take it away and it was happening so much at one point that I started just taking away the little tv it was hooked up to - much easier then taking everything that goes with the 360. I probably wouldn't destroy it because I like a few of the games =)

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #777493 - 02/12/12 01:20 PM

and I was wondering what software could he be buying for $130 bucks that his kid absolutely has to have

---> He was upgrading, could have been Windows or Office.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
      #777511 - 02/12/12 08:16 PM

[quote]and I was wondering what software could he be buying for $130 bucks that his kid absolutely has to have

---> He was upgrading, could have been Windows or Office. [/quote]

Ah... yes. I tend to forget there are people who have to feed the Microsoft Machine, lol.

Although an IT dude not avoiding the costs by going to a linux distro for his kids personal laptop is kind of a waste of $ too.

(...maybe that's the real reason he shot the laptop. He got tired of the stupid security updates, LMAO)

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
      #777514 - 02/12/12 09:38 PM

My SD showed this to hubby tonight. Said he would do something like that if she wrote something like that, plus my hubby is in IT and we have tracking software on all computers. I'm sure he wouldn't kill the computer but it was a nice effect for his slave of a daughter. Love he added an extra bullet for Mom. Lol. Nice bonus.

finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: OT - Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen [Re: ssmom79]
      #777528 - 02/13/12 02:23 AM

I might have given the laptop to the 'cleaning lady' and I wouldn't have smoked in the video, but on the whole....I like his style.

And.....Damn ! He was CUTE !

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2868

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: