Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
SockPuppet1
journeyman

Reged: 12/30/11
Re: Gr8...immediately thought of you when I saw this.. [Re: cutiepie]
      #778506 - 02/27/12 09:30 PM

$3K.....LOTS O MOOLA 4 A LTTL TRSHTLK.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
Re: Gr8...immediately thought of you when I saw this.. [Re: LexieBelle]
      #778508 - 02/27/12 10:14 PM

What part of "I blocked my kids from seeing it" don't you understand? You can do that, you know. In fact, that post was available to only a small group of people (some are members here). You really don't have any right to talk about "class". What I call low class is your potty mouth and the way you treat people. It's NOT ok. I tell you I disagree with you and what do you do? Start calling names and mud slinging. Alrighty then.

BTW, with the exception of the whole CS thing, my ex and I have a pretty good co-parenting relationship. We can talk (mostly)...heck, we spent 30 minutes in front of my house the other day talking about our son and some things his dad went thru when he was a child. I don't hate my ex, and he doesn't hate me. I just have zero respect for him..and NOW he knows not to push me into a corner (he answers when I text/email now). I'm also VERY happily married, going on 12 yrs now. My kids are not perfect...they each have their own set of problems as most do...but for the most part? Our family is really happy and we are BLESSED. I wish my DH and his ex (and she lies about us up one side and down the other, including online at times...NOT gonna take her to court over piddly stuff like that) could get along as much as my ex and I do (and yes, I am saying this even AFTER I retained an atty and filed contempt charges against him...which he is fully aware of as of last week).

I also get sick and tired of certain ppl saying how DS is unhealthy and talking trash about this place. Why come here if that's what you think? Now you have the morons chiming in (trolls) because I posted to you? Hmmm.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: Gr8...immediately thought of you when I saw this.. [Re: Gecko]
      #778511 - 02/27/12 10:52 PM

"---> Why is an apology wrong?"

Because the ONLY way she could have seen it was to violate the restraining order by attempting to find out information about him or contact him.

"There are two basic components to slander/libel"

Wrong, there are THREE, the third being that one must show that SOME kind of harm was caused. How was this woman harmed by a statement on her EX 'S Facebook, that are not DIRECTLY aimed at her, as she is not mentioned by name?

Interestingly enough, since it ONLY identifies her by the ACTIONS< and the ACTIONS are false, then it COULDN'T be her that he was addressing.

It is a freedom of speech, and the judge over stepped his bounds. I would have taken the jail time, and fought it as a civil liberties case. The lawyers would climb all over themselves to represent that.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Runswithscissors
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/29/04
Re: Gr8...immediately thought of you when I saw this.. [Re: gr8Dad]
      #778514 - 02/27/12 11:12 PM

General comment....I will never post anything negative about my ex on fb.... I would never want my daughter to read it. I could block them today, but I don't control fb and their settings....they could change it without my knowledge. I won't chance it. Plus the ex and I are fb friends.....LOL.

Now, I will set up a fb page in a heart beat on any woman that messes with my husband......LOL...... I dared her to try slander/libel on me..... Course my black roses to her hospital room after her tummy tuck was a nice choice........she cringes everytime she runs into me....as I publically and loudly call her a wh@re......

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #778610 - 02/28/12 01:32 PM

Because the ONLY way she could have seen it was to violate the restraining order by attempting to find out information about him or contact him.

---> Even though you can be deliberately dense at times, I know that you're not stupid.

---> To start with, you have the 'share' feature that allows a 'friend' (or anyone since they guy's page is 'public') to 'repost' on their Wall. You also have 'printscreen', which can then be saved as a .jpg/.gif/.png/.bmp (to name a few) file and then emailed and/or printed as evidence.

---> It is NOT a violation of a Restraining Order to find out information about the person with whom you have a RO against. Forewarned is forearmed and your bet your ass I kept track of what 'Bill' was up to. From a legal standpoint, a RO is one-sided; as such, a victim contacting their abuser does not violate it. However, Judges don't take kindly to victims doing so and after reaming them, they will threaten to quash it.

Wrong, there are THREE, the third being that one must show that SOME kind of harm was caused.

---> I know.

How was this woman harmed by a statement on her EX 'S Facebook, that are not DIRECTLY aimed at her, as she is not mentioned by name?

---> Uh huh...so if I say "he who cannot be named", you would have no idea of who I am talking about? This guy has been very public about the fact that he is going through a divorce and custody battle, has a restraining order and supervised parenting time...he has even posted videos. And so he makes a statement/rant that INCLUDES the PART the media is reporting...but we're just supposed to believe that because he didn't his STBX's 'name', that he WASN'T talking about her?

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778623 - 02/28/12 03:22 PM

"---> Uh huh...so if I say "he who cannot be named", you would have no idea of who I am talking about? This guy has been very public about the fact that he is going through a divorce and custody battle, has a restraining order and supervised parenting time...he has even posted videos. And so he makes a statement/rant that INCLUDES the PART the media is reporting...but we're just supposed to believe that because he didn't his STBX's 'name', that he WASN'T talking about her?"

No, she has to show that she was HARMED. How was she HARMED? Even if he put her NAME, she still was not HARMED.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778630 - 02/28/12 04:21 PM

No, she has to show that she was HARMED. How was she HARMED? Even if he put her NAME, she still was not HARMED.

---> How say you? To harm someone is to injure them, to injure them is to do an injustice to : to wrong them. Such a radical concept I know...wanting to have a good reputation, wanting people to think that you are of good character, that you can be trusted, that you are honest, that you aren't abusive, that you don't lie or steal or cheat and so on and so forth. "Harm" doesn't have to be physical, it doesn't have to be financial...it can be emotional.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778666 - 02/29/12 04:40 AM

Keep defending the little chips of freedoms as they are removed. When they go too far for even YOUR tolerance, you will want to say something...but you won't be allowed.

--------------------

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778747 - 02/29/12 03:27 PM

Keep defending the little chips of freedoms as they are removed. When they go too far for even YOUR tolerance, you will want to say something...but you won't be allowed.

---> Translation: As usual Gecko, you are right and I am wrong.

---> But to answer your statement. For the THIRD time, HAD Byron ONLY said the one PART that the media has released, I would be arguing First Amendment violations and against the IWJP. Had what he said been the truth (she was withholding parenting time)...I would be arguing First Amendment violations and against the IWJP. But because he deliberately and willfully LIED...I have NO issue with him being held accountable/responsible for his choices.

---> I know first hand the 'harm' that lies can do...so do you, so do many others here. So tell me...how does a court-ordered acknowledgement and apology for lies told...a violation of First Amendment? Unless you're saying that lying is 'okay'.

--------------------

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778754 - 02/29/12 05:38 PM

Yep, lying IS okay, and should ONLY be actionable of there is DOCUMENTED harm.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 5717

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: