Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: english7]
      #782613 - 04/10/12 06:29 PM

The sad thing is that with ONLY the current evidence, by LAW, he should be not even be charged, but to appease the masses they will charge him, and if there is no more compelling evidence than currently exists, he will be found not guilty, and there will be riots following it.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
annieo
veteran

Reged: 07/07/10
Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #782650 - 04/10/12 10:00 PM

I agree Gr8 - they will charge him to appease the masses and when he is found not guilty the riots will be worse then the times surrounding Rodney King and Reginald Denny

english7
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/27/09
      #782652 - 04/10/12 10:09 PM

With "ONLY the current evidence," you could be right. Let's see if any more evidence comes to light.

I wish this could be seen as a non-race issue.

annieo
veteran

Reged: 07/07/10
Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: english7]
      #782654 - 04/10/12 10:18 PM

"I wish this could be seen as a non-race issue."

YES!!!

SweetLight
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 01/07/10
Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: annieo]
      #782657 - 04/10/12 10:33 PM

So many hands have intentionally edited and misrepresented the info that was reported to the masses. As a result, we'll never really know as much of the truth as we all would like. The govít and the LSM had to turn it into a white vs. black issue, calling Zimmerman a White Hispanic and not revealing Martinís recent profile- information & photos. Because it wouldnít be as big a story and it wouldnít do the necessary job needed- to further divide the American people.

Please do your own research before jumping on any bandwagons. I think I may need to start packing, Iím not sure I want to die because someone wants to beat my head in. I think Iíd rather be able to protect my life- in self defense, with a gun if it came down to that.

ETA- This was not directed to you, annieo. I can't fathom the riots that will ensue!

Edited by SweetLight (04/10/12 10:37 PM)

googledad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/31/05
Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: Gecko]
      #782669 - 04/11/12 07:53 AM

And yet they DIDN'T contact the girlfriend Trayvon was on the phone with , DIDN'T listen to ALL the witnesses and tagged Trayvon as a " John Doe " even though he had a WALLET and a CELL PHONE .

---> Not usual when dealing with a minor...whether it's pending family notification or initial investigation because of the asswips who want their 15 minutes of fame, even if it's "an unnamed source" leaking the information.

>>>>>>>>> Yes a pending family notification that never happened as his parents found out when they reported Trayvon MISSING the NEXT DAY .

--------------------
Careful. We don't want to learn from this.

googledad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: elliesmom]
      #782670 - 04/11/12 07:56 AM

IMO - based on the evidence and what I believe is normal human behavior - it sounds like Zimmerman confronted the kid about being in the neighborhood (which he had every right to do), the kid tried to leave (which he had every right to do), Zimmerman tried to stop him until the police arrived (not so right, but understandable), kid fought back (which he had every right to do), and Zimmerman shot him. But that is purely speculation on an anonymous internet board.

>>>>>>> And yet the whole " stand your ground defense " rests on the theory that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman for no apparent reason . It's , at minimum , manslaughter if Zimmerman intitiated the confrontation .

--------------------

googledad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#782674 - 04/11/12 08:29 AM

Well, you really have no proof that the bullet in Trayvon wasn't there when he was walking home...I mean if we are going to be RIDICULOUS< lets take it all the way, right?

>>>>>>>> It's ridiculous to say that apparent damage to Zimmerman's head proves his story is TRUE .

Never saw that he had a wallet, could you source that?

>>>>>>>>> It's in the initial police reprt , how ELSE do you think they got his full name ,address and phone number .

As for the cell phone, takes a while to trace those without a name.

>>>>>>>>> Which excuse the Sanford PD from ever even LOOKING at it . Seems his father is a BETTER DETECTIVE as HE traced down the calls after getting the phone BACK .

Funny thing is, Zimmerman's DAD says he is not a racist, but that is dismissed because its his DAD.

>>>>>>>>> Personnaly I could give a rat's ass if he's a racist , what HE IS is a coward who used a gun on an UNARMED BOY .

But we SHOULD listen to Trayvon's GIRLFRIEND< because she would be COMPLETELY unbiased.

>>>>>>>>>> It's called EVIDENCE . Is it too much to expect the police to INVESTIGATE all leads ? I know , whenever someone is shot and killed we'll just believe the shooter . No one would lie , RIGHT ?

And WHAT, exactly, could she testify to? That someone was following him? Not in dispute. That there was a scuffle? Not in dispute. She knows NOTHING that is not already admitted and verified by BOTH sides.

>>>>>>>> God you're dumb . It would be MANSLAUGHTER not " STANDING YOUR GROUND " if Zimmerman initiated the confrontation .

When the incriminating evidence against Powell was released, I agreed he looked guilty. I will do the same should new evidence arise in the Zimmerman shooting, I will reconsider my position. What I will NOT do is ignore the evidence that DOES exist and base my opinion on public realtions blitzes.

>>>>>>>> The evidence provided by the guy who's alive . Gotcha .

--------------------

elliesmom
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
      #782701 - 04/11/12 02:01 PM

Like I said - I based my theory on both evidence and what I believe is normal human behavior.

I believe that George Zimmerman was just a guy trying to protect his neighborhood who saw a guy he found suspicious, called the police, and wanted the guy detained and questioned by said police. So it makes sense to me that he would try to stop him from leaving. He had every right to question him for being there, but he did not have the right to detain him to wait for police. Things then escalated to him discharging his weapon.

Trayvon Martin was a 17 yo kid unarmed, walking through a neighborhood he had every right to be in. He was probably not very nice about being questioned - and acted as a snotty teen, which is not a crime in progress. Given his lack of violent past and the fact that the other guy was armed - I find it difficult to believe he simply attacked the guy rather than telling him to F off. I have no problem believing that he fought back if Zimmerman tried to detain him.

If I am right (and again PURE SPECULATION on my part) then Zimmerman did commit a crime. Not with malice or forethought, but a crime nonetheless. Carrying a weapon and having the ability to take a life come with a huge responsibility.

--------------------
Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: OT-Trayyvon Martin case... [Re: googledad]
      #782705 - 04/11/12 03:22 PM

">>>>>>>> It's ridiculous to say that apparent damage to Zimmerman's head proves his story is TRUE ."

No, but it is evidence that cooroborates his version of events.

">>>>>>>>> It's in the initial police reprt , how ELSE do you think they got his full name ,address and phone number ."

I know he was listed as a John Doe until they ID'd him, not uncommon, but we are talking about HOURS, not DAYS.

">>>>>>>>> Which excuse the Sanford PD from ever even LOOKING at it . Seems his father is a BETTER DETECTIVE as HE traced down the calls after getting the phone BACK ."

Not all states allow the police to look through a cell phone without a warrant, it is considered private property. Not sure of Floridas stance on it.

">>>>>>>>> Personnaly I could give a rat's ass if he's a racist , what HE IS is a coward who used a gun on an UNARMED BOY ."

Who, per him, attacked him and was smashing his head on the ground.

">>>>>>>>>> It's called EVIDENCE . Is it too much to expect the police to INVESTIGATE all leads ? I know , whenever someone is shot and killed we'll just believe the shooter . No one would lie , RIGHT ?"

Talk to her for WHAT? Her knowledge of the situation ceased when the scuffle started, and is ONLY audio. She knows NOTHING.

">>>>>>>> God you're dumb . It would be MANSLAUGHTER not " STANDING YOUR GROUND " if Zimmerman initiated the confrontation ."

Well, lets look at the evidence, Trayvon, NO marks, George, broken nose, stained back and gash on his head. Not really indicating that Zimmerman initiated it.

">>>>>>>> The evidence provided by the guy who's alive . Gotcha ."

Actually, I believe the gash on the head and the broken nose were provided by someone who ATTACKED Zimmerman.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: **
Topic views: 7076

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: