Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Goodmom
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/17/07
Re: OT-Spoiled child gets his way... [Re: LexieBelle]
      #783917 - 04/28/12 09:47 AM

[quote] And yes, I've done this IRL, not sporting goods lol..but definitely items. [/quote]

Anybody who attempted to parent my child, like you are attempting to do to stranger's children, will be getting a piece of my mind about how inappropriate THEIR behavior is and how my child behaves better than that person.

My kids have gotten beyond the normal toddler tantrums, but if someone had butted in, like you are bragging about in your post, that person would have been put in his/her place and told to butt out, how I handle MY kids is my business not theirs.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SRS
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/05/10
Re: OT-Spoiled child gets his way... [Re: Goodmom]
      #783918 - 04/28/12 10:25 AM

Yeah, I stay out of other peoples child rearing. Not my business.

Kids at that age have tantrums. It is normal. When my kids did it, I'd give them a warning and if it didn't stop we'd leave where ever we were immediately. But, that is my style of parenting.

If someone butted in to my business, I'd first ignore them. Do it again and you'd get a piece of my mind for being an arse and no better than the 3 year old.

LexieBelle
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/10
      #783920 - 04/28/12 11:03 AM

How I handle something in MY possession? Is MY business.

I've had it done by others, with my child, I have no issue with it. Frankly, those actions by others probably sticks in her head more.. It's not just coming from "mom". Most kids care what others think. Definitely works

LexieBelle
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: OT-Spoiled child gets his way... [Re: SRS]
      #783921 - 04/28/12 11:04 AM

The adult is being just that, an adult.

I've never had anyone have an issue with it. Most are grateful someone is reinforcing them.

SRS
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/05/10
      #783922 - 04/28/12 11:29 AM

or maybe they were just being polite and using your action an example for their kids on what not to do.

I still say it is not my job to lecture your children on what I see is proper behavior. My expectations may be different than yours kind of thing.

Goodmom
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/17/07
      #783924 - 04/28/12 12:07 PM

You said:

My response:

That is true. But you step WAY over the line when you actually address the child with the intention of teaching the child something. THAT is none of your business.

You said:

I've had it done by others, with my child, I have no issue with it. Frankly, those actions by others probably sticks in her head more.. It's not just coming from "mom". Most kids care what others think. Definitely works

My response:

Kids care what their PEERS think. When they are my kids ages and the one group that they don't consider to be their peers are adults. At 3 YEARS OLD, they don't really care what other adults think, it's all about mom and dad. All they see is a mean old lady who is trying to act like their parent. And, as I stated before, I would put anyone who attempted to do what you do to stranger's kids in their place. Rather loudly, so that everyone would know what a busybody that person is.

LexieBelle
Carpal \'Tunnel

#783925 - 04/28/12 01:11 PM

Lol

Treasure
journeyman

Reged: 03/15/08
Loc: Real Life
      #783944 - 04/28/12 09:03 PM

[quote]You said:

My response:

That is true. But you step WAY over the line when you actually address the child with the intention of teaching the child something. THAT is none of your business.

You said:

My response:

Kids care what their PEERS think. When they are my kids ages and the one group that they don't consider to be their peers are adults. At 3 YEARS OLD, they don't really care what other adults think, it's all about mom and dad. All they see is a mean old lady who is trying to act like their parent. And, as I stated before, I would put anyone who attempted to do what you do to stranger's kids in their place. Rather loudly, so that everyone would know what a busybody that person is. [/quote]

Worth repeating. I would not appreciate her saying a damn thing to my child and would say as much. Nobody would. Just ridiculous to insinuate that anyone would.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 2623

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: