Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mommynurse
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/26/05
Loc: Indiana
Hands down, I have the lousiest BM of all....
      #17526 - 06/21/05 10:01 AM

At least, for your sakes, I hope I do. It can't get much worse.

I have been up since 5 am yesterday (now almost 11) and I'm stir crazy, but I can't sleep. My hubby (by the way, what does DH stand for?) just walked out the door to go file an ex parte motion. I'm nervous as hell. If your curious as to why he has to file this motion, visit the custody site. Way too long to repeat. Guess I could say that my man is dense and it takes a near-miss tragedy to spur him into action. But, he's a wild man today.

Today, I am thankful for my youngest SD's life and that's not an understatement. I need therapy right now and I think it's therapeutic to think about what I'm thankful for.

What are you all thankful for?

--------------------
Handed lemons? Find someone else who was handed Vodka and have a party--Ron White

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
YahYah
old hand

Reged: 06/16/04
That we now have custody of my stepson [Re: mommynurse]
      #17535 - 06/21/05 10:16 AM

(Strictly in terms of this forum and this online community....)

....and that I know he's safe and being raised in a fair, open minded, safe, secure, loving home environment supportive of each others needs and wants, and without testing of each other's loyalties - particularly his.

That we aren't constantly wondering "what the he|| is she going to do next..." but MORE importantly "WHY the he|| is she doing what she's going to do next!?"

That we have our health and well being, and we can finally relax... I can finally go out into public and see her and honestly feel nothing for her. No anger, no apprehensiveness, no frustration, nothing... I feel for my stepson when we see her together, but me? Nothing.

And.. I guess, I'm also thankful that my mom taught me to the person that I am... which is NOT like my ss's mother... when we'd pass her in our car and ss was sitting in her passenger seat, she has literally gone so far to keep him from seeing us as to make him pick something up on the floor as we were passing each other, so he would not... COULD not see us waving to him. She'd deny contact, deny phone contact, make him turn his body away from us when we were in public....

I'm thankful I'm not that type of resentful vindictive person, full of anger and animosity.

--------------------
Take the scenic route. Live without regret.

mommynurse
Carpal \'Tunnel

YahYah, I'm also thankful that you [Re: YahYah]
      #17546 - 06/21/05 10:32 AM

were online today. If it weren't for you, we'd still be wasting time waiting for the atty. to call us back instead of taking action.

Keep your fingers crossed!

(p.s. I think I need to go to bed because not only are my fingers crossed, my eyes are too!

--------------------
Handed lemons? Find someone else who was handed Vodka and have a party--Ron White

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
Good Luck [Re: YahYah]
      #17547 - 06/21/05 10:32 AM

I have no faith in the courts anymore. My x can have 20 counts of possesion of child p0rn against him and NO ONE but me (and those who know me) are concerned that he has not been ordered supervised visitation. The crappier parent you are the more rights you have. I wish your H much better luck than I'm having!

Spring
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Re: Good Luck [Re: Debi]
      #17557 - 06/21/05 10:50 AM

Yuppers...the system has many faults. Debi, your case is another very large frustration. How is it we are to protect our kids?

Our BM, the drug dealers, are back at it. "Even with a grow op right in their house, its still no guarantee we'll remove the daughter". That's CPS (Child Protection Services) response when contacted. DOesn't much matter that she is in danger, these places get "ripped off" regularly...more and more, by violent people, often biker gang related. The other danger is from electrical fires from over loaded breakers and attempts to conceal electrical usage. That's suitable tho to CPS.

These people create many enemies, these people have proven to have an arsenal of weapons in their home. None of that is enough to remove the girl.

Yup, its fricken frustrating!

--------------------
Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.

TGSM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/06/05
Re: Hands down, I have the lousiest BM of all.... [Re: mommynurse]
      #17768 - 06/21/05 04:48 PM

Hey girl...take a deep breath. :0)

Any news? I read the whole ordeal on the custody board. WOW I can't believe what happened!!! Your poor SD!!! If I had been the mother in that situation, I would have walked the five miles (with my other three kids), up hill...in the snow if necessary...LOL

All kidding aside, she should have been there. She should NOT have let her brother she barely knew watch her daughter. I know you guys have a lot of other documentation on her and this is most likely the straw that broke the camels back...I hope you and your DH are sucessful in your custody battle. ((HUGS)) IM me if you want to talk more privately!

--------------------
Faith-a f*rm belief in something for which there is no proof...complete trust.~Merriam Webster

mommynurse
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Hands down, I have the lousiest BM of all.... [Re: TGSM]
      #17784 - 06/21/05 05:31 PM

The camels back is not broken, yet. The emergency motion was denied. But, we are not without hope.

But today, what's important is the SD. She seems to be oblivious to what could have happened to her. Thank God for that. Her only complaint after all was said and done was that she was sleepy and her belly hurt. At the store, they gave her a load of junk food. I can see why she has a tummyache. She was given full run of the candy aisle and took full advantage of it. She may have a raging case of diarrhea later on, but it appears that is going to be the worst of it. The nurse in me wishes that they would have steered her toward healthier choices. Im not gonna look a gift-horse in the mouth. They kept her calm, safe and happy.

On a lighter note...the SD that this happened to is the one I loving refer to as the hellion. I'm glad that she was true to form today. If she had been a sweet, compliant child things may have turned out much worse. It's possible that we could have been collecting a child from the morgue instead of the Home of the Innocents.

I learned this lesson today. I'm glad that I have never encouraged her to be "sugar and spice". Her mother wants her to be calm at all times. Not me! I say, you are woman, ROAR! She roared today and she's safe. Did I have anything to do with it? Naa. The only thing I have done is not try to tame a spirited-child. Everything else was of her own doing. You gotta love a little woman that can stand up and say, Hey, this is wrong and I'm not gonna take it.

--------------------

TGSM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/06/05
Re: Hands down, I have the lousiest BM of all.... [Re: mommynurse]
      #17798 - 06/21/05 05:58 PM

I am sorry to hear the motion was denied. At least it is more documentation for your file. I just hope the next time your SD isn't seriously injured. I am glad to hear she is doing well today....*sigh* At least she is safe and sound.

--------------------
Faith-a f*rm belief in something for which there is no proof...complete trust.~Merriam Webster

mommynurse
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Hands down, I have the lousiest BM of all.... [Re: TGSM]
      #17801 - 06/21/05 06:01 PM

Anymore documentation and I'm going to have to dedicate a whole filing cabinet to it. Just kidding. It's not that bad.

--------------------

YahYah
old hand

Reged: 06/16/04
My documentation is huge [Re: mommynurse]
      #17874 - 06/22/05 06:03 AM

I mean... HUGE.

Just remember. You want "Facts" not opinions, in that documentation.

--------------------
Take the scenic route. Live without regret.

Pages: 1

Extra information
6 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2946

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: