Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
asurvivor
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/14/05
Just wanted to say hey to everyone!
      #17593 - 06/21/05 11:56 AM

It's been a pretty rough month so far. I got a call on June 1st saying that my sister was on her way to the hospital for an overdose. She is 53 years old and lived with cronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis. It was so bad that she was almost unable to walk. The pain she lived with was so undescribable.

It took me 6 hours to get there. I drove all through the night to be by her side. I was able to talk to her briefly and she verbally told me she wanted to die. She told me that she meant to take all those pills and that she wanted to die that day. I told her that I wasn't mad at her for what's she done because I understand what pain can do to a person but that I wasn't ready to tell her it was okay to leave my world. My 6 bro & sister, our parents (blended family), best friends of my sister, and co-workers were all able to say good-bye. I told her that she had to wait for everyone to say good-bye because if we didn't then we would never have closure. We were all with her (27 of us), holding hands and playing music while on June 4th she peacefully passed on. She went quickly after they took her off the ventilator.

After watching what she went through, being with her until the end, I really have a different outlook on life. My blended family issues will no longer "be an issue". It will just be another part of my life that comes with my DH. He is the one who will deal with his EX and I will be the one to support him (like I've always done). I have a family and its not just about my skids...my family extends and I am going to put more time into gatherings, reunions, talking, letter writing, birthday cards in the mail and time capsules....and more and more.

I won't be posting but I will come and check on you all and see whats being posted.

You all are a special part of me and believe you me....you've gotten me through the worst of my times with the custody issue (which I pray has finally ended).

YAH YAH love the handle. Me and my sisters had a YAYA CLUB which has is now 3 yaya's and 1 angel watching over us.

Thanks again everyone. I must go dry my eyes. I'd love to e-mail and IM with folks...I'm at yahoo for anyone who would like to add me to their buddy list. I'd love to get to know you all behind our issues. Best of luck to everyone and if ever I think I can help....I may chime in.

asurvivor97@yahoo.com

HUGS.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Spring
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Re: Just wanted to say hey to everyone! [Re: asurvivor]
      #17604 - 06/21/05 12:04 PM

Hey :-)

I'm so sorry about your sister. That must have been so hard to let her go. Its good to hear that your finding a silver lining in your cloud...letting go of some issues. I wish you much luck:-)

--------------------
Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.

YahYah
old hand

Reged: 06/16/04
Asurvivor, been thinking about you... [Re: asurvivor]
      #17654 - 06/21/05 01:01 PM

I hate to hear from you for the first time under these circumstances. You have my thoughts, prayers, and compassionate sentiment... I'm so sorry for the passing of your sister. I'm never sure what to say to someone who has lost a close loved one, but I will say that it's my hope, and belief, that she's now free of pain... just free...

And.. as a person who believes in the afterlife... she's watching you ;) so spare a second to smile at her ;) she'd probably be mad if you didn't. :smirk:

Hang in there kid. We're here for you... message ANY time.

--------------------
Take the scenic route. Live without regret.

TGSM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/06/05
      #17762 - 06/21/05 04:34 PM

Hi sweetie...first off (((HUGE HUGS))) I can not imagine what you have and are going through. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to IM me through this site or e-mail anytime!

--------------------
Faith-a f*rm belief in something for which there is no proof...complete trust.~Merriam Webster

cinder

Reged: 05/13/05
Re: Just wanted to say hey to everyone! [Re: TGSM]
      #17775 - 06/21/05 05:21 PM

My uncle died a couple of weeks ago and the pastor recited this poem at his service. It meant a lot to me.

Seasons of Life

I am springtime, when everything seems so fine,
& whether rain or shine, you will find me playing.
Days full of pretending, when a dime is a lot to be spending,
a time when life is just beginning, I am springtime.

I am summer, when days are warm and longer,
and the call comes to wander, - but I canít go far from home.
When the girls become a mystery, and youíre barely passing history,
†-- and thinking, ďOld is when youíre 30Ē, I am summer.

I am autumn, when changes come so many ways,
looking back I stand amazed, - that time has gone so quickly.
When love is more than feelings, itís fixing bikes and painting ceilings.
†-Itís when you feel a cold wind coming, ÖI am autumn.

I am winter, when the days are cold and bitter,
and the days I can remember,† - number more than the days to come.
When you ride instead of walking, -and you barely hear the talking,
and good-byes are said far too often, I am winter.

But Thanks be to God --† Iíll see spring again in Heaven, and it will last forever more

SandricoSuave
recently joined

Reged: 06/06/05
      #17830 - 06/21/05 06:59 PM

asurvivor:

I wish you much...
I lost my husband in 2002 in an avalanche accident...
It has been a road to hoe - - but during this "hoeing" I have changed so much and see things a little bit different. Many things are so much more important to me now than they were then - like family, friends and loved ones. Those things are sometimes taken for granted - I have changed - and you will too for the good!

Take Care, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers - you and your family, and extended family and friends!
Sandra

Karen1
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Ohio
      #17856 - 06/21/05 10:08 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. It is good that so many had the chance to be with your sister, to say good bye etc. That kind of pain must be horrible to live with and she made her choice. I pray for the day there are not only meds to control this but a way for a cure or at least remission,

I also have a 53 year old sister with RA. She is still able to work and does OK, although many of her days are much worse than others. It has changed her lifestyle considerably. She is on a bunch of meds and they don't always help. SHe is an RN so she knows what can happen down the road.

--------------------
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

Pages: 1

Extra information
3 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2983

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: