Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
gen

Reged: 03/10/05
Loc: Kentucky
Medical Expenses
      #176869 - 12/13/06 10:24 AM

I have a special needs child that has close $200 of medical a month. Ex's share is $100. This amount is average, and has been going on for 5 years. My Ex cannot seem to stay on top of this. I give him an accounting monthly of the expenses along with the copies of the receipts. The only way I recieve any of the money is to contact my attorney, which of course costs me. Last month, after calling the bill is $70 basically to collect $100. How can I get him to keep up his part of the payment without contacting my attorney, or can I make him have to pay my fees that are associated with this?
Also, his attorney has had my QDRO paperwork for over 6 months. My attorney has also been contacting him about this. Which also costs me money. Any solution to this dilemna?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
Re: Medical Expenses [Re: gen]
      #176875 - 12/13/06 10:35 AM

Why does your attorney have to go through your ex to execute the QDRO? I'd take it to his employer if you're no able to submit it to the retirement plan directly.

Is it too soon to amend CS? I'd show the problems you've had with collecting medical expenses and request that CS be increased by $100 each month in exchange for you paying all medical expenses except those outside of the norm for this child.

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

NancyD
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/03/05
Loc: New York
Re: Medical Expenses [Re: Avaya]
      #176899 - 12/13/06 11:17 AM

That's only good if the CS is garnished from the ex's pay.

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #176929 - 12/13/06 12:16 PM

Regarding medical expenses...the next time you submit your monthly account I would also send the following:

Dear XXX,

Please find enclosed a statement of medical expense occurred on behalf of our child along with receipts, I will expect reimbursement of your share within XX days.

Speaking of which...it is being extremely tiresome, not to mention expensive, having to constantly contact my attorney in order to get your to pay your share. I could perhaps understand if these were unexpected expenses and you needed some time to come up with your share, but these are regular expenses that we have had for the last XX years and you should be budgeting accordingly as I do.

From now on, if I have to contact my attorney to get you to pay your share of the medical expenses for your son/daughter in a timely fashion, then I'm going to instruct him/her to file contempt charges and then you can you can explain to a Judge what your issue is and you can pay my attorney's fees and court courts.

At the same time, I will file for a modification of child support and will ask that your share of anticipated monthly medical expenses be included.

The choice is yours.

Sincerely,

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

gen

Reged: 03/10/05
Loc: Kentucky
Re: Medical Expenses [Re: Gecko]
      #177277 - 12/14/06 07:41 AM

Thank you. Should I send this to him certified mail or can I give this to him when he picks up our child for visitation?
This is what I needed to know, as for the QDRO. The QDRO has not been received. It has supposedly be written but not filed. Neither my ex nor I have received a copy of it. I am thinking about contacting the State board. There is no excuse for this. When we went for our final court hearing, it was April, and a current copy was provided. In June his attorney asked for another copy of the information for "something more recent". My work informed him that was the most recent information and that since the divorce had been finalized they would not provide any more information. He has had this information since then and has not finished the work. This is inexcusable.
I want my QDRO paperwork, so that this whole chapter in my life feels like it is finshed. (Or as finished as it can be, since we have 6 more year until our child turns 18).

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #177337 - 12/14/06 10:57 AM

You want to make a copy of it for your records and send it certified w/return receipt.

As for the QDRO...if the other attorney is not getting the job done, then tell your attorney to get off his butt and file an Order to Show Cause. You cannot file a complaint against the other attorny.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

jaiye
old hand

Reged: 10/27/05
      #177503 - 12/14/06 06:17 PM

My own attorney took care of doing the QDRO on my X's retirement because he knew that my X's attorney would delay doing it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1886

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: