Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Men's Rights

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Aislyn76
recently joined

Reged: 02/16/07
Pending divorce problems
      #200502 - 02/16/07 09:22 PM

My friend is going through a divorce right now. He's been married for 5 years and has a 2 year old child.
His situation is this... his wife does not work and she doesn't have a drivers license (suspended for DUI).
There is no reason that she cannot work, there is family that can watch the child, he works swing shift and there is convienant public transportation available.
But because she is not working they are still living in the same house. Besides paying the bills and buying food. He gives her $25 a week spending money, buys her cigarettes and will still buy her any beauty essentials, clothes she needs.
The problem is that when he is at home she will go out of her way to start an argument or provoke him. Often times in front of their child.
She also expects him to take her to a doctors appointment or her divorce attorneys.
He doesn't want to leave the house on account of his daughter and cannot kick her out... but the constant argueing and her being rude is starting to take a toll on him.
He's tried avoiding her and asked her not to speak to him unless it involves the child. They have seperate bedrooms and the only common area is the living room and kitchen. Still after that she continues to act this way.
Is there anything that he can do (or ask his attorney to do) so that they don't have to talk/see each other until the divorce is final (about 6-8 more weeks)? And is he still responsible for shuttling her around?
Any input would be helpful...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Pending divorce problems [Re: Aislyn76]
      #200597 - 02/17/07 09:25 AM

What is going to change when its final, and why does he feel had to shuttle her around when they were "happily" married. He needs to move out, I have a strange feeling the worst of his problems may start when its final, because she does not seem to get the fact that she will have to pay for alot of things that are being taken care of now.

Aislyn76
recently joined

Reged: 02/16/07
Re: Pending divorce problems [Re: Redlegg]
      #200619 - 02/17/07 11:44 AM

He filed for divorce because she was cheating on him. They went to mediation and that did not work.
Since they are both fighting for custody (and he doesn't want to leave his child) his lawyer told him it would be in his best interest to stay in the house. In the case of his wife, she refuses to leave to go stay with friends or family and he cannot afford to pay for an apartment for her. But now if he gets full custody he's giving her $1000, she can keep her car and he wants her out within a week. (which she is aware of and still has made no effort to find a job)
Also, the driving around matter... it's her own fault that she doesn't have a license! Why should he still have to take her places?
He's already being too nice to her (in my opinion)

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Pending divorce problems [Re: Aislyn76]
      #200772 - 02/18/07 08:03 AM

Teh bottom line is that he has to find his own way as far as being too nice to her, he has to live with this. But now he cannot afford to move out but can give her 1000 a month if he gets custody. I know at least here, ytou cannot get divorced with no fault unless you have been seperated at least 6 months. I would say he needs to continue to listen to his lawyer....

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
And why, exactly... [Re: Redlegg]
      #205805 - 03/03/07 09:54 AM

...does HE need to move out?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2582

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: