Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
rocketgirl
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/24/04
Loc: On the beach in 14 years...
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: youngatheart]
      #203505 - 02/24/07 12:35 PM

No, it doesn't make her son look totally incompetent.. come on guys... these are young kids who made a bad choice in having a child. They have to learn just like everyone else here had to learn how to be a parent. There are times when I probably should have taken my kids to the dr before I actually did. You do stupid stuff when you are a young parent. I did stupid stuff and I was 30 when I had my first one!

Give the guy a little bit of a break. She said that they would take the baby to the dr today.

--------------------
Lisa

Diplomacy - the art of telling someone to go to hell, and them looking forward to the trip.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
agui667
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/23/06
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: youngatheart]
      #203506 - 02/24/07 12:36 PM

Sounds like your son needs some parenting classes! He sends a sick child home on his parenting time...That make zero sense! He needs a wake up call

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/18/06
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: agui667]
      #203519 - 02/24/07 12:55 PM

Grandson is back here, doing better. She claims she took him to the doctor. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.She said they said he's only got a cold. Anyways his breathing seems better. But kids always seem better during the day and then at night get sicker.
My son told her that if he gets worse He's going to take him to the ER, she said no. Call her. And that's why he did call her to begin with. Because he felt that was the right thing to do at the time.
She had him promise her that he'd call her before he did anything with the baby, and she'd take care of it. He's really quite capeable of taking care of the child on his own. He just wants to make things smooth. I dont' blame him.
We've never dealt with bitter women before. I myself divorced years ago and never did this stuff to my ex husband. Never. He was always an equal partner.

This is all new to us. That's obviously why I came on here and asked advice. Thanks

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: agui667]
      #203520 - 02/24/07 12:57 PM

And she called and asked him if he wanted the baby back on his weekend even though he's sick and my son said YES :) He's here.

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: rocketgirl]
      #203526 - 02/24/07 01:05 PM

Thanks for your vote of confidence Rocketgirl. The main thing we are trying to find out is what does he need to do legally to get it so he doens't have to bother her about the babies illness. I guess the lawyer is going to have to set something up soon. He is probably going to need the name of his sons doctor or medical practice and a copy of his medical card. He has asked the mom for this in the past and she just pretended she didn't hear him. He asked her today, she did the same thing. But she told him, call me I'll handle it.

I stated this in an earlier post, that he doesn't want to lose time with the baby, he wants to be able to take the child to the doctor too, be a part of that as well. He's really doing great so far. I'm really proud of him. He's just walking on eggshells with her and not sure how to handle some things. He's new I'm new. It's all new to us.
He wants to be involved. He wants to help.
He'll probably be the one handling all his sons schooling issues too. My son is like that.
He just doesn't want to get in trouble with court. And I have to agree with him on this one. We both were clueless where to turn with no medical information. We dont' even know if he's up to date with his shots, that's how friendly the mother is with us.

NancyD
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/03/05
Loc: New York
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Misslisa1017]
      #203537 - 02/24/07 01:18 PM

Babies make all kinds of funny noises when they have a cold...the thing you have to watch out for is how deep and hard they are drawing their breath. If you can see their chest caving in deeply as they breathe, take that baby to the ER immediately.

My daughter had what I thought was a bad cold at three months of age, but when I took her to her pediatrician he showed me how her chest was heaving. It was bronchiolitis (not bronchitis)...he hospitalized her right away and when it went into pneumonia just HOURS later, I was very glad we were already there.

Don't hold off if you think the little guy is having trouble breathing.

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
      #203538 - 02/24/07 01:19 PM

I don't care WHAT she said - if that baby gets sicker, he had better take him to the ER. Can you imagine standing in front of a judge saying 'But your honor, she told me not to take him.' 'Yes sir, he is my son. Yes sir, I do have a brain in my head.' 'No sir, I don't know why I let the baby suffer on and on just because his mother told me not to take him to the ER.' 'Yes sir, I do love him and want to help raise him.' He will look like a MUCH more competent parent if he does what is morally RIGHT instead of cowering. What IF she's trying to build a case against him, saying that he can't even care for a sick baby? What if she plans to take the baby to the doctor on Monday complaining that DAD did nothing over the weekend when the baby was really sick?

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

katiefedup
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/26/05
      #203590 - 02/24/07 04:54 PM

your son has made a terriable error in judgement. He has lost his credability in court if she brings this incident up. He needs parenting classes ASAP! If he was watching a neighbors dog and the dog had that kind of breathing problems I am sure he would have called a vet! Now get your kid some parenting classes~

katiefedup
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/26/05
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: katiefedup]
      #203591 - 02/24/07 04:57 PM

even worse you and your husband went along with this. Me thinking the three of you need parenting classes if you are going to help your son raise this baby!

Renee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: The Palmetto State
      #203596 - 02/24/07 05:14 PM

Next time she says "I'll handle it" your son needs to respond with something along the lines of "I'm also a parent to this child and am also responsible for this baby's health and welfare. I'm quite capable of taking the child to seek medical care, and I wasn't asking for your Permission to do so, I was merely INFORMING you that I AM doing so."

He needs to realize that he didn't go thru all this headache and pain to assert his right as the baby's father and be a parent, because he wanted her permission - he did it because he's *entitled*. QUIT ASKING her about things that are obviously in the baby's best interests. Just do it. No judge is going to get on him for being uncooperative when it comes to seeking medical care for a sick baby.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6636

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: