Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/18/06
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Renee]
      #203597 - 02/24/07 05:20 PM

Thanks Renee :) That's exactly what he did too :) Baby's on meds now. She's not happy but oh well.

Later everyone. I've been judged!! It's great. Now I can join the ranks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
katiefedup
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/26/05
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Misslisa1017]
      #203599 - 02/24/07 05:25 PM

who isn't happy that the baby got medicine? So, the baby saw 2 doctors today?

Renee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: The Palmetto State
      #203726 - 02/25/07 08:05 AM

Glad to hear it! He doesn't have to let her push him around about this now -- he went to court, established his rights, its OKAY. He has more of a say now. As long as he's not being totally unreasonable, he's on solid ground despite whatever hissy fit she throws. Just make sure he covers his butt, because its going to take awhile for her to adjust to the new rules and he may (probably will) get some friction from her over it.

One thing, and this is NOT an attack, but it may be worthwhile to him to take a parenting class. Yes, he probably can use common sense and you as a source of knowledge on what to do, but isn't it better to learn all he can? Knowledge is power - I can't see where going to a class *wouldn't* be a benefit. Not only will it help him to care for the baby better, but it could settle his nervousness some and boost his confidence level.

In any case, I hope that baby is doing better! Also hope mom continues the meds.

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: katiefedup]
      #203806 - 02/25/07 02:05 PM

Yep, he did see two doctors yesterday. She took him early in the morning and came back to him (my son) with the baby stating that the doctor said he only had the beginning of a bad cold.
YET we explained to her before she took off with the baby that he was breathing fast the night before looking like he was in some distress. I doubt she ever mentioned it to the doctor. Otherwise he would've been dx'd with what he was dx'd with in the ER

Which is ...bronchiolitis. She was fuming that he took the baby and said he had no right. He told her he did have a right and did so. But he did get a lot of flak from the nurse in the er, because he didn't have all the babies medical background, which mom never shared with him. Has he asked? Yes. She just stares blankly at him.
In other words, it's not his concern as far as she's concerned.

He just got off the phone with her to see how he's doing right now and she said, "His fever is very high. I called the doctors again." He said, "What are they going to do?" She said "I dont' know." I said, "Please call me when you know what's going on. And please let me know if he ends up back in the ER." She said "Yeah whatever! He won't end up back there."

So this is the crap and how great they communicate. I'm so sick of watching it. He really is trying to work with this girl.

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Renee]
      #203808 - 02/25/07 02:10 PM

Hi Renee,

No offense taken about the parenting class. He's already taken one. Tried to get her to go with him, she refused. Told him he's the only one that needs it.

As far as communication, he tries. My sons biggest problem, is he lets her call the shots. She scares the crap out of him for some reason. Now yesterday he got a taste of making a good decision about his son, and wants to continue doing so. He said it felt so good, to do the right thing even though she hates him even more now if that's possible.

I feel so bad because she hates him so badly, that she won't communicate with him, she yells and goes off on him and he's afraid to say anything because she'll flip.

Her mom was at the er yesterday and said that her daughter, My sons ex, has made it hard for my son to be involved and that she knows it's wrong and she can understand why he's afraid to do things.

Thanks again everyone.

despedina
addict

Reged: 08/14/06
Loc: Hillsboro, MO
      #203835 - 02/25/07 05:01 PM

Misslisa,

Your son did good to take him to the er. He needs to get a report from the er to take to court next time, and he needs to document this weekend. Reports will be available in the hospitals records dept. Just call and tell them you want to pick them up. She needs to share the baby's med history with him at his request. The court needs to order that.

NancyD
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/03/05
Loc: New York
      #203858 - 02/25/07 06:51 PM

MissLisa, I hope you saw my post above about my own experience with my daughter. Bronchiolitis very quickly moves on to pneumonia...in fact my Ped. said it becomes pneumonia in the majority of cases. So please have your son stay on top of this. Maybe he can get his ex's mother to let him know how the baby is doing at home.

It's nothing to fool with in an infant. They have such short breathing passages that when they become infected/inflamed/filled with fluid, there's no "good" area left to absorb the oxygen.

tsl
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/24/04
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: hippie1981]
      #203905 - 02/25/07 08:59 PM

I agree. I would have rushed him to the ER. Called her when you got there and she could have come then!

--------------------
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can keep them out of the way."

tsl
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/24/04
      #203908 - 02/25/07 09:02 PM

[quote]We've never dealt with bitter women before. I myself divorced years ago and never did this stuff to my ex husband. Never. He was always an equal partner.[/quote]

This is totally different than had they been married and known each other better...

--------------------
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can keep them out of the way."

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: NancyD]
      #204000 - 02/26/07 09:01 AM

Thanks for the information Nancy, He is keeping in touch with the mom, right now the lil guys fever went back down.
She's so annoyed with him calling, but he's being brave and dealing with it.
Hopefully he'll hear from his lawyer today to see what he has to do to be able to access medical coverage and all that good stuff.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6673

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: