Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/18/06
Grandson had to go home
      #203449 - 02/24/07 08:51 AM

My son had his son this weekend, but ended up sending the lil guy home, for lack of knowing what else to do. He called the mom and told her the baby was in bad shape, he was breathing fast and shallow, wheezing, coughing and awake all night. Then this morning he was barely able to keep his eyes open, and his one eye looks infected. He's got green coming out of his nose, the poor little guy. (she sent him here sick saying she had an appointment for him on the following Tuesday.)

I made it clear that her son was experiencing difficulties breathing, I have asthma and have raised two boys with asthma myself. She said she might bring him today. It's nuts. My son asked her what he should do in these situations where he's got the baby for the weekend and the baby gets sick, she said for him to call her and she'll take him. He told her he'd lose out on a visit. She told him that's not her fault.

So my son called and left a message with his lawyer so he can figure out what they need to do so he can have a copy of his sons medical card so he can take him into the doctors for visits on his own, because he doesn't like the idea of cutting his visit short. He wants to be a part of the entire parenting package and I give him credit for that. :)

Anyways, she knows my sons history with asthma and allergies, and she's a nurses aid, you'd think this girl would take the babies breathing issues a little more seriously. My son said he's intending on calling the law guardian also to report if she doesnt' take his son to the doctor. Would this be wise of him to do?

Just asking. He said he's doing it anyways lol...I pray he gets attention and help.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Lisa

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Misslisa1017]
      #203450 - 02/24/07 08:53 AM

Oh and I wanted to add, he did offer to take the lil guy to the doctors himself, she said no. So he is fuming.

hippie1981
veteran

Reged: 09/27/05
Loc: Wisconsin
      #203452 - 02/24/07 08:55 AM

I think I would have taken the baby to the ER anyways if he sounded that bad! Just put the mom down as responsible for the bill. She can always submit the insurance card after the fact. I believe anyways. Someone else will come along and correct me if that's not possible.

rocketgirl
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/24/04
Loc: On the beach in 14 years...
      #203453 - 02/24/07 08:57 AM

I would have taken him to the ER or urgent care myself. You know she probably will not take him until Tuesday. It doesn't sound like it is something that can wait. Call her later to see if she took him. Call her tomorrow to see if she took him. She sounds like an idiot.

--------------------
Lisa

Diplomacy - the art of telling someone to go to hell, and them looking forward to the trip.

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: rocketgirl]
      #203456 - 02/24/07 09:22 AM

My son said he's giving her three hours and then he's calling her and if she hasn't taken him he's offering to take him and she can come along if it makes her feel better.

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
      #203461 - 02/24/07 09:59 AM

I would NOT ask permission to take an OBVIOUSLY sick child to the doctor. He should have taken him to a weekend clinic OR to the ER himself. She can just use this as proof that he's not a capable parent.

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Avaya]
      #203463 - 02/24/07 10:07 AM

Avaya,

She just called and said she took him to the doctors, and that they said he's only got a cold and to prop his bedding and use a cool mist humidifier. He really is sicker than that, and I beleive that it's possible he wasn't taken to the doctors at all. I'd be shocked if he was. There is no way they told them about his fast breathing and wheezing then.
She's bringing him back,back here to my son and if he's still in bad shape my son is taking him over to the er later. Funny, how now she's had a lil freedom, she's liking it. So she's bringing him back.

He'll be seen today sometime by the ER for sure.

Thanks for your advice. I know it could come out making him look like he is incompetent, but he's really not. He just doesn't want to get in trouble with court and is trying so hard to communicate with her.
I have to be honest, my husband, advised my son and I not to go to the er, that we may not be able to get care for him because there is no proof that he's his father or he's his son. And unfortunatly that's true, not the treatment part but the proof part. The only thing we have right now I think is the paternity test results. And I'm not sure if that would stand.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad he's coming back....

Let you all know how things work out. In the mean time he's waiting for his lawyer to get back to him.

Lisa

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #203469 - 02/24/07 10:40 AM

My son had his son this weekend, but ended up sending the lil guy home, for lack of knowing what else to do.

---> Huh? You take the child to Urgent Care or the ER.

I made it clear that her son was experiencing difficulties breathing....

---> Don't you mean THEIR son?

My son asked her what he should do in these situations where he's got the baby for the weekend and the baby gets sick, she said for him to call her and she'll take him.

---> What he does is he calls Mom and tells her to meet him at Urgent Care or the ER.

---> Your son better pull his head out of his ass or he's NEVER going to get more Parenting Time than what he already has because he's obviously incapable of dealing with issues.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
Re: Grandson had to go home [Re: Gecko]
      #203474 - 02/24/07 10:59 AM

Well, I took my SD to the ER in November and they knew she wasn't my child but didn't ask for proof that I was authorized to bring her in nor did they ask where her bioparents were - they treated her with neither there.

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 09/03/05
      #203502 - 02/24/07 12:30 PM

Umm, anytime I have taken my children to the ER, they don't request a copy of the birth certificate. I give them the child's name, our address, phone number, insurance info, etc. And they see the child.

HOnestly, this REALLY makes your son look totally incompetent. If the child was really having the trouble breathing you day he was having, then he was 100% neglectful in not getting medical care for the child, whether or not mom agreed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6584

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: