Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
lifegoeson
addict

Reged: 12/27/06
Re: i feel ignored [Re: kate613]
      #204097 - 02/26/07 11:54 AM

I blew-up a picture of his ex, taped it to a dart board and keep it in the basement. Things get stressfull, I play darts. It is hard, but knowing you aren't like HER should be a load of relief. There is a site called 'dealing with the difficult ex'... didn't help me much, but it may help you.

--------------------
Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
      #204164 - 02/26/07 02:52 PM

Kate,

I give you a lot of credit for not walking away. I was with my x SO for 3 years and he ended our relationship because the stress of my custody battle was too much for him. I can tell you that I wish he had talked to me about how he felt, so please do that instead of assuming that your SO has too much on his plate to listen to you.

I was fighting for full placement from 50/50 after my x was arressted for possession of child p0rn. I ended up losing 2 months after my x SO left. I don't think I had ever felt so alone in my life. I don't know the story with his X's bf, but there are many reasons for someone to be labeled as a sex offender and if the courts don't think he's a danger to those girls they won't do a damn thing.

Anyway my advice is talk to him no matter how stressed you may think he is because it's much better than you getting so stressed that you just say "I can't take it anymore!"

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

Spring
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Re: i feel ignored [Re: lifegoeson]
      #204217 - 02/26/07 04:19 PM

Ha!! I was going to market an item similar to that!! LOL!! That and some voodoo dolls!!

--------------------
Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.

frustratedmother
recently joined

Reged: 02/22/07
      #204969 - 03/01/07 07:55 AM

I just wanted to share with you that I can relate to your situation somewhat...I am going through something similiar. The guy I am with is going through a custody battle with his X who is pretty crazy. There is quite a bit of drama. I totally understand where you are coming from...it is very hard! We actually have a very complicated story...that I will PM you that if what to hear it because I really don't want it out there for all to see! But just know that you can vent here...at least to me and I will understand...I have to vent a lot and no one really understands...I get a lot of the same responses you do!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2944

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: