Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
MommyAlisha
old hand

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: Wesy Virginia
Update
      #204255 - 02/26/07 05:47 PM

Just wanted to update everyone on what's going on because everyone was so helpful.
We dropped of the stuff for the baby Saturday. We even stopped and bought more. this is what we took: 4 jumbo packs of diapers (80 in each pack), 12 packs of wipes(2 cases of 6), 5 blanket sleepers, 2 packs of socks (6 pairs each pack), 8 outfits, a 3 pack of receiving blankets, 3 baby bath, 3 baby shampoo, 3 destin, 8 teethers, 5 cans of formula ($30 a can), and 6 rattles.
The mom called today and said that we could have brought more. Then she emailed me (not my hubby) and said that if we loved the baby we would have brought more. We have taken stuff and dropped it off every 2 weeks except this time it was 3 weeks because she said we couldn't come there.
In the email she also said that if she wins custody she don't care what the court says my hubby can't see the baby. She also said that if he wins she is going to leave the state with the baby when she gets him the first visit. She told my husband on the phone that if he loved his son he would leave me and be with her for his son.
Anyways just wanted everyone to know what's going on because you were so helpful.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
Re: Update [Re: MommyAlisha]
      #204264 - 02/26/07 06:02 PM

8 teethers? What's the kid going to do with that? Okay, just being snarky I guess.

Well, at least she said that in email. Print it TODAY so that it has today's time/date stamp on it and file it away for when you go to court. Make sure your lawyer gets a copy of it.

Just a suggestion, on the next 'drop off' I'd include some baby tylenol and some motrin and some mylacon. Those are expensive things that are needed sometimes on a moment's notice and are handy to have. It might help show that dad is concerned with the overall well being of his baby and not just the outer appearance.

Are y'all keeping receipts for these things?

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

agui667
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/23/06
Re: Update [Re: Avaya]
      #204268 - 02/26/07 06:13 PM

Next time bring more formula...Don't they go thru 1 can a day? Baby outfits aren't as important as food. Also, extra crib sheets never hurt. Also maybe a box of that "Dreft" laundry soap that they recommend. But overall, you did great. I hope it keeps up..

Moi
old hand

Reged: 05/28/05
Loc: DFW, TX
Re: Update [Re: agui667]
      #204274 - 02/26/07 06:26 PM

At $30 a can I certainly hope it is the powered kind that makes a lot more then a days worth!!!! Granted, I haven't done formula in a LONG time but man... if it is $30 a DAY to feed a baby..???? How can anyone afford them? LOL ;-)

After reading that list; I have this urge to start singing FIVE GOLDEN RINGS... four calling birds, three french hens and a partiridge in a pear tree!!!!!!!

--------------------
Every storm cloud has a silver lining. Will you capitalize on it or b*tch about the storm?

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Update [Re: Moi]
      #204277 - 02/26/07 06:33 PM

If it's $30 a can it will be a kind that's concentrated or most likely powdered, which will last a LOT longer than one day.

--------------------

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Update [Re: Avaya]
      #204279 - 02/26/07 06:34 PM

I have always said you can NEVER have too many crib sheets. I didn't go in for that expensive 'baby' detergent. I just used mild stuff like All-free liquid. I still use that since hubby & kids all have allergies and are sensitive. Plus it's inexpensive.

--------------------

luvable0110
enthusiast

Reged: 06/08/06
      #204304 - 02/26/07 07:38 PM

Make sure you keep that email as well with the threats to take the baby out of state and to keep him from seeing the baby. That will be good for you in court. Keep all of those type emails.

jil_stevens
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/31/06
      #204309 - 02/26/07 07:47 PM

Actually, Dreft is a "soap" and is not safe for baby things...you need to use something that is a "detergent." The "soap" ones will ruin the flame-retardent qualities of the clothes...

MommyAlisha
old hand

#204317 - 02/26/07 08:05 PM

He is on the powder. It usually takes 3 to 4 days to go through a can. Plus the baby is on WIC and that provides fromula and cereal.
When the baby had the ear infection we sent 2 bottles of Motrin haome with him along with the perscription. Plus before his first appointment for shots we sent a bottle of Tylenol because I always had it on hand when my kids had shots for possible fevers.
When the baby was born we went to the hospital. We took a complete Pooh bedding set with extras. The set had a comforter, sheet, and bumper. The extras were another sheet, mobil, diaper stacker, and a crib toy. They were all Pooh too.
We never thought to drop of detergant. Next time we will. Thanks!

MommyAlisha
old hand

#204320 - 02/26/07 08:08 PM

It was 8 teethers because they all came in a pack together. There's a teething blanket, 2 water filled teether rings, 1 filled with water shaped like a hand, 1 filled with water shaped like a foot, teething beads, a soft car shaped one, and a soft boat shaped one. They are really cute.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5345

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: