Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
ihavehope
journeyman

Reged: 01/31/06
Ex threatening custody change
      #203550 - 02/24/07 01:32 PM

It has been a while since I have been around. Things for the most part calmed down with my ex and he was pretty much leaving me alone. The last time I posted he was about to get married, which he did, and she left him a week later. Then in the latter part of 2006 he called crying saying that he was diagnosed as Bi-Polar and would be on leave from his job for 3 months. Fast forward to last week, I asked my husband to attend the quarterly teacher meeting for our 10yo because I could not get out of work. I arrive to pick the girls up from his home and he said "I need to talk to you" he then proceeds to say that he wants to keep our 10yo (didn't mention our 11yo)during the week and I could have her EOW. He said she isn't doing well in math (our DD has struggled with school since kindergarten!) and this has him very concerned. I told him this was completely out of left field and asked him WTH was going on. He said the drive isn't good for them either when they are with me (I live out of district) and this really bothers him. Just a few facts: We have been seperated divorced for FIVE years, we have 50/50 joint, states we make all decisions about their welfare together, with his address listed as primary address for school district/assignment purposes (that is verbatim in our decree), the girls are in 5th and 6th grade. He does this every so often, when he gets angry, he threatens to go for full custody or if he just wants to aggravate me. He showed up at my office unannounced, out of the blue that same day too. Two years ago, I would have cried for weeks, now, I just loose sleep! He also looks like he hasn't slept in a week and it may be his disease talking but, how easy would it be for him to get full custody?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Misslisa1017
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/18/06
Re: Ex threatening custody change [Re: ihavehope]
      #203563 - 02/24/07 02:11 PM

Sounds like he's just blowing smoke. And I doubt he'd get custody just like that. There would have to be some major changes going on to allow something like that. I think you can rest assured he's just trying to assert himself.

It's sad to see how people even after all this time, still just can't communicate. :( Hope all works out for you. I guess though, that it's our lack of communication that keeps the lawyers pockets lined.

ihavehope
journeyman

Reged: 01/31/06
Re: Ex threatening custody change UPDATE [Re: Misslisa1017]
      #209469 - 03/13/07 05:35 PM

This get's richer. My DD calls wanting to play volleyball and that tryouts are tonight. I told her no because her grades needed to be much better. She proceeds to call me four times from her Fathers phone begging and pleading and my ex is in the background telling her to talk and ask "nice". I told my ex that our child is 10yo and she does not get to make the decisions! He said, well her sister gets to play volleyball to which I reminded him that she is on the honor roll. He started rambling about "fair" and I told him that was a place to go get cotton candy! Last month he is soooo concerned about her grades to the point that he wants to have full custody to now allowing her to play volleyball regardless of her grades. Is this normal behavior??? Am I off base as a parent???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1845

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: