Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Grandparent Rights

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
TLent
recently joined

Reged: 03/20/07
Advise on this...worried grandma
      #212113 - 03/20/07 11:12 AM

My daughter who is 23, is going on a cruise out of the country in a couple of weeks. She is insisting that she "has to go" on this vacation( out of the country no less). She is leaving for 8 days! My main issue are that she doesn't have a set babysitter for her 6month old. I was informed and not asked if I could take the baby. I work full time at a medical facility and cannot take that time off(maybe late summer will be ok). The father of the baby is going with her and he doesn't really want to. She may leave the baby with a friend of hers that is working at night. My daughter does not seem concerned if her baby is left or with who. I feel like she is trying to manplitate
me into taking her. I may loose my job over this. My daughter says "oh well" then don't take the baby.
I am very worried about this....any advise?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Renee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: The Palmetto State
Re: Advise on this...worried grandma [Re: TLent]
      #212607 - 03/20/07 08:43 PM

If you're certain that you've made your position clear, there's not much else you can do except to simply not be home when she would go to drop off the baby. You've told her no, you've told her why, you've repeated it ___# of times.... it sounds like you've done everything you can to make your point.

She was big girl enough to have the baby, hopefully she's big girl enough to make child care arrangements. Since she hasn't asked you to do it for her, you've done everything you can and will have to trust she's got it under control.

tsl
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/24/04
      #216908 - 03/29/07 02:59 PM

Just a thought but, what about day care? and the baby's parents pay for it while you are at work? Do they both work and already have child care?

--------------------
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can keep them out of the way."

BeckaLeigh
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/08/05
Loc: Texas
      #221052 - 04/11/07 07:25 AM

I would tell your daughter that once you have kids, it is not all about what YOU want. It is about what is best for your child. Your life is no longer you rown. As for leaving a 6 mo old baby for 8 days, that is absurd to me. Sounds like your daughter is more irresponsible than she should be. If you are going to lose your job over this, dont do it. Unless you have a reason other than the friend works nights, why not let her take care of the baby when you cant, or even the whole time?

--------------------
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.

nana2jesse
recently joined

Reged: 06/11/07
Re: Advise on this...worried grandma [Re: BeckaLeigh]
      #248878 - 06/12/07 11:40 AM

I also have a young daughter that has a baby,my daughter is only 20 years old and I told her when she insisted she was ready to have kids that she would be the one to take care of them.My children were taken care of by me and if I went somewhere they went with me or I didn't go.Tell your daughter that you will not lose your job because she want's to have a fun vacation.Tell her that you raised her and now it's her time to raise your granddaugher.That's why so many children are being raised by Grandparents is because the kids don't want to raise them when they realize it's not an easy job.Grandparents need to be grandparents and enjoy their grandchilden without having to be their parents.

noraj
recently joined

Reged: 02/16/08
Re: Advise on this...worried grandma [Re: nana2jesse]
      #361610 - 02/16/08 02:38 AM

please do not loose your job over her baby.she needs to grow up.do not let her manipulate you.you siund like a wonderful peson.let her go on her trip.if she leaves the child with the wrong person the welfare will be called if ther are any problems.tell her you know of someone she could leave the baby with if you do .noraj

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4204

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: