Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

State Specific Community Forums >> Texas Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
magster
recently joined

Reged: 07/06/07
Re: relocation [Re: chueygrl]
      #258629 - 07/06/07 11:35 PM

The bottom line is you had kids with him and he has a right to be with them. His relationship with the kids is just as important to the kids as yours.

Seems to me your B/F should move to Texas. Why are you rearanging your life and disrupting the lives of your kids for him?

Why do you think the only reason he wants you to stay is because he doenst want you to be with your B/F??? Maybe he just wants to be with his kids!!!

If your ex files for an order to restrict you and then files to modify or even for custody are you prepaired to give him the kids?

Most judges especially in Dallas will give the kids to the father because it is in their best intrest not to have their lives disrupted by being taken from their father and their friends just because you want to be with your B/F...

Sorry to be so harsh but I have been around this block myself and judges are not predictable. Fathers rights have been advocated for a long time and judges are starting to pay attention. In the old days moms got the kids unless they were abusive and even then it had to be really bad. In todays judical climate dads are getting custody more often because judges have decided that being the mother doesnt automatically make you the best parent and dads are getting custody more and more often...

So the choices are simple ask your B/F to move to Texas or be prepaired to give the ex the kids, because there is a really good chance he can get them through the courts...

Also, you really need to put yourself in his shoes...what if you only got to see your kids on holidays and a few weeks in the summer???

What you think is reasonalbe is really very selfish on your part. My ex hasnt seen his child in 14 years by his choice and I would give anything to have had him in my sons life..you and your kids are extremely lucky that dad wants to be a dad.. :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
recoveryroad2
recently joined

Reged: 02/03/08
Re: relocation [Re: magster]
      #356621 - 02/05/08 12:43 PM

"Seems to me your B/F should move to Texas. Why are you rearanging your life and disrupting the lives of your kids for him?"

Exactly...all I can think is "poor kids" to be moved around like that.

Your ex messed up being being put in prison. He possibly does not want you to move where he will NOT get to see the kids the few times that he has already. Your boyfriend can move to Tx...only morally right thing to do for the kids. Period.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6079

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: