Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Life After Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
LadyBugRN
veteran

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Virginia
Re: Stranger than fiction... [Re: Debi]
      #273039 - 08/08/07 05:21 PM

I don't know what they expect? My exH thinks after all this time, all he's done, that one nice e-mail and he has the right to ask me to keep him "informed" about my life. I think your exSO and my exH were cut from the same cloth. Yes, we are in control on this end of things and they have no rights left!

I just got a call from my dad, AFTER he got out of the hospital... He has been in there for the last 2 days and no one called me to tell me. He lives in Vermont, I in Virginia. I'm upset and hurt by my step-mother that she didn't call, regardless if he asked her not to. It seems he went in with heart attack symptoms, starting having chest pain while mowing the lawn and two nitro tablets didn't help. Off he went in the ambulance. If something had happened to him, I wouldn't have found out until afterwards. He said he didn't want to worry me. My stress level just jumped way up!

Lori

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
Re: Stranger than fiction... [Re: LadyBugRN]
      #273117 - 08/08/07 07:39 PM

My mom is the same way, Lori. Her thought is that if something does happen there's nothing I can do anyway. *sigh*. She doesn't get that she'd KILL me if I did the same to her!

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

LadyBugRN
veteran

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Virginia
Re: Stranger than fiction... [Re: Debi]
      #273181 - 08/08/07 10:40 PM

Debi,

You know, either way it has totally unsettled and worried me. I'd rather have known. Ugh! If something should have happened to him in all of this and I didn't get to talk to him one last time, tell him I love him one more time, I'd be tortured by that forever. I think I have the right to have that option. I spoke with my step-mother tonight and begged her one more time for her to please just call me next time. We've had this conversation at least 5 times now. She and I get along well and I was very nice about it. On the inside I was livid, but never let her know it. My dad would also be very upset if I did the same to him, but getting him to understand that, seems to be a lost cause. I'm not sure what to do about it now, except I think I am going to send an e-mail to him, saying pretty much what I just wrote here too.

Lori

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."

PrairieGirl
recently joined

Reged: 01/26/07
Re: Stranger than fiction... [Re: LadyBugRN]
      #273659 - 08/10/07 12:24 AM

Lori,

Congratulations on graduating and passing your boards!

Itís been a long haul but youíve made it to one of your goals. Thru difficult times (family, financial, relationships) you have continued to move forward to a better and brighter future. I used to post on the old board and I think itís hard for you to see it when you are living it but the strength and growth youíve shown is inspiring (just like PR said).

PrairieGirl

Melanie1
addict

Reged: 12/09/05
Hi there PrairieGirl !!! [Re: PrairieGirl]
      #275629 - 08/14/07 05:06 PM

Getting ready to head out the door and close up shop when I saw your screen name and had to take a minute to say hello!

Hope all is going well with you. If you get a chance, post an update. I'm sure some of the other oldtimers would love to hear from you as well as myself!

Things are fine here. A few bumps in the road now and again, and occassionaly the X can still get to me, but doing well for the most part.

Glad to see you and take care :).

Melanie

--------------------
The journey of a 1,000 miles begins with a single step. Lao Tzu

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2382

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: