Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Life After Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
1004SRS
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/11/06
Re: Old and Divorced (after long marriage) [Re: Melanie1]
      #275160 - 08/13/07 05:31 PM

Well, I am 38 (39 in October). But, I thought I'd chime in about Boulder. I grew up a few miles from there. A lot to do. A lot for singles. My brother is looking for a job in that area. Very expensive compared to my small midwestern town. Not so expensive for my brother who lives in upstate NY.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Badasp
addict

Reged: 06/04/07
Loc: AZ
Re: Old and Divorced (after long marriage) [Re: 1004SRS]
      #275224 - 08/13/07 08:04 PM

I don't think I would live in Boulder although it is pretty I agree with you that it's very expensive. I'd probably go for one of the neighboring towns. That's a long shot at this point but there are alot of singles and they seem much less concerned about the crap I hear in Scottsdale. Here the first questions are,

1) What do you do for a living
2) Are you financially independent
3) What kind of car do you drive
4) what neighborhood do you live in
5) What are you going to buy me

And if you want to know how a 49 year old can look like she is 30, just ask her about her breast augmentation, her lipo sucked waist, hips and legs, her face lift, eye lids, tummy tuck and vaneers on her teeth that are so white they burn the retnas in my eyes from the glare. No wonder I can't find anyone normal, they are all so made up they have lost touch with reality. But I guess to their defense, some guy will want people to stare at his trophy. Just not me...

Patrice
addict

Reged: 07/21/06
Re: Old and Divorced (after long marriage) [Re: Badasp]
      #275296 - 08/13/07 09:50 PM

Hey Bad, If you have so many "repaired" women in your area, don't you get used to it and start to notice (sadly) the ones who let nature do its thing?

As an example, with the ease of teeth whitening now, (still don't like the flourescent look) it's almost more noticeable to see the non-whitened and less pretty teeth. I like the whiter look but still try to keep it believable.

Kind of like when I watch Dr. 90210 (yes, I confess), I sometimes start to feel kind of small even though I had always been pretty content with what God gave me.

I guess it's good that you see through the fakeness and pretensiousness, if that's a word. I just would expect that living in a place for a while, one would come to think of that as "normal". Good for you--keep it real. . .

--------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Edited by Patrice (08/13/07 09:52 PM)

Badasp
addict

Re: Old and Divorced (after long marriage) [Re: Patrice]
      #275309 - 08/13/07 10:03 PM

I don't get out that much but when I do I am surprised by the "beverly hills attitude" of many of the men and women. I'm not sure who is fooling who but there is alot of gamesmanship going on trying to impress the other sex. It's quite a show and very entertaining to watch. I'll stick to meeting women through work and travel.

And I have to admit Patrice, the reparied ones do look great, I prefer the natural beauty but I guess there is nothing wrong with a little nip tuck to help the impact of birthing children. Just don't go Phyllis Diller.

Melanie1
addict

Reged: 12/09/05
      #275403 - 08/14/07 08:29 AM

Bad,

Sounds like you need to get the heck out of Scottsdale. Maybe move a few towns over? Or at least go out of town to socialize and maybe then you'll meet someone normal :).

Melanie

--------------------
The journey of a 1,000 miles begins with a single step. Lao Tzu

willybillie
enthusiast

Reged: 05/19/06
      #275413 - 08/14/07 09:06 AM

Wish some of those Scottsdale women would come to Cleveland. We could use a transition of women here. Went to a POF(Plenty of Fish..Its the largest "free" single website In USA),function this past Sat. and the average woman (10 there) was 5'6 and about 200lbs. Enough said.

I have come to the conclusion after attending about 20 single functions that ""ALL"" the attractive, decent looking, average, ladies are not going to single functions.

Wonder how things are on the other side of the world..LOL..

ljnsy
old hand

Reged: 03/08/06
Loc: NH
      #275422 - 08/14/07 09:34 AM

"How about just having fun, dinners, movies, maybe after a while go on a weekend trip together. Where are those types? Can't seem to find them!"

I'm right here!!!! ;) Ha!

--------------------
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." --
Oscar Wilde

Badasp
addict

Re: Old and Divorced (after long marriage) [Re: ljnsy]
      #275449 - 08/14/07 10:12 AM

Trust me, that's exactly what I'm looking for and they are few and far between. Alot of the ones I have had short conversatons with seem focused on the next guy they want to marry instead of just seeing what happens if there is a connection and a desire to go on a date in the first place. They act as if you don't satisify all the requirements of the husband they are looking for, why waste the time. The nickname for Scottsdale is "Snobsdale"

My view is why would I want to invest any of my time to show what a great guy I am if all they want is financial security, they could give a crap what the guy looks like or what he's made of!

Pretty shallow huh? My company is head quartered here and I work in the executive office so moving out of state is not in the cards. I am looking for a place to buy in another area of Phoenix, maybe that will change things.

Edited by Badasp (08/14/07 10:12 AM)

Curmudgeon
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: MO Ozarks
Re: Old and Divorced (after long marriage) [Re: kav]
      #275459 - 08/14/07 10:22 AM

After I divorced, the idea of dating in the 90s scared the hell out of me since I hadn't done so since the 60s and you're right, things have changed.

Thankfully, I chose wisely with the first date and everything fell into place. I attribute a lot of that to the fact that she is only two years younger than I am.

ljnsy
old hand

Reged: 03/08/06
Loc: NH
      #275467 - 08/14/07 10:33 AM

I do ask questions such as "What do you do for a living?" but it's not for any other reason but for conversation sake. I am usually asked that question first! hehe It is usually after I tell HIM what I do that I reciprocate with the same question.

I have no interest in marrying anyone at this time and I'm sure there must be many other women who feel the same. I don't care how much someone makes at this time because I don't plan to get THAT involved. Maybe some day I will but I see no reason not to simply go out and have fun.

--------------------
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." --
Oscar Wilde

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2668

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: