Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
melburgess36
recently joined

Reged: 10/29/07
Trying to make life better
      #312567 - 10/29/07 12:44 PM

Here is my story,
I was divorced in November of 2006
As things are now me and my ex husband share joint custody of our 8 year old daughter, Lauren Elizabeth Burgess. He pays no child support, we share her expenses, school tuition, clothes, medical out of pocket and necessities. He has Lauren on his medical insurance through work. My job offers no benefits. We share visitations. He has her on his days off with his schedule that is 2 days off, 2 days on, and every other weekend. We work out holidays swapping them out.

Last year I met a guy and we talked alot but didn't commit to a relationship till after my divorce was final. we have been together over a year and are now engaged. Problem is his main home is in California and mine is in Louisiana. He was able to be here for the most part but now he received a promotion and doesn't have to travel anymore for his job. He makes over 125,000.00 a year and wants us to get married.
me and my ex have a wonderful 8 year old daughter but we share joint custody.
I want her to move out of state with me.
Were we live at our schools are horrible, crime rate is a 7 and there is no jobs or money. I make around 25,000.00 a year. My fiance's company offered me a job making 45,000.00 . he owns his house and with our salary makes us over 160,000. a year. I have put together a patetion for the courts showing how the move will improve My daughters life, income, schools, opportunities , crime rate, and all. I am trying to seek a attorney but my funds arent there yet. My fiance wants to pay for it, but I feel bad asking for that.
I have 2 other children from a previous marriage and have custody of them and they will be moving with me.

My ex husbands works a month of nights and a month of days , he leaves very early in the morning and comes home late in the evenings, I don't see how he can take care of her on a full time basis.
My offer to my ex husband extended this :

1. I WILL SET UP A CAM ON THE COMPUTER SO dad AND daughter CAN TALK AND STILL SEE EACH OTHER. DAD ALREADY HAS A COMPUTER I WILL EVEN BUY THE CAM FOR HIM ALSO SO THEY HAVE (SITE AND VOICE). TELEPHONE OFTEN, WE WILL TAKE THE LONG DISTANCE EXPENSE AND I WILL WORK WITH HIM ON THE TIME ZONE DIFFERENCE AND HIS WORK SCHEDULE. GIVEN UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES( ELECTRICITY OUTAGES, ETC. ) WITH CELL PHONES THIS SHOULD BE FAIRLY EASY. SHE CAN KEEP ALSO WRITE HIM LETTERS AND SEND CARDS.
2. I WILL KEEP (DAD) INFORMED OF HER PROGRESS IN SCHOOL, EITHER THREW PHONE, EMAIL, OR MAILING THINGS TO HIM. I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP A OPEN COMMUNICATION WITH (dad) TO DISCUSS OUR DAUGHTERS NEEDS AND THINGS HAPPENING IN HER LIFE SO HE WILL ALWAYS BE INVOLVED.
3. KEEP HIM UPDATED ON HER ACTIVITIES SHE IS INVOLVED IN.(RELIGION ETC. )
4. MAJOR DECISIONS THAT WILL EFFECT OUR DAUGHTER HE WILL HAVE INPUT WITH AND BE INVOLVED.
5. WITH CALIFORNIA SCHOOLS THERE ARE MANY BREAKS IN THERE SCHEDULES FOR HER TO VISIT: THEY ARE AS FOLLOW: THIS IS EVERY YEAR.
NOVEMBER: FOR THANKSGIVING FOR A WEEK (8DAYS)
DECEMBER AND JANUARY: FOR CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS HOLIDAY (16 DAYS) THAT ARE CONSECUTIVE. WHICH THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL TRY TO COME TO PLAQUEMINE FOR A FEW DAYS SO WE CAN HAVE CHRISTMAS TOGETHER.
APRIL: SPRING BREAK (8 DAYS)
JUNE TILL SEPTEMBER : (SUMMER) SCHOOL ENDS IN JUNE AND THERE RETURN IS IN SEPTEMBER.
6. I WILL ALSO GET OUR DAUGHTER A ADDRESS BOOK, SO WE CAN GET ALL OF HER FRIENDS ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS, SO SHE CAN KEEP UP CONTACT WITH THEM PHONE, OR LETTERS. IF SHE WISHES
7. I DO NOT INTEND ON MOVING THE KIDS TILL THIS SCHOOL SESSION IS DONE, I WOULDN’T WANT TO SWITCH SCHOOLS IN THE MIDDLE OR TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR.
8. DAD IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME AND VISIT HER ANYTIME HE WANTS TO I WOULD NOT PREVENT HIM FROM SEEING HIS DAUGHTER!
BOTH OF HER BROTHERS ARE ALSO MOVING WITH US.

I WILL ALSO PAY FOR THE FLIGHTS FOR OUR DAUGHTER.

I HAVE PRINTED ALL THE MATERIALS TO SUPPORT SCHOOLS, CRIME RATES, BETTER AREA, AND BETTER INCOME TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE FOR ME AND MY CHILDREN

I KNOW I HAVE A 50/50 CHANCE WITH THIS. BUT WITH ALL OF THIS HOW WOULD THE COURTS WAY IT. HAS ANYONE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE. I AM SO NERVOUS. DOES IT EVEN REMOTELY SOUND LIKE I HAVE A GOOD CHANCE AT THIS. I WOULD LOVE SOME INPUT ON THIS .... ALSO HIS PARENTS ARE TRYING TO TURN MY DAUGHTER AGAINS ME, TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD IN HER EYES.. WHAAT ARE THERE RIGHTS !!

Edited by melburgess36 (10/29/07 01:08 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2667

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: