Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

State Specific Community Forums >> Illinois Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
eitsirk
recently joined

Reged: 06/18/07
Am I wrong or right?
      #250941 - 06/18/07 08:51 AM

I try to be open minded but I don't know how to think and sometimes, it's eaiser to see things from a different point of view when it's an outsiders opinion so here goes...
If there's such a thing as a good divorce, I had one with my ex. My now husband had a terrible divorce with his ex...she still takes us to court every 4 or 5 months. In thier divorce, he didn't think that she was entitled to 1/2 of everything (money)...the courts thought she was, so he feels like she screwed him. I guess I'm kindof old fashioned and believe that when your married, everything is joint. And if you don't want to take that chance then you shouldn't get married. We're not getting divorced but I can't get passed the "his" and "ours" things. In the past 4 years that we've been married, we(he) have bought and sold several properties and auto's which some of them have been financed. The monthly pmts comes from "our" money. But when they are sold, the profit goes to "his" account. Both of our names have been on all of the loans but the deeds have been in my name only-he thinks that his ex will try to get them if his name is one them...we have done it like this for the past 4 yrs. Recently we sold everything and decided to purchase some land in another state-he was very adiment on my name not being on it. He's a very controlling person and if I need money he'll give it to me..."all I gotta do is ask". When I got divorced 8 yers ago, I never once had a bad attitude towards men or marriage and it always made me mad when I'd hear people down the oppisite sex or marriage just because there's didn't work out. Marriage is a wonderful thing...or is supposed to be anyway. Now, my husband has made me a very bitter person and ruined me on marriage because of MONEY and I hate that and I don't know how to get over it. I even went to a shrink the first year we were married trying to deal with it or trying to understand his perception on it vs. mine. I am contemplating leaving him...life is too short not to be happy. I guess my question is am I entitled to 1/2 whether my name is on it or not? And in Illinois the child support is 28% for 2 kids. He has 1 with his ex and 1 w/me. Does that mean that she gets her 20% for thier child and I'd recieve 8% for our daughter?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lynn2007
recently joined

Reged: 10/25/07
Re: Am I wrong or right? [Re: eitsirk]
      #313330 - 10/30/07 12:03 PM

You are right it's 28% for two kids. But only by the same mother/father. His first child is receiving 20%. They take whatever is left after the first 20% and your daughter gets 20% of that. That's how it was explained to me. I hope this helps you!

emilar
enthusiast

Reged: 06/11/06
Re: Am I wrong or right? [Re: Lynn2007]
      #314121 - 10/31/07 01:41 PM

You are right life is too short and children don't deserve to be unhappy any of it no matter who is wrong. the previous poster is right, your child is entitled to 20% of the net minus first childs cut.

--------------------
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2177

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: