Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Helping Your Child(ren)

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Did you notice... [Re: Shanie]
      #3184 - 10/12/04 12:37 AM

...that the psots ENDED back in AUGUST? Do you EVER add anything to the conversation?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Shanie
journeyman

Reged: 10/09/04
Loc: KC
Re: Did you notice... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #3241 - 10/12/04 06:58 PM

Point being, you never followed up when 2 other parents noted the same reaction from their kids. What does the endig date ahve to do with anything? Are you wishing the post away?

Edited by Shanie (10/12/04 08:02 PM)

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
Re: Did you notice... [Re: Shanie]
      #3273 - 10/13/04 12:03 PM

Good Lord! Maybe he did feel that there was a NEED to respond, maybe he forgot about the thread. What's the big deal anyway?

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

Onyx
old hand

Reged: 08/03/04
Loc: Buffalo NY
Re: Yes you DID [Re: Shanie]
      #3305 - 10/14/04 03:26 AM

Yes, I thought so too. LOL Typical though. Really typical. Something about him sets him apart from Eric though. I think gr8dad has some redeeming qualities when he wants to. <sigh> Off to work. I have much to catch up on here at this site, and will do so tonight. Blessings, Onyx

--------------------
"Don't Make Me Get My Flying Monkeys"

sparky
enthusiast

Reged: 11/16/04
Re: Yes you DID [Re: Shanie]
      #4278 - 11/17/04 08:46 AM

if your still checking replys:
cut your losses, if he doesn't want to be a father, why force your child to make him one. how can you feel safe letting him spend time with someone who doesn't want to be with him. a child doesn't NEED a mother or father. a child NEEDS love. don't force the issue.

movingon
recently joined

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: New Jersey
Re: Yes you DID [Re: sparky]
      #4700 - 11/28/04 09:41 AM

Onyx, I'm with you. My 3 year old son is constantly saying goodbye to "daddy" when he should be saying goodbye to me. He always prefers me and anything I give him or do to anything his father does or gives. My ex is a wonderful father, (not husband) and neither one of us has ever given him reason to take sides, but after we separated my son became much more attached to me. Toddlers have a very strong sense of abandonment and if your ex doesn't show his face, your son most likely feels abandoned by him. I say, forget the ex and move forward with your son. Just be sure not to fall into the trap of negativity regarding his father. Try to be strong. I think you can. God Bless.

Onyx
old hand

Reged: 08/03/04
Loc: Buffalo NY
Re: Yes you DID [Re: movingon]
      #4701 - 11/28/04 09:50 AM

((((Thank you)))) I have come to terms with it. I do not and will not bad mouth him infront of either of my kids (my 13 year old has a great father, and step mother... he wont even bad mouth my ex to my 3 year old... we have talked about it and he agrees to keep his opinions to himself, and be there for his brother and not hurt him) The baby is doing fine, rarely asks about his Father, when he does, I tell him..... "I dont know sweetie, but I do know that Daddy loves you." I got away from telling him that Daddy was sick, because as an afterthought, I realized that I was causing the baby some worry about his Father. He doesnt like it when I am sick, and hugs me to make me feel better. I didnt want him to feel as if his Father was sick, and he couldnt hug him, or make him worry about it. So, the "I dont know, and he loves you" will have to do for now. Thanks for the support movingon, and to the rest of you too. Blessings, Onyx

--------------------
"Don't Make Me Get My Flying Monkeys"

aussie928
old hand

Reged: 10/29/04
Loc: Dallas
Re: Yes you DID [Re: Onyx]
      #4708 - 11/28/04 11:47 AM

Onyx luv, you sound like a really great mom. Doctors tell you not to make excuses for either parent, dont badmouth them but dont protect them either. So you are hadnling this very well. As to Gr8dad saying three year olds dont know this, couldnt be more wrong. I often think we are more intune at 3 then 30. When my daughter was three she would only go to her one grandparents house every 3 or 4 months as they lived out of town. She knew exactly where her toys were kept there and knew exactly where the dog treats were kept. They have incredible memories at that age.

Diane67
enthusiast

Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: California
Re: Yes you DID [Re: aussie928]
      #4721 - 11/28/04 12:57 PM

Kids know more than we realize. Things we do (or don't do) as adults will also have a profound affect on them. Keep this in mind when dealing with children of all ages.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9759

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: