Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Men's Rights

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Beth
recently joined

Reged: 10/28/04
Hi Guys!
      #3717 - 10/28/04 02:08 AM

I hope I wont get in trouble for coming into the Guys Room, but I wanted your perspective. My ex-boyfriend who I had a child with when I was 19, about two and a half years ago recently did the whole paternity, child support visitation thing. We both had attorneys, went through the courts, etc. He did a couple months of supervised to establish a relationship with her and its going pretty well. I am trying to keep it really positive for my daughter and encourage her to spend time with him. I wanted some advice from you on how to make this work. I know I need to get rid of the bad feelings I have for hime from when he dumped me when I was pregnant. We were young and dumb and I'm working on that. I am very apprehensive of him having home visitation due to past drug and alcohol abuse. But he seems to have changed and I want to honor his rights. What can I do to make this work??? Thanks for all your help, Beth

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Eric
old hand

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: USA
Re: Hi Guys! [Re: Beth]
      #3723 - 10/28/04 08:14 AM

www.DivorceAsFriends.com can give you ideas how to qualm your anger, not let it get inflamed again and to start over with a fresh attituded.

The Quick Facts pages of the FIRM site will give you an insight on what the odds are of not having a BOTH parents involved in your child's life. It is not a role model. It is bio parent that makes the difference.

Then, read the FAQ's about joint parenting and parenting plans. You will find that your child will be better off emotionally and intellectually with BOTH parents involved in their life.

So, if you truly care about your child, stop making it personal. Do what is best for the child regardless of your own problems with your ex. Your child will feel the vibes from you and act accordingly. Learn to control your emotions.

Eric
www.FIRMncp.com

--------------------
Equality is not a difficult concept

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
One question for you... [Re: Beth]
      #3741 - 10/28/04 04:50 PM

If you were still together, would you require him to be supervised when spending time with the child? If not, why are you doing it now?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Beth
recently joined

Reged: 10/28/04
Re: Hi Guys! [Re: Beth]
      #3821 - 11/01/04 04:05 AM

I never brought up the supervised thing. The judge ordered it since he had never seen her and had past drug/alcohol issues.I had no say over it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1695

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: