Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Men's Rights

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
FreedomFlghter
enthusiast

Reged: 08/17/07
Harassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS
      #391516 - 04/18/08 12:48 PM

This is too much. Don't get me wrong, but this is taking "political correctness" to a new level even though I can understand the woman's "uneasiness" over the situation (if true).

If you like the idea of a "nanny state," then you will love the potential of what this train passenger incurred via the "wrath of the government." If you love, understand, appreciate and savor freedom, then you will understand why we need to stop this insanity for it will be here, in this country/your country before to long...

Now (no pun intended), go to jail for looking.

Sick, sick, sick.

"What are you starin' at?"
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17am EDT Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page| Recommend (1) [-] Text [+]
powered by Sphere
Featured Broker sponsored link
LECCO, Italy (Reuters) - An Italian man was given a suspended jail sentence for staring too intensely at a woman sitting in front of him on a train.

A judge sentenced the man in his 30s, whose name was not revealed, to 10 days in prison and a 40 euro ($63) fine after a 55-year old woman filed a complaint for sexual harassment.

His lawyer said on Friday he would appeal the sentence. The court will explain its verdict later.

The two met on two separate occasions in 2005 on a commuter train going from Lecco, a town in northern Italy, to Milan.

The first time, the man sat next to the woman but she felt he had moved too close for comfort. The next day, the man sat in front of the same woman and according to her complaint, stared at her for the whole journey.

The two did not speak.

(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi; Editing by Catherine Evans)

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN1845257120080418?feedType=nl&feedName=usoddlyenough

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MaritimeGuy
addict

Reged: 04/15/08
Re: Harrassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS [Re: FreedomFlghter]
      #391521 - 04/18/08 12:54 PM

What about the woman's right to ride the train without being made to feel uncomfortable by being ogled by a total stranger?

FreedomFlghter
enthusiast

Reged: 08/17/07
Re: Harrassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS [Re: MaritimeGuy]
      #391525 - 04/18/08 01:00 PM

I agree with you, MaritimeGuy.

However, what's to prevent any woman (or guy) to make the complaint about YOU?

Think about it.

Do you know how much it costs to defend oneself in a court of law?

You can't tell me that you have never looked at a woman (or a guy if homosexual).

Grant it, most of us avert our eyes when confronted, but then again, we are told that if the woman likes it, it is OK.

Would it make any difference if the woman was wearing see through or cropped clothing? What about if she was purposefully wearing a low cut blouse that showed off ample cleavage?

Where do we draw the line?

Me? Any unwanted touching, but then again, we have the same problems. When did the unwanted touching start? After her zipperless f uck (not trying to be gross here, but I personally have experienced this).

Just when and why can a woman say no, but a man cannot?

No. No matter how uncomfortable for a woman (or man-just ask SuperEric about this-he's stared at all the time and it is not comfortable for him), that is NOT the line to draw in the sand...

MaritimeGuy
addict

Re: Harrassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS [Re: FreedomFlghter]
      #391530 - 04/18/08 01:10 PM

Like most things in life the interpretation of how far is too far is problematic. I believe all of us at one time or another have sneaked a peek at an attractive member of the opposite sex. When someone's really hot we're likely to sneak more than one.

However to do so openly for an entire train ride? I have to agree that's going too far.

It must be a European thing. 20 years ago in Europe my ex had the same thing happen to her. The guy openly leared at her the whole train ride even grabbing his crotch and sticking his tongue out at her.

CAFather
journeyman

Reged: 10/23/07
      #391537 - 04/18/08 01:15 PM

Problematic, I agree.

Uncomfortable, I agree.

But, to live in a free society, one has to accept things like this and try not put themselves into such situations.

How? Like you said, problematic.

But, the person did not do anything to the woman, except stare.

There is no law to take such pictures of a situation like this. So, why should there be a punishment?

We have to draw that line in the sand someplace, but surely waaaaay beyond staring.

OldGladiator

Reged: 04/13/08
Re: Harrassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS [Re: CAFather]
      #391550 - 04/18/08 01:28 PM

When a person is looking at 5 or more years in jail, it is so much easier and less costly to just plea bargain. This is how it works in most countries. Plea bargain or pay the money (at least $25,000 to defend oneself and easily over $300,000).

How often have you sat some place thinking your thoughts and not realizing that you could be accused of staring when you were not, nor even thinking about the person in your general line of vision?

No. This is wrong.

It is wrong to purposefully stare, but wrong from a criminal viewpoint. Nope. Never. It is just too easy for some butch cut, 5 X 5 femin-azi to make false allegations just because she does not like men and practices misandry in her day to day life like so many of the femin-azi PIGS of this site.

MaritimeGuy
addict

Re: Harrassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS [Re: OldGladiator]
      #391561 - 04/18/08 01:46 PM

[quote]It is wrong to purposefully stare, but wrong from a criminal viewpoint. Nope. Never. It is just too easy for some butch cut, 5 X 5 femin-azi to make false allegations just because she does not like men and practices misandry in her day to day life like so many of the femin-azi PIGS of this site. [/quote]

Who would stare at such a woman anyhow? ;-)

Seriously though, are you suggesting any law that has the potential to be abused should be struck down? That would eliminate pretty much every law on the books.

There's always going to be people out there on all sides that abuse the law. However that doesn't make the principle any less valid.

The guy should have used an iota of common sense and kept his staring discreet. Then it's a win win all around. He can fantasize about her while she's blissfully unaware.

WhosTheCutest
enthusiast

Reged: 08/20/07
      #391566 - 04/18/08 01:51 PM

It's not like we don't understand (if the woman is telling the truth), but you have defeated your own argument, MaritimeGuy.

We don't know enough of the facts to really come to a clear conclusion. But, we do know that however uncomfortable it is to be stared at, it is just plain wrong to lock some guy up for looking in the direction of a woman as he is thinking about a math problem, the fight he had with his stbx and etc.

No. Staring, no matter how comfortable, brings in the "thought police" and that is a barrier we should not cross...

--------------------
Who's The Cutest?

That hater and slayer of feminazi PIGS!

Off with their freak'n heads!

MaritimeGuy
addict

Re: Harrassment: In the name of the femin-azi PIGS [Re: WhosTheCutest]
      #391568 - 04/18/08 01:54 PM

Well I think we disagree on this one. No shame in that...that's what a free society is all about.

I'm afraid though you guys are just going to have to get used to it cause that's the direction we're headed. Like it or not.

WhosTheCutest
enthusiast

Reged: 08/20/07
      #391575 - 04/18/08 02:01 PM

The title of this forum is called Men's Rights.

If you have not noticed, when not attacked in other forums, our rhetoric is quite different from this forum.

We like to think that in a Men's Rights forum that we can be blunt, to the point and complain about the atrocities perpetuated upon the male gender.

Kinda like a "guys only" place to bi tch and moan.

I know that I don't like having to have to watch what I state in a Men's environment.

And, bottom line? The Men's Rights forum in my opinion should be like the above and more importantly, a place where we can share what is going on in the world and counter "the direction that we are headed whether or not we like that direction (and we don't).

Read the UPREPA proposal, get on the band wagon and help stop these atrocities that the black robes of mommy court order via governmental intrusion to not only erode, but erase our God given rights as immortalized in our Constitution (or similar documents of all so called, "free nations.").

We post stuff like this not to complain, but to incite others into action to either join us or join a group that is more in line with their thinking, but to change the laws as we continually sink into Orwellian double speak.

--------------------
Who's The Cutest?

That hater and slayer of feminazi PIGS!

Off with their freak'n heads!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 13596

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: