Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: I don't think he has any say [Re: DeeCan]
      #392479 - 04/21/08 08:08 PM

[quote]Doesn't matter if she has paid her part or not, if it is owed they can attach it to his arrearages. BTDT

What a loser. He's already got a hell of an arrearage, what's the big deal if they tack the meds on??!! Besides, not like he'll pay them anyway.

Do you even have room to bytch about the meds when you're that far behind in CS and haven't even ATTEMPTED to make it right?!! Some people apparently think so!!! [/quote]

I've BTDT too and they couldn't because my debt was to the doctor, not the ex. Although I agree he doesnt have a leg to stand on with the medical stuff considering.

And yes, it does matter if she paid her portion. It matters huge because they wont issue a judgement until her portion is completely paid, ALSO BTDT

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
Re: I don't think he has any say [Re: Relayer]
      #392505 - 04/21/08 09:06 PM

They will add it to the arrears. They've done it before, whether I've paid it or not. It's still his half and he owes it. Heck..they have a habit of adding atty fees to arrears (they did with my DH).

I have paid some of bills...but am STILL paying on the bigger ones. So..I have been paying both our portions.

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

#392506 - 04/21/08 09:07 PM

You are wrong, Relayer. We had proof BM had not paid her portion for some of the bills she billed us (to be paid to her) and the judge ordered us to pay HER. And she goes and pays the providers. BTDT. They can and they WILL add it on the arrears in our county and state.

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: I don't think he has any say [Re: M5M5]
      #392595 - 04/22/08 07:42 AM

[quote]You are wrong, Relayer. We had proof BM had not paid her portion for some of the bills she billed us (to be paid to her) and the judge ordered us to pay HER. And she goes and pays the providers. BTDT. They can and they WILL add it on the arrears in our county and state. [/quote]

Not in mine and the reson is tehcnically the money is owed the provider, not the CP. In order for a judgemenbt and subsequent order for garnishment to be ordered, proof has to be produced that the debt to the provider was paid, so if you provided proof he was paid, fine although I wouldn doubt the proof you provided was your portion, in effect perjury.

But at the end of the day, the goal is to get the bills paid so do whatever it takes and whatever works.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

#392599 - 04/22/08 07:51 AM

I agree. I would love for it to be like that here..for the parent to pay the provider directly rather than the other parent. Because it just burns me up that we had to pay BM for services she hadn't even paid for herself yet. There was only one time that DH was able to pay the provider directly rather than pay BM (other than a few therapy sessions) and that was for SD's braces. Even making out the check to the provider and sending it to BM and her forwarding it on would have been better than making out the check to her. I haven't checked lately if she has paid all the bills, but I have a feeling there are a few still left unpaid, but we still have to send her the check. But whatever...least we know she can't come after us again for the same bill. She tried that in November and we pointed it out to her. She actually changed it without mouthing off.

DeeCan
veteran

Reged: 04/05/08
Re: I don't think he has any say [Re: M5M5]
      #393028 - 04/22/08 06:25 PM

I think the reason TN goes ahead and adds it to the arrears or bills it to the NCP even if the CP has not got it paid off is because the CP is the billed/responsible party.

I will say, however, that it is SO much easier for the other parent to pay the provider. ODS' Dad and I started doing this on things like ortho and dentist and it is GREAT. I prefer it this way and I think he feels more confident that it is actually going for DS when he gets to do it that way.

--------------------
Don't drink and park, accidents cause people.

bbb
recently joined

Reged: 08/01/05
Re: Medical bills [Re: M5M5]
      #393289 - 04/23/08 11:10 AM

We just went through this except it was the CP that was not paying 1/2 of Medical bills. The collectors came after us because the insurance was under NCP's name. First the medical bill payment is a seperate issue from CS. It is part of the Custody order so when CS was modified the trouble with paying bills was not considered. They told us that was a different order and would have to have a seperate hearing. What happened is we filed contempt charges. The CP paid their half, some of our legal fees and was found in contempt. Then we were told if it happens again we have to go down the same route again.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2362

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: