Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: Paternity Question and Child Support [Re: SCgirl]
      #394569 - 04/27/08 08:27 AM

I dont see one statement where he said he loved the kid.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
spinnerdegrassi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/20/06
      #394570 - 04/27/08 08:28 AM

See, this is where he would get screwed. He'd be told that the child wasn't "really" his, thus he should get no chance at custody. But he should continue to pay for this child for the next 13-17 years based on the lies perpetrated by the mother.

This is why, without a doubt, there should be mandatory DNA testing at birth for every child born in this country to prevent situations like this.

SCgirl
enthusiast

Reged: 01/27/08
Re: LMAO! I had to laugh... [Re: Relayer]
      #394571 - 04/27/08 08:28 AM

[quote]But what is it with these women who think there is some kind of moral obligation because he supported the kid for the 5 previous years. [/quote]

Of course I think there is a moral obligation! This was "HIS" child for the first several years of it's life. I assume he didn't just "support" this child but acted as the child's father!

I am not pro-father or pro-mother. I am pro-child! This poor child is a VICTIM because of it's shitty parents. I agree that there should probably be some sort of restitution but don't make the child suffer.

spinnerdegrassi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/20/06
Re: LMAO! I had to laugh... [Re: SCgirl]
      #394572 - 04/27/08 08:29 AM

The child will suffer, knowing that the mother is a lying [censored] for the rest of his life. I mean, can you imagine having to spent the rest of your life knowing what your mother did to you. It's all on her.

SCgirl
enthusiast

Re: Paternity Question and Child Support [Re: Relayer]
      #394573 - 04/27/08 08:30 AM

[quote]I dont see one statement where he said he loved the kid. [/quote]

You're right, he did not. I guess I just assumed that when you marry and raise a kid(that you think is your own), love is part of the equation, at least where your child is concerned.

SCgirl
enthusiast

Re: Paternity Question and Child Support [Re: spinnerdegrassi]
      #394575 - 04/27/08 08:38 AM

[quote]See, this is where he would get screwed. He'd be told that the child wasn't "really" his, thus he should get no chance at custody. But he should continue to pay for this child for the next 13-17 years based on the lies perpetrated by the mother. [/quote]

No doubt what the mother did was wholly wrong but I would hope he would at least want a relationship with the child.

As a mother, I was bonded to my children their first day of their life. For example, if someone had told me mere months down the line that one of them were switched at birth and not mine, it would have been agonizing to think I'd have to give it up. I would still love the child as mine. He was this child's father for 5 years!

SCgirl
enthusiast

Re: Paternity Question and Child Support [Re: Relayer]
      #394578 - 04/27/08 08:49 AM

[quote]Why dont you get your checkbook out and start sending ME 20% of your earning. Oh...I know we have no kids together...but dont you feel a moral obligation to support a child who is not yours?[/quote]

I actually would if I raised the child as mine for 5 years...

Renee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: The Palmetto State
      #394593 - 04/27/08 09:24 AM

I agree that there should continue to be a relationship between the child and the OP, but I don't think he should be obligated to get out the ckbook. I think if he does indeed LOVE this child, he wouldn't look at it as an obligation, but as taking care of a child who's already at a disadvantage in life with a morally bankrupt mother. Would it be fair? Heck no. But its not the childs fault mom is a skank so punishing the child further doesn't seem fair either. The child is already losing a family and a Bio father.

DNA testing at birth should be done - I agree with spinner.

As for what the OP can do now? I'd like to see him not only sue Mom for fraud, but get the real papa brought into the fight too. Of course, he probably has no clue he's a papa. If she lied to the OP she surely would've lied to this guy too.

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
The problem is... [Re: SCgirl]
      #394594 - 04/27/08 09:27 AM

He's not one of the shitty parents. He is ALSO a victim. It can hurt and be very emotionally draining to be going through a divorce and discover the child you THOUGHT was yours wasn't, the wife you THOUGHT was faithful wasn't. After he gets over the pain, he may still want a relationship with the child as they've surely grown close over the last 5 years. But it won't help that relationship build if he's forced to pay out for his STBX's lies about that child. That will only put a bigger wedge in there.

--------------------
Char Fox

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
Re: I wonder what... [Re: Relayer]
      #394595 - 04/27/08 09:29 AM

Not to dampen this jovial joking conversation, but in reality, Joseph would likely have been stoned to death for abandoning a wife and child.

--------------------
Char Fox

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4524

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: