Reged: 08/17/07
If I Were President
      #397426 - 05/02/08 11:19 AM

If I Were President
By Chuck Baldwin
May 2, 2008

This column is archived at
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2008/cbarchive_20080502.html

Due to my frequent criticisms of President George W. Bush, I am often asked what I would do if I were President of these United States. This column will serve as an attempt to answer that question.

If I were President, I would begin the process of safely extracting our troops from Iraq. In the first place, our troops are no longer fighting a war, they are an occupation force, which occupies a sovereign country. And this is being done without a Declaration of War. The Iraqi people resent our occupation as much as we would resent another nation stronger than ours invading and occupying America. If such a thing happened to our beloved country, I'm sure many of us would also become "insurgents."

In the second place, the invasion and occupation of Iraq was absolutely unnecessary. Instead of sacrificing more than 4,000 American lives and the lives of tens of thousands of Iraqi citizens (not to mention some 2-3 trillion dollars), President Bush should have supported Ron Paul's bill, H.R. 3076, the September 11 Marque and Reprisal Act of 2001. This is the constitutional way to deal with rogue terrorist organizations. This is the way President Thomas Jefferson responded to the Barbary pirates.

According to Congressman Paul, "A letter of marque and reprisal is a constitutional tool specifically designed to give the President the authority to respond with appropriate force to those non-state actors who wage aggression against the United States while limiting his authority to only those responsible for the atrocities of that day.
Such a limited authorization is consistent with the doctrine of just war and the practical aim of keeping Americans safe while minimizing the costs in blood and treasure of waging such an operation."

Had President Bush responded in this manner, tens of thousands of lives would have been saved, trillions of dollars would not have needed to be spent, Osama bin Laden and most of his fellow terrorists would likely be dead, and we would not be bogged down in a nightmarish military quagmire in Iraq. And, if I were President, this is exactly how I would handle terrorist organizations such as al Qaeda.

Furthermore, it is absolutely ludicrous to say we are fighting a war on terror half way around the world when we refuse to secure our borders and ports. If I were President, I would immediately seal our borders. I would also see to it that employers in America who knowingly hire illegal aliens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In plain language: any employer who consciously hires illegal aliens would go to jail. They would not pass Go; they would not collect $200; they would go straight to jail.

By sealing the borders and by cutting off the money supply to illegal aliens, the problem of illegal immigration would dry up. As it is, we have no idea how many potential terrorists--not to mention violent gang members such as MS-13--have snuck (and are sneaking) through our borders.

And speaking of illegal immigration, as President, I would enforce our visa rules. This means anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law is immediately deported. There would be no "path to citizenship" given to any illegal alien. That means no amnesty. Not in any shape, manner, or form. I would not allow tax dollars to be used to pay for illegal aliens' education, social services, or medical care. As President, I would end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. There would be no "anchor babies" during my administration.

If I were President, I would use the bully pulpit of the White House to encourage Congress to pass Congressman Ron Paul's Sanctity of Life Act. In short, this bill would do two things: First, it would declare that unborn babies are persons under the law. Second, under the authority of Article. III. Section. 2. of the U.S. Constitution, it would remove abortion from the jurisdiction of the Court. In essence, this bill would immediately overturn Roe v. Wade and end legalized abortion.

Republicans tout themselves as being "pro-life." Yet, the GOP controlled both houses of Congress and the White House for six years and did absolutely nothing to overturn Roe or end abortion-on-demand.
Under my administration, we could end legal abortion in a matter of days, not decades. And if Congress refused to pass Dr. Paul's bill, I would use the constitutional power of the Presidency to deny funds to protect abortion clinics. Either way, legalized abortion ends when I take office.

On the subject of foreign policy, as President, I would end foreign aid. I would also end the current infatuation with nation-building, empire-building, and interventionism. America is not the world's policeman. Neither are our military personnel the personal militia of the United Nations.

Remember that President Bush told the U.N. in 2003 that the reason we invaded Iraq was for the purpose of securing the "peace and credibility of the United Nations." (I lie not; that is what he said.) President Bush also placed the U.S. back under UNESCO in spite of the fact that President Reagan had heroically taken the U.S. out from under that sinister organization.

I am sure that readers recall that the U.N. Charter was authored by a Soviet communist agent (Alger Hiss) and that the U.S. has been fighting wars for the U.N. ever since the organization was created back in 1945.

Speaking of the United Nations, as President, I would withhold funds from the support of the United Nations. In other words, I would get the U.S. out of the U.N. Beyond that, when I move into the White House, the U.N.'s rent is up! They move out of New York City post haste.

By the same token, there is absolutely no reason for us to be in NATO.
We should not be antagonizing Russia by attempting to expand NATO.
There is no reason why Russia could not become a friend and ally of the United States. Free and fair trade with Russia and a noninterventionist foreign policy in Europe would do much to endear American interests to Russia. To insist on expanding and empowering NATO only serves to further alienate Russia and drive her to make alliances with Communist China.

Speaking of China, it is time that we recognize the very serious threat that China poses to the peace and security of the United States. Our trade practices serve only to allow corporate America to continue to invest in what will surely become an albatross around the neck of our well-being. We must discontinue the practice of allowing China to export its cheap products to the U.S. with no protection for America's jobs and manufacturing, not to mention the lack of protection for our safety. This must stop, and it will stop when I become President. "Free trade" will no longer mean a free ride for Red China.

Furthermore, as President, I would take the preservation of our nation's sovereignty and independence extremely seriously. This means that the burgeoning North American Union is dead on arrival the day I am sworn in as President. Gone, too, is the NAFTA superhighway. And for that matter, I would lead the United States out of NAFTA and CAFTA altogether. And any prospect for the FTAA would be dead as well.

As President, I would be the best friend that gun owners (and lawful gun dealers), homeschoolers, and veterans ever had in the White House.
These are three of the most persecuted, harassed, or overlooked groups of people in the country. But not if I were President.

There is no reason why our veterans should wait for weeks and months to receive the medical care they need. It is disgraceful that we would ask our brave men and women of the U.S. armed forces to fight our country's battles and then leave them to pretty much fend for themselves when it comes to receiving adequate health care. I would make taking care of our veterans an extremely high priority, if I were President.

If I were President, I would also do everything in my power to locate and retrieve any and all MIAs. I personally believe that there are hundreds of our servicemen who are yet being held against their will in various parts of the world. I would make finding them and bringing them home of utmost priority, if I were President.

On the home front, if I were President, I would end corporate welfare.
I would also work to disband the Department of Energy (along with the Department of Education and many other federal departments). There is absolutely no reason for us to be dependent upon OPEC. There is enough gas and oil under the soil of Alaska (not to mention the Dakotas and the Gulf of Mexico) to meet the energy needs of the United States for the next 150-200 years. There is also no reason that gas should cost more than $1.50 a gallon (which is about what it was before Bush became President).

We must begin drilling for the domestic oil that we know exists; we must build more refineries and nuclear power plants. There is no reason why the United States cannot be mostly energy independent. It is time we started putting the people and interests of the United States ahead of the CEOs and interests of international corporations.

Lastly, if I were President, I would work feverishly to overturn the Sixteenth Amendment, which would repeal the Income Tax. And, no, I would not promote a national sales tax. That would be disastrous! Can you imagine what a 30% sales tax would do to the cost of EVERYTHING?
Plus, give politicians a national sales tax to increase and just imagine what kind of percent that would grow into!

I would also work to repeal the "death tax," inheritance taxes, and property taxes. The American people are already paying somewhere between 30% and 40% of their income to Uncle Sam. It must stop. We are bankrupting our country with this incessant and burdensome tax system.
In addition, I would work to expunge the Federal Reserve and to restore the American economy to sound money.

Now, I hear people say, That's easy for you to say; you are not a candidate for President. Ah, but now I am.

Last week, in its national nominating convention in Kansas City, Missouri, the Constitution Party nominated me as its 2008 Presidential candidate. Party delegates nominated me over Ambassador Alan Keyes by a margin of 74% to 24%. Therefore, I am now a candidate for President of these United States.

See the CP website at
http://www.constitutionparty.com

My Vice Presidential running mate is Darrell Castle, an attorney and Vietnam War Marine Corps veteran from Memphis, Tennessee.

Our web site is not online yet, but will be soon. We will be able to receive credit card donations when the web page is uploaded. The address of my campaign web site is:
http://www.baldwin2008.com

In the meantime, if anyone wants to support our campaign, checks may be written to:

Baldwin 2008
P.O. Box 131
Palmyra, New Jersey 08065

I believe it is only fair, as I continue to write these columns, that one understands the full disclosure of my candidacy.

As readers know, I enthusiastically supported Ron Paul during the Republican Primary season. I plan to continue to trumpet his call for limited government, non-interventionism abroad, constitutional government, and freedom into the general election as a Third Party candidate.

I do not expect the national media to pay us much heed; they seldom do. I do not expect to receive large donations from corporate America.
I do expect criticism and ridicule. That is nothing new. However, I also anticipate tens of thousands of freedom-loving people from all religious persuasions and walks of life to rally to our cause. Why?
Because thousands of principled people will not be bullied into voting for the "evil of two lessers" being shoved down our throats by the two major parties. Because this campaign is not about Chuck Baldwin. It is not about a political party. It is about freedom. It is about constitutional government. It is about restoring America to the founding principles bequeathed to us by our Founding Fathers. If you believe in those principles, join us!

In the meantime, these columns will continue to serve as a voice for America's founding principles, as they have for the past eight-plus years. In addition, unlike the candidates from the two major parties, the taxpayers are not underwriting my campaign, and I will continue my day job. (Imagine that: a Presidential candidate who actually works for a living!) And all of this is just in time for my 56th birthday, which is tomorrow, May 3.

There you have it: this is what I would do if I were President of these wonderful United States of America.

*If you enjoyed this column and want to help me distribute these editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/donate.php

(c) Chuck Baldwin

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: If I Were President [Re: FreedomFlghter]
      #397632 - 05/02/08 04:51 PM

The economy is now the #1 issue in this election, none of the above stuff

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

jbar
journeyman

Reged: 12/26/06
Re: If I Were President [Re: Relayer]
      #397664 - 05/02/08 06:38 PM

============================================================
===========================================================

The economy is the result of the above stuff.

Chuck Baldwin doesn't stand a chance of really getting anywhere, as Ron Paul didn't, nor as do any thinking people in this country. It's too late to save the country, and no matter how the people vote now, sea change forces have already been released which guarantee that the economy can only gradually continue to worsen. Ron Paul may have been our last chance.

Thinking men can now only struggle to protect themselves and their own families, tell only their close friends what they really think, and keep quiet about it to everyone else--lest they be misunderstood and even labeled a "subversive".

--------------------
"There is no force so powerful as an idea whose time has come."
...Everett Dirksen

Edited by jbar (05/02/08 06:40 PM)

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: If I Were President [Re: jbar]
      #397770 - 05/02/08 10:09 PM

[quote]============================================================
===========================================================

The economy is the result of the above stuff.

[/quote]

no really..if anything, Iraq as seriously helped the economy. Why do you think we are even there? Bush Jr. was trapped in a horrible recession. Nothing stimulates an economy like a good war, until the go bad, hence we have Bush Recession II.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

jbar
journeyman

Re: If I Were President [Re: Relayer]
      #397787 - 05/03/08 12:22 AM

..if anything, Iraq as seriously helped the economy. Why do you think we are even there? Bush Jr. was trapped in a horrible recession. Nothing stimulates an economy like a good war, until the go bad, hence we have Bush Recession II.

That's just it, Relay. Financing a war, which doesn't ultimately produce any economic benefits for the country doing the financing, is just as bad as printing money-- unless you can compensate for it by creating real wealth somewhere else. The only alternative to runaway inflation under these circumstances is to have deflationary forces at work, such as high unemployment and high oil prices, which is exactly what we have. What can be good about these things?

The real disgrace is that this very unemployment and high oil prices are also caused by the deficit financing which the administration has had to use to finance the war in the first place. Since they can't raise taxes, they have to keep borrowing more money and, as we've recently seen, even engage in "direct" inflation and monetary stimulus to try to eliminate the unemployment problem. This deficit financing is the reason that our dollar has gone from forty cents to a Euro to $1.60. Since there is really no "U.S. economy" any longer, but only the international economy, this to me represents a huge loss of money, in itself, to every American.

They say that they are against illegal immigration, while refusing to really do anything about it. This is because they desparately need the cheap labor, and Social Security taxes which the immigrants pay (and which will never be paid out, in turn, in benefits), to keep a lid on inflation and restrain the need for more deficit financing. Granted, these immigrants are a drain on local welfare funds, but Washington takes the view that this is the problem of the states.

IMHO no presently viable candidate for President will be able to do anything about these problems, particularly after the Israeli lobby goes to work on them, and they may even have to borrow additional billions to finance their big health care promises.

--------------------
...Everett Dirksen

Edited by jbar (05/03/08 01:20 AM)

Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/08/05
Loc: OH
Re: If I Were President [Re: FreedomFlghter]
      #397823 - 05/03/08 08:42 AM

I'm assuming that while you get the troops out of Iraq, you will be doing likewise for our occupying forces in South Korea, Japan and Germany???

SuferingMisandry

Reged: 02/09/08
Loc: ME
Re: If I Were President [Re: Buckeye]
      #398307 - 05/05/08 11:01 AM

Man for All Seasons: Chuck Baldwin Garners Nod for President of the United States

To some, Chuck Baldwin is the consummate Christian minister. To others, he’s a one-man think-tank studying, researching and analyzing the human condition within today’s American society.

One minute he’s leading a church service for one a large Christian congregation in Florida. Next minute, you’ll hear Rev. Baldwin telling his audience why he’s against killing innocent, newborn babies on his radio talk show. Or perhaps you’ll hear him discussing the US Constitution’s close relationship to the Christian Bible and Christian faith.

As if preaching and teaching aren’t enough to fill anyone’s plate, Pastor Chuck is a prolific writer and columnist who’s not afraid to mix “fire and brimstone” into one of his political montages.

I hate using Cliches, but in Rev. Baldwin’s case I hope you’ll allow me at least one: As was Sir Thomas More — the thorn in King Henry VIII’s side — Chuck Baldwin is a Man for All Seasons.

And now Pastor Chuck Baldwin can add one more grand achievement to his already bulging list of accomplishments: He is the Constitution Party’s candidate for the office of President of the United States. After what was expected to be a tough political battle for the nomination, Baldwin beat his stiffest competition — the charismatic and brilliant former Ambassador and television news host Alan Keyes.

In fact, many voters were surprised over the relative ease and finesse with which Baldwin captured the nomination. Afterall, Keyes had the name recognition, the political contacts, the Republican bonifides and the intelligence to mentally disarm the vast majority of Democrats and liberal Republicans. However, unlike Pastor Chuck Baldwin, Amb. Keyes could not remove his GOP garments that many conservatives — out of necessity — must shed in order to do battle with the forces of evil within America’s body-politic.

As a young man, Chuck, who is now 56 years-old, decided to pursue a career in law enforcement. His plan was to join the U.S. Marine Corps and afterward begin working as a Deputy Sheriff in La Porte County, Indiana. The Sheriff at that time was Cliff Arnold. (Arnold later became an Indiana State Representative.) Mr. Arnold had told Chuck that following his tour in the Marines, a position at the Sheriff’s office was waiting for him. All that changed in the summer of 1970 when Chuck answered the divine call to the Christian minisitry.

As a result, instead of joining the Marines, Chuck enrolled in Bible College. After graduating from La Porte High School in 1971 Chuck attended Midwestern Baptist College in Pontiac, Michigan, for two years. He then married and moved to Lynchburg, Virginia. He enrolled in the Thomas Road Bible Institute (now known as the Liberty Bible Institute at Liberty University) and graduated with his Bible Diploma.

He then earned his Bachelor of Theology and Master of Theology degrees via external degree programs from Christian Bible College in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Chuck received his first honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Christian Bible College. He received his second honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Trinity Baptist College in Jacksonville, Florida.

Dr. Baldwin and his wife met with four others on June 22, 1975. It was first meeting of the Crossroad Baptist Church. The church was organized in September of that year. Six acres of prime property were purchased in 1978. In 1985 the church was recognized by President Ronald Reagan for its unusual growth and influence. The church has gone through five building programs and has just move into its current 750-seat auditorium and office complex.

The church plans to next construct a gymnasium/youth center. Some of the choice spiritual and political leaders of the nation have spoken in this pulpit including Liberty University Chancellor Jerry Falwell, Reform Party Presidential Candidate Pat Buchanan, Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore, Evangelist Pete Rice, U.S.S. Pueblo Intellegence Officer Lt. Commander Steven Harris, Author Salem Kirban, Vietnam Veteran/Evangelist Tim Lee, Author & Liberty University Professor Harold Willmington, Rep. Joe Scarborough, Rep. Jeff Miller, Tortured For Christ Author Harlan Popov, Evangelist Chuck Millhuff, Pastor Walt Hanford, Author/Evangelist Don Boys, Author/Evangelist/ WW II Veteran Kenny McComas, Captain Eugene “Red” McDaniel, Businessman Stanley Tam, Dr. Reed Bell, “Top Gun” Pilot/Gulf War Veteran Commander Sandy Jones, Alabama Governor Fob James, Jr., Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, 2000 Constitution Party Presidential Candidate Howard Phillips, Reform Party Vice Presidential Candidate Ezola Foster, D. James Kennedy Associate Janet Folger, 2004 Constitution Party Presidential Candidate Michael Peroutka, Former Pastor of the Indianapolis Baptist Temple, Dr. Greg Dixon, Ambassador Alan Keyes, and others.

RADIO TALK SHOW HOST: Dr. Baldwin is the host of a lively, hard-hitting radio talk show called, “Chuck Baldwin Live.” This is a daily, one hour long call-in show in which Dr. Baldwin addresses current event topics from a conservative Christian point of view.

This program, which has been on the air for nearly seven years now, has been highly successful in helping to elect conservatives to local, state and national offices.

“Chuck Baldwin Live” is regarded as perhaps the most influential voice in the Florida Panhandle for conservative, Christian principles. Thousands of concerned citizens are being informed and inspired to social and political activism as a direct result of this radio talk show. Chuck’s guest list reads like a “Who’s Who” from both the local and national scene. The program made its national debut in early May 2001 on the Genesis Communications Network.

MORAL MAJORITY LEADER: From 1980-1984 Dr. Baldwin served as Pensacola Chairman, and then State Chairman of the Florida Moral Majority. Through these efforts many successful rallies and conferences were conducted. (One rally drew nearly 2,000 people during a driving rain storm.) Pro-family legislation was enacted, and Christians were educated as to moral-political information and involvement. Also, thousands of new conservative voters were generated.

AUTHOR: Chuck has authored two books. The first is entitled “Subjects Seldom Spoken On” which contains eleven sermons not normally addressed. The second, “This Is The Life,” is a verse-by-verse exposition of the Epistles of John. Numerous theological booklets have also been written by Dr. Baldwin, including the popular, “Let’s Look at Legalism.” Through his radio program Dr. Baldwin has edited and produced “The Freedom Documents.” This volume contains over fifty of the most important and influential documents of American history. No where else that we know of can you find these great, historic documents under one title. Chuck also writes daily editorials that are sent to thousands of subscribers electronically. These editorial opinions are carried by several newspapers, newsletters, and Internet web sites around the country

NEWSPAPER AND INTERNET COLUMNIST: Chuck Baldwin is a prolific writer/columnist whose articles and political commentaries are carried by a host of Internet sites, newspapers, and news magazines. His columns have appeared in such national publications as Insight magazine. His articles are featured regularly on Internet news sites such as World Net Daily, Covenant News, News With Views, Alan Keyes’ Renew America, Gulf1, Web Today and a host of others. His columns also appear regularly in newspapers such as the Greenville, South Carolina Times Examiner and The Independent Florida Sun.

MEDIA APPEARANCES: Chuck has appeared on virtually every local media outlet in the Pensacola, Florida area including television, radio, and newspaper. He has also appeared on national television networks, including CNN and MSNBC. ABC television news once filmed his radio broadcast for a feature story. He has appeared on prime time national news shows such as Scarborough Country on MSNBC and Anderson Cooper on CNN. He has also appeared on the German Radio Network, and the British Broadcasting Corporation’s television network. Chuck has also been featured in national magazines and newspapers such as Esquire, The Miami Herald, and The Washington Times.

DISTINCTIONS: Chuck Baldwin has preached in churches all over the United States and overseas. He has spoken at several notable events including being the keynote speaker at the 50th anniversary of D-Day celebration at the Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida. Dr. Baldwin has been proclaimed an honorary member of both the Pensacola City Council and the Women for Responsible Legislation.

He has appeared before the Tiger Bay Club as well as several civic organizations. He has also been the guest of honor at a meeting of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. He was also awarded the Bronze Medal of Patriotism by the Sons of the American Revolution.Twice, Dr. Baldwin was proclaimed “Minister Of The Day” in the Florida House of Representatives.

Recently, this distinction was awarded to him by the Florida State Senate. Also, Pastor Baldwin has had audiences with former Presidents Ronald Reagan and George Bush, Sr. and Governors Bob Martinez, Fob James, Jr. and Jeb Bush. He has also been officially recognized by the Escambia County Florida Sheriffs Department as an Honorary Deputy Sheriff.Dr. Baldwin is a member of the Board of Directors for Gospel Radio Latin America (G.R.L.A.) in Ft. Worth, Texas, and on the Board of Regional Vice Presidents for Trinity Baptist College in Jacksonville, Florida. He received the “National Medal of Patriotism” award from the American Police Hall of Fame and is a volunteer chaplain at the State Prison in Century, Florida. He is also listed in “Who’s Who of the Gulf Coast.”

There is so much more American voters should know about Pastor Chuck Baldwin, and as his presidential campaign proceeds, rest assured you’ll see my coverage of his White House race.

Jim Kouri, CPP is currently fifth vice-president of the National Association of Chiefs of Police and he’s a staff writer for the New Media Alliance (thenma.org). In addition, he’s the new editor for the House Conservatives Fund’s weblog. Kouri also serves as political advisor for Emmy and Golden Globe winning actor Michael Moriarty.

He’s former chief at a New York City housing project in Washington Heights nicknamed “Crack City” by reporters covering the drug war in the 1980s. In addition, he served as director of public safety at a New Jersey university and director of security for several major organizations. He’s also served on the National Drug Task Force and trained police and security officers throughout the country. Kouri writes for many police and security magazines including Chief of Police, Police Times, The Narc Officer and others. He’s a news writer for TheConservativeVoice.Com and PHXnews.com. He’s also a columnist for AmericanDaily.Com, MensNewsDaily.Com, MichNews.Com, and he’s syndicated by AXcessNews.Com. He’s appeared as on-air commentator for over 100 TV and radio news and talk shows including Oprah, McLaughlin Report, CNN Headline News, MTV, Fox News, etc. His book Assume The Position is available at Amazon.Com. Kouri’s own website is located at http://jimkouri.us

2 Comments »
shatteredmen said,

I think it would be save to say that we can assure Chuck the support of a hundred thousand men and probably as many women depending on his view of the Violence Against Women Act along with the child support guidelines and other feminist pork barrel laws that are destroying our homes at a record rate. We need someone that will run for POTUS that will stand up to the radical feminist and demand a return to family rights and who will not bow down at the foot of the feminist goddess. I will support Chuck fully if he is this man

May 4, 2008 at 1:05 am

amfortas said,

Do you think he might be a suitable running mate?

Vote #1 Amfortas.

May 5, 2008 at 6:01 am

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/05/03/man-for-all-seasons-chuck-baldwin-garners-nod-for-president-of-the-united-states/

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
The writer is incorrect... [Re: FreedomFlghter]
      #398347 - 05/05/08 11:53 AM

"If I were President, I would begin the process of safely extracting our troops from Iraq."

In the current situation, there is NO way to safely extract the troops. These extemists want us DEAD. They don't want us GONE, they don't want us to come home, they want us DEAD. Adn as soon as CNN announces the extraction order, it will be open season not only on American soldiers, but on innocent civilians that want nothing more than what WE have, and obtained by the same means (topple the seated government, with global support, and establish a new government).

"Furthermore, it is absolutely ludicrous to say we are fighting a war on terror half way around the world when we refuse to secure our borders and ports."

The SAME bleeding heart liberals that advocate pulling out of Iraq are the ones screaming for prosecution of the limited resources we have at our borders NOW. Border Patrol agents serving JAIL TIME for shooting a drug dealer at the border who tried to KILL them. And they didn't even KILL him, they simple shot him in the ass.

Sure, we COULD seal the borders, but then half the people who vote for the Democrats would be stuck in Mexico.

"And speaking of illegal immigration, as President, I would enforce our visa rules. This means anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law is immediately deported. There would be no "path to citizenship" given to any illegal alien. That means no amnesty. Not in any shape, manner, or form. I would not allow tax dollars to be used to pay for illegal aliens' education, social services, or medical care. As President, I would end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. There would be no "anchor babies" during my administration."

Same as above, the same folks that are against the war want to hand the country to the illegals. Great to THINK you would do those things, but the congress would never allow it.

"If I were President, I would use the bully pulpit of the White House to encourage Congress to pass Congressman Ron Paul's Sanctity of Life Act. In short, this bill would do two things: First, it would declare that unborn babies are persons under the law. Second, under the authority of Article. III. Section. 2. of the U.S. Constitution, it would remove abortion from the jurisdiction of the Court. In essence, this bill would immediately overturn Roe v. Wade and end legalized abortion."

Sure, and currently, our population is split about evenly on the issue. So, as a solution, you would STOP this insane law regarding abortion that ignores half of the populations requests, and ignore the OTHER half of the populations requests. Huh?

Bottom line is that abortion is a states rights issue, and the federal government has NOTHING to do with it. R vs W was a bad legal decision in the first place. They MADE law instead of interpereting it.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

jbar
journeyman

Re: The writer is incorrect... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #398621 - 05/05/08 05:52 PM

The only way that this country can stabilize Iraq and eventally pull our troops out is to accept that a new "strong man" will have to emerge there who will, hopefully, keep the country from coming under the control of Iran. To accomplish this we will have to distance ourselves from the "democracy" there and, when this new leader takes control, offer no assistance to any elements whatsoever who oppose him. This time, however, we had better make sure that he is "our man", will remain so and that we don't do anything to antagonize him as we did with Saddam.

In the mean time we should have a token force there ONLY TO PROTECT THE OIL SUPPLIES, which we must demand a portion of as our price for our sacrifice there. Unless we stay there forever as some (McCain?) advocate, this will be the ultimate result anyway, and the longer we delay it the more we will lose in every way. If there are locals there who have cooperated with us, and who may be in real danger after we leave--in spight of the new strong leader's best efforts to protect them--we can simply give them and their entire families U.S. citizenhip and move them here, as we have done in every war from Korea to Vietnam through the many conflicts in the Horn of Africa in which we have been involved. These immigrants assimilate quickly, become productive members of society and can replace the cheap, illegal labor from Mexico.

The anti-American elements which would remain in Iraq will have their hands full, just trying to protect themselves after we leave and will not have the ability to come after us, in the U.S. or anywhere else. The money saved in Iraq can be used to keep the heat on Bin Laden, and other real terrorists, all over the world. It is a basic military principle that, "if you keep your enemy on the run he can't mount a counterattack".

--------------------
...Everett Dirksen

Edited by jbar (05/05/08 06:02 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 4134

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: