Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> New Relationships

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
dontcallmemaam
recently joined

Reged: 04/30/08
Loc: Southern California
If Love is Blind, how is it Love At First Sight?
      #400953 - 05/11/08 04:03 AM

Has anyone ever said "you know the saying" and then given you some cheesy statement that's meant to make you feel better and usually does because its so stupid that its funny? But have you ever really thought about what these "sayings" are saying? Just for fun I wanted to share some of the ones that have been around in my circle of life that may or may not be familiar to you.

..you know the saying...
1. "Love is Blind" and "it was Love At First Sight"------at what point did love's sight become impaired? I guess when the relationship goes bad, right?

2. "you will meet the one for you when you're not looking and least expect it"-----I've heard this one and many similar versions of it all my life and I question how this could possibly happen if everyone is waiting to be found, who is doing the looking? I mean no one is going around saying "the one for you is the one that is not looking and waiting to be found by you". Someone needs to start saying this, but hey maybe it has been said but its never reached my circle of life. Please tell me if you've heard anything.

3. "If you love someone, let them go, if they return they were always yours. And if they don't then they never were"--------oh sure, but correct me if I'm wrong when I say doesn't it really depend on what the hell we let them go for in the first place, huh?

4. "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" or "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have lost at all"--------either way, this was obvious made up by the person doing the breaking up. Anyone who has ever had there heart broken would say you're full of crap.

5. "All is fair in love and war"---------why was war invited into this statement?

6. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"---------don't forget about suspicious, angry, less interested and sometimes psychotic.

7. "What does not destroy us, makes us stronger"------------as long as its not making me stronger for more destruction.

Now its your turn to share, I would really love to hear some more of these please.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1313

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: