Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Eric
old hand

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: USA
New DVD on DV & PF
      #4101 - 11/13/04 12:39 PM

Hi All,

In earlier posts I have talked about FOX News in San Diego giving broad coverage to various men's issues, thanks to reporter Sherri Palmeri and an extremely supportive news department.

With the help of Ray Blumhorst, we were able to have nine of the segments transferred from VHS to DVD and put in some sensible order with titles, which was pricey.

The DVD runs 33 minutes and there are several segments regarding paternity fraud and domestic violence, the later two with attorney Marc Angelucci, President NCFMLA, and one with Carol Ensign who operates a shelter that accepts men and women. Included are segments about peeping Toms (which I included for balance to show the type of man that gives other men bad names), female rape of adult males, rape and date rape with Warren Farrell, male contraception with Warren Farrell, one concerning the "Throw Rocks at Little Boys" controversy, and one about a prison program for women that allows for children. Segments also include interviews with paternity fraud victims, representatives of NOW, other attorneys, health professionals, and so on, including yours truly, though I'm much better looking in person than on the DVD.

More segments exist and will be added as received and funds are available.
It's my hope that within a year we will have developed a more comprehensive DVD with scripted segments for transitions, as applicable and appropriate.
However, the DVD as it exists, to my knowledge, is the only media that begins to give a broad and integrated picture of various men's issues. It has excellent application for training and educational purposes.

The DVD's are available for a donation of $15. They cannot be sold because of copyright restrictions. The $15 dollars doesn't even come close to covering the cost of production and mailing, considering the cost of updating the DVD and time spend on the project. Another donation is necessary when the DVD is updated and if you want an updated version. If you would like one or more of these send a check or money order for $15 for each copy requested to me: Harry A. Crouch, 3586 Idlewild Way, San Diego, CA 92117. It is not tax deductible.

All DVD's will be sent first class mail. Please allow several weeks for delivery. I need to wait to see how many of you actually send a donation before ordering more copies to be produced, since we can only afford to have them produced once the donations are received and we have cash in hand to cover the costs. However, I'll get them in the mail ASAP when funds as donations arrive.

Make sure you include a legible return mailing address please; also, a contact telephone number and email address.

This is no Hollywood production with special effects and so on. Transferring from VHS to DVD isn't the cleanest way to do video, but it's pretty darn good and will get better as we can afford to update it. I recommend watching it on a fast computer with plenty of memory or a decent DVD player.
Otherwise, you'll find audio and video may be out of sink, but that's generally a condition of your equipment, not the DVD.

Sorry, no refunds. What you get is what you get, but it's well worth the donation for sure.

This is the only notice I will sent re this version of the DVD, though I'll let you know about revisions and so on.

If you have any questions email away... Before someone asks, I do not have the computer equipment or capability to reproduce the DVD's. If I did I could get the cost a bit lower. I would like to be able to just give them away, and I have. But, that only goes so far because of the cost.

Take Care,

Harry A. Crouch

Disclaimer: You are free to redistribute this letter or any part thereof as you wish and as legally permitted. If you would like to be removed from this mailing list send me an email requesting same by typing in the ≥Subject≤ line, ≥Please remove me from the WIN letter distribution list.≤ No other message is necessary, though you are welcome to send one. You are receiving this message because (1) you asked to be included; (2) you requested information from me; (3) you are known to work on issues related to men's or father's rights; (4) you are known to be interested in civil liberties and equal justice for all; (5) your name and address appeared as an addressee on email sent to me, (6) or you are a representative of the women industry with whom I have had contact or became aware through other sources. I do not intentionally distribute this to anyone else, including email addresses, unless I know you. I take efforts to protect the privacy of others and distribute this letter as blind copies. I try hard not to divulge certain names of individuals or organizations, unless already in the public domain.
You are free to pass this newsletter on. If you would like to contribute to the news letter, please send me an email with topic of interest or information. NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, any copyrighted material herein is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go
to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtm

--------------------
Equality is not a difficult concept

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 965

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: