Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
OT-Question for the Democrats on the board...
      #419739 - 06/26/08 07:12 AM

And this is NOT a slam, but a real question. I have been reading about the upcoming convention, and some of the stuff they are doing to make it "greener" (including buying biodegradable balloons and TESTING them in a compost heap, and figuring the carbon footprint for all the food preparation so they can buy carbon crdeits for renewable energy sources to offset it).

I have to ask, is this really the prevailing thought processes of the current democratic party, or are these green freaks exactly that, freaks? This is a serious question, I just can't believe the followers of Kennedy and the likes are SO out in left field. And if this ISN'T the prevailing though, is there a process underway to wrestle control of the party AWAY from these folks?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Runswithscissors
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/29/04
Re: OT-Question for the Democrats on the board... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #419740 - 06/26/08 07:21 AM

In general, conservation is a democratic view... however with that said...the people doing this are your Al Gore "freaks". IT's not the primary focus of the convention. Conserving Energy is, but again..not to the extreme it's going. Obama isn't "radical" on the whole global warming issue- Hillary wasn't either. Their first and foremost concern is the economy and the war.

I am a Republican turned democrat over the past 2 years and I believe in going green, I believe in conservation- but I've taken baby steps in going that way. Ex in our camping- we went with the Coleman White fuel at 9.00 a gallon for our coleman stove vs. propane. Small changes. White fuel is more cleaner for the environment. We recycle, don't use paper products (paper towels, napkins) and our TP is recycled TP. We are looking at taping ground for heat source over the next few years and I don't run my air conditioner until it hits 95 degrees. Windows are open throughout the house (but I am lucky in that I have over 42 windows in my house that can open and the fact its an art/crafts house so it's built in a circular pattern so we get good wind flow.

1966Gal
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 04/04/08
      #419751 - 06/26/08 08:20 AM

I don't think you can take the actions of a few extreme activists and apply them to ALL Democrats.

That's like saying if a group of Christian murders someone, all Christians are murderers. Not so.

--------------------
The Gov cannot give anything to anyone - that they have not first taken away from someone else.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: OT-Question for the Democrats on the board... [Re: 1966Gal]
      #419793 - 06/26/08 09:36 AM

I don't think that makes them freaks, I mean if they do it, they do it, its the ramming it down anyone's throat with the convictions of a jihad that would make them freaks to me. I think if they can do it greener, great, or even not at all, I mean its the convention, whats going to happen, they are going to tell everyone what they already know. oh well, I think Obama has bigger issues than his environmental thoughts, its hard to get away from your past, but I am sure the American short memory will give him what he needs.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
But you have to understand... [Re: 1966Gal]
      #419799 - 06/26/08 09:59 AM

...this is not some ISOLATED incident somewhere in the world. They have put these people in charge of the DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION. A HUGE event held only every 4 years and televised across the nation.

If a group of Christian murderers were put in charge of the yearly Ecumenical Easter service, I would EXPECT there to be a backlash, and I would VEHEMENTLY oppose their belief structure.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

hippie1981
veteran

Reged: 09/27/05
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: But you have to understand... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #419910 - 06/26/08 12:14 PM

Um....people actually pay attention to the conventions? Personally, I see nothing wrong with being environmentally conscious. If you're going to lump all democrats as tree huggers, does that mean that all republicans are for the destruction of the rainforest, smog, and clubbing of baby seals?

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: But you have to understand... [Re: hippie1981]
      #419956 - 06/26/08 01:42 PM

So, a baby seal walks into a club.............

BB1
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: MD
      #420001 - 06/26/08 02:47 PM

(including buying biodegradable balloons and TESTING them in a compost heap, and figuring the carbon footprint for all the food preparation so they can buy carbon crdeits for renewable energy sources to offset it).

---------------Wouldn't it be greener to not use balloons at all? Yeah, they're pretty. Yeah, they're festive. But really? Are they necessary? A convention for adult professionals doesn't "need" balloons. Balloons at an adult, professional event is nothing more than a waste of money and I have no doubt greener balloons cost more than a regular old balloon. I'm boycotting the whole balloon idea.

--------------------
It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear.

motorboater
old hand

Reged: 03/14/08
Re: OT-Question for the Democrats on the board... [Re: BB1]
      #420046 - 06/26/08 03:23 PM

They should drop biodegradable compost, not balloons.

ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
Re: OT-Question for the Democrats on the board... [Re: BB1]
      #420052 - 06/26/08 03:27 PM

Hey maybe we should go to the convention and pop all the balloons in protest.

Pages: 1

Extra information
5 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1073

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: